First Ever Attempt - Indoor Closet - Done A Lot Of Reading & Welcome Advice!

Re: First ever attempt, done a lot of reading and welcome help! Indoor closet!

you deserve it mate, looks like you took some time to work it all out and get it set up like that, after all that hard work you should benefit loads, its well worth taking the time to do it when you can clearly end up with something as good as that, it just shows what a bit of time and effort can do, im sure the plants will benefit loads as well, looks like you got it all sorted out, and set up how you want it, so now its time to get it all dialed in and running to perfection, im sure you will have it running smoothly and have some very rewarding plants out the end of all this

you deserve it mate, looks like you took some time to work it all out and get it set up like that, after all that hard work you should benefit loads, its well worth taking the time to do it when you can clearly end up with something as good as that, it just shows what a bit of time and effort can do, im sure the plants will benefit loads as well, looks like you got it all sorted out, and set up how you want it, so now its time to get it all dialed in and running to perfection, im sure you will have it running smoothly and have some very rewarding plants out the end of all this

Well I couldn't do it without the help of yourself and the other kind folk here, so thank-you. This first grow will be a good learning curve, I think I will hit the hempy buckets for the next grow, which will hopefully be from clones.

Quick Update

Scenic Garden Shot :love:

IMG_24887.jpg

Hempy Plant and Roots, be interesting to see if it can catch up the few days later it started after the mystery seed.

IMG_24896.jpg
IMG_24904.jpg

Mystery Seed

IMG_24935.jpg

Cars

IMG_249110.jpg
IMG_24928.jpg

:green_heart:

I found this comparison really rewarding, pictures from 3 days ago compared to today!

IMG_247771.jpg
IMG_248871.jpg

so how do you like the 2liter grow so far? everything looks sweet:). nice grow so far. keep it going:cheer:

so how do you like the 2liter grow so far? everything looks sweet:). nice grow so far. keep it going:cheer:

Hey fish cake! Yeah that 2L plant is growing like a rocket!

What flavor? :thumb:

Oh btw, Im at 19/5, because I dont want to burn the house down when at work, and it might save a little power and give the plants a little rest each day. :high-five:

Wonder if playing some mozart to them each day would help?

IMG_24946.jpg

I hear they did an actual test once. I dont know who they are lol but I seen it on a gardening program. Apparently if your putting music on for your plants they respond best to the heaviest loudest bassiest crap you can find:thumb:

I hear they did an actual test once. I dont know who they are lol but I seen it on a gardening program. Apparently if your putting music on for your plants they respond best to the heaviest loudest bassiest crap you can find:thumb:

SWEET GONNA PUT BLOODY SABBATH ON A LOOP NOW:):party:

SWEET GONNA PUT BLOODY SABBATH ON A LOOP NOW:):party:

In that case, hope they like Tool! :theband:

The hempy bottle is kicking the straight cocos ass! :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_24957.jpg

going to have to start drinking pop again so I can try that:) oh yeah I like your hunter s thompson tag at the bottom great book!:thumb:

going to have to start drinking pop again so I can try that:) oh yeah I like your hunter s thompson tag at the bottom great book!:thumb:

Cheers!

Drink diet pop, I do. Im man enough to admit it. :bigblush:

Im ashamed to admit I haven't read it, I just find the movie better each time I watch it. I'm going to buy and read that book, but I need to get through a Christopher Hitchens and a Stephen King and a George R R Martin first, so it might be a while.

Got a new toy :woohoo:

Temporarily set up atm, gonna move it later, but setting it up twice is twice as much fun right? :thumb:

IMG_24985.jpg
IMG_250111.jpg
IMG_25007.jpg
IMG_24998.jpg
IMG_250211.jpg
IMG_25035.jpg
IMG_25048.jpg
IMG_250510.jpg

Time for an update.

I decided to abandon the closet for several reasons:

1 I wanted to move the grow into another room and this provided opportunity to change the setup
2 The noise of the fan at night
3 I was over it

So I got myself a tent and got it set up how I want it, filter at the top to take out the warm air that has risen, then down through the cool tube and out the side. I got some chain to hold up the light as well.

Temps are really good, 65-70, although today was a little bit cold but still much cooler than the closet.

I have started pruning the hempy, pics and questions on that are below.

IMG_25069.jpg
IMG_25085.jpg
IMG_25076.jpg

These are two very high quality, cutting edge, state of the art, highly sought after seeds known as Solanum lycopersicum 'Roma'. In other words, tomatos. :rofl: Im experimenting with the germination technique, and growing food at the same time.

IMG_25095.jpg

Plants are droopy due to massive watering I gave them.

IMG_25107.jpg
IMG_25114.jpg
IMG_25124.jpg

Ok I have started chopping out the side branches that grow out of the top of the branch with the fan. Reading some stuff by donpaul, Bigpappa1983, FishCake and others who have done this and looked at pictures so I hope I am doing this right.

IMG_25138.jpg

:hmmmm:

Also as the air is sucked into the filter at the top, and comes into the tent low on each side, I can see the plants leaves moving gently as the air moves past them. Does this mean I have enough air movement in there and dont need a fan?

Looking good negativeions,
+Rep on new setup man! As for a fan I would still get one, the plants may be moving a bit but not enough when they grow in size and have buds formed. You need good airflow during flower to stop mould and other diseases. They will also benefit from better airflow.

Also I would wait until the side branches have at least 2 sets of leaves before topping them or it will just slow thing down at this stage. With the new size of tent you could veg the 4 out wait till they decent size, take cuttings off them once you know they female and fill the rest of the space with some 2L hempys and flower them all out together. Just an Idea. :goodjob:

nice setup bro agreed aboutthe fan as jbc stated:) I'am not sure but it looks like you trimmed the opposite of what you should have. maybe I'am not looking at it right, but you want all the inner branches to grow and take the big leaves off on the outer. that will makethe nodes tighter together giving you more bud sites and less stem. I grow tomatos and peppers in my grow area all the time, I just put them outside during the summer then bring them in before i get frost. I have a tai bird chilli pepper
DSC014623.JPG
thats going on 3years old

Looking good negativeions,
+Rep on new setup man! As for a fan I would still get one, the plants may be moving a bit but not enough when they grow in size and have buds formed. You need good airflow during flower to stop mould and other diseases. They will also benefit from better airflow.

Also I would wait until the side branches have at least 2 sets of leaves before topping them or it will just slow thing down at this stage. With the new size of tent you could veg the 4 out wait till they decent size, take cuttings off them once you know they female and fill the rest of the space with some 2L hempys and flower them all out together. Just an Idea. :goodjob:

Thanks mate! Ok I will get a fan.

Its a bloody brilliant idea, but I have restrictions on the number of plants.... :shhh:

nice setup bro agreed aboutthe fan as jbc stated:) I'am not sure but it looks like you trimmed the opposite of what you should have. maybe I'am not looking at it right, but you want all the inner branches to grow and take the big leaves off on the outer. that will makethe nodes tighter together giving you more bud sites and less stem. I grow tomatos and peppers in my grow area all the time, I just put them outside during the summer then bring them in before i get frost. I have a tai bird chilli pepper
DSC014623.JPG
thats going on 3years old

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO are you serious? Dammit, will they grow back? :oops::thedoubletake:

Love the chilli!

PS I am currently going through the five stages of grief:

denial - nah I cant have cut the wrong bl**dy branch off!

anger - Damnation, I cut the wrong bl**dy branch off!

bargaining - you want to swap plants?

depression - I think I will quit growing

acceptance - Im not at this stage yet, I think Im experiencing stages 1-4 simultaneously

it aint no big deal bro you just did what is called lolipoping:) its still going to grow its just gonna look more like a tree:thumb: besides mistakes make for wisdom:) thanx for the pepper coment:morenutes:let her grow out for awhile you will do fine

Back
Top Bottom