Knockout's First Ever Grow

Howdy KO, interesting question that as I've seen 3-9 fingered leaves on my OGK , and she's due for harvest May 5, so getting the parental flutters in the stomach......lol
Happy to meet ya youngest addition, gonna have to squeeze max opportunity out your space but I got confidence in you with @Katins @Bonsaiweed watching ya back.....
@Bonsaiweed, I've seen you in every journal I've visited the last 2 days, where are you buddy...? I think I'm on your edibles thread will pop in their just now.....:popcorn:

Are you chasing me around???

I get around a lot. I'm a thread whore.

My frequency of the forum is getting ready to decrease significantly. I have a new building, and moving equipment will begin shortly. I also think the weather is starting to change to allow me to get my growing space ready for my next try.

I have a new adventure I'm going to start soon with the newly added space, so that may take some time as well.

Just another swing of the karma pendulum ....

Top o the morning to ya KO, I trust it's going to be a super day for ya.....
@Bonsaiweed, not chasing me thinks rather the fine company we keep. I think I'm more excited than you are for your next grow.The best thing bout karma is she favors those who have been put upon buddy, and pity the fool who trespasses on karmas good nature.....

:high-five::thanks:

Good Morning everybody and welcome to another addition of the Knockout show. :p

Today is day 27 above ground for the old gals.

full

full

Lyanna

Wow that girl is impressive!!! Every time i open the cupboard she is a pleasant surprise. The growth is visible on a daily basis, especially today following a feeding, it is almost scary. She is filling in all empty air space nicely and i will have to do minor bending to have her completely level.
So yesterday her pot weighted a hair under 2kgs, a weight she has never reached before. The driest i have ever seen her was 2.1kgs. She has drank a lot the day before so i had to water her. I also forgot she has only had 1 other watering without nutes and i was supposed to just water her again. So i gave her 1.3lts of water with nutes yesterday which brought her weight up to 3.3kgs.
Today she weighs 2625gr. She drank 600ml of water in a day!! That is double her usual amount and double what Melissa is drinking at this point.

full

full

Melissa

She is doing ok and growing nicely. Nothing compared to Lyanna, but still ok. She is growing by the day as well and filling up her pot nicely. Maybe she will pick up the speed after the next feeding round which should not be later than a couple of days. Initially i was afraid that all stress might have finally caught up to her but it turns out she is growing as she should. It was just the comparison with Lyanna that made me think she was not.
She weighs 1325gr today, so if she drinks her regular amount of ~300ml she will have a feeding tomorrow.

full

full

Rebecca

and finally the newest addition of the group is growing like she should under her pretty little dome. Not much to report for her.

@Bonsaiweed i would loooove to read a journal with your new setup/building. It sounds like you will have a bomb of a setup!

The new setup isn't about growing, it's more of a YouTube thing that has NOTHING to do with cannabis at all. A truly new project, that I've been working on for some time.

I'm trying to get back to my grow space updates, but there is a lot going on in life right now. I will get back to it, just have to jump some hurdles.

Top o the morning to ya KO, I trust it's going to be a super day for ya.....
@Bonsaiweed, not chasing me thinks rather the fine company we keep. I think I'm more excited than you are for your next grow.The best thing bout karma is she favors those who have been put upon buddy, and pity the fool who trespasses on karmas good nature.....

:high-five::thanks:

I poked karma with a stick a lot in the past, so I know when the bad pendulum action comes, I'm due. I also know that pendulum can't stop, so it must at least swing towards the good some.

I do think we tend to keep the same great company...... I mostly watch and creep around. I don't always respond in journals.

hiya to you too Smeegol. You can actually see juniors situation on the latest update. The 3rd set of leaves has just started developing.

Looking real good for a newbie. Wanting all that feeding means that those roots have exploded and have set in. Now make sure you don't let her dry out as much.

Is that a thing? Should i water a lot sooner now and not let them dry out? I mean it makes perfect sense since the drying out thing is for the roots to develop and this cant be happening for ever. I just have never heard of that before.
@Smeegol @Bonsaiweed thoughts?

Is that a thing? Should i water a lot sooner now and not let them dry out? I mean it makes perfect sense since the drying out thing is for the roots to develop and this cant be happening for ever. I just have never heard of that before.
@Smeegol @Bonsaiweed thoughts?
@Derbybud is more experienced than I about growing.....

Howdy KO, wish ya could see the sunrise this morning and the sunset in the evenings, really special come winter time... But I would also defer to Derby's knowledge, as he is more experienced and I don't want this to be a case of the blind leading the blind...... but you are doing a sterling job so far....:goodjob:
Derby grows in coco so all others should be considered. I just think in any media if she's drinking feed her. She has her feet set now feed her. My 2 cents only

Well i will be sticking with soil for the foreseeable future. I just can't handle watering everyday right now. Maybe in the future, if i do the automated arduino system i am dreaming about, i will give other mediums a try.
Right now both girls are drinking like they have been in Sahara desert! As far as i can tell i will have to water every other day which is still a lot for me considering i was planing on have 1 week trips once the summer hits over here.

Small update coming up. It will be a pictureless one since i did not have time to snap pictures this morning.

So today is day 28 above ground for the old girls and day 6 above ground for Rebecca.

Today i watered both Lyanna and Melissa since that were very close to their "bone dry" weights.

Lyanna
2100gr ---> watered with 1lt plain water --> 3100gr
Melissa
1200gr ---> watered with 700ml water with nutes ---> 1900gr

Both girls have shown growth since yesterday but boy did Lyanna seem happy with last round's nutes. She is about to hug the CFLs with her leaves!! I will need to lower her soon.
I do have a concern though. None of the girls show any signs of flowering, there is no single white hair to be found anywhere. I thought autos were supposed to start showing flowering signs after 3 weeks. I have already finished week 4 and there is no pistil in sight. :(
Should i be concerned?
The only thing i do see is stipules. There are a lot of them all over both the girls but those are considered signs of pre-flowering as far as i know.

Rebecca is going steady, come tomorrow she will be weighted every morning alongside the other girls to determine the moment she needs to be watered for the first time.

Hiya KO, autos are a funny bunch hey, I've tried 4 runs with them, the 1st 2 I hung my head in despair as they flowered from the word go almost. The 2 that are flowering at the moment have been in flower bout 6 weeks now and never amounted to much the 1st cpl weeks but now you wouldn't think they the same plants.

A cpl guys ove on the Jack Herer Tribute grow were/are discussing a opinion that autos switch into flower once the root finds the bottom of your pot. I think there's truth to that opinion in my 2nd round with autos as they jumped overnight.

With your 1st 2 girls you concentrated on spreading the roots, and the main tap hasn't hit bottom maby....?? But oh boy I think you might be in for a surprise mr.K if there's truth in that, imagine dbl-trouble just went triple......:hmmmm: but you'll be fine, just have to adjust your lst work, get the girls to work with your space, not against it.......:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom