Knockout's First Ever Grow

Yeah, that pump was what I had in mind. Just put a 1/2" hose barb in the hole instead of the fountain head and run tubing from it. You can plug the end and run 1/4" tubing off it, like a basic drip system.

I know there was no reason for me to do so, but i had an itch. Add the excitement from the current grow flowering plus an abundance of pocket money plus a discount code from Sensi-Seeds aaaaaand my next grow(s) is here!!!

Let me add here how much i like Sensi up until now. First of all the service is great and the customer support even better. They lack in variety compared to some other companies, but i recently found out why. They ONLY sell F1 stable hybrids which is not true for all other companies with huge seed selections. For those that don't know what an F1 hybrid is i suggest you give it a read. In short:
F1 hybrids will have much less variation between phenotypes, meaning all seeds will be within a given range of attributes and not fluxuating much. This gives predictability to your grow and thus an ability to plan base on what you should expect. I know i have seen people in this forum buy seeds that produced vastly different phenos and i can now see why. All that given for some people might actually be fan/exciting to experiment with phenos so they want and actively seek that. I am not judging, i just need to know the pheno will be within certain limits since my space is so limited and it would be a disaster otherwise

Given i can only grow 2 seeds at a time if they are short enough and given that the 3 sativa seeds i just bought are probably going to take up the whole box on their own (LST ftw) these babies should last me for year(s) to come.

P.S. Lets just say that despite all of the above i am sure i will be buying seeds again this time next year :D

Day 20 above ground

Today's update is going to be a long one!

First of all i would like to state that regarding Melissa i considered this to be the most crucial day. After everything i read it is my understanding that the plants image after 48hours will represent how much the stress affected her. So opening up the Box today was a big deal. OH MY GOD THE RESULT!!

full

full

Lyanna

full

full

Melissa

She survived!!!! She more than survived actually, she does not seem to be affected much. Other than 2 leaves being a bit droopy and another being completely dried out she does not seem to express any signs of stress. She even put on some serious growth during the last 2 days.

full

All we lost from Melissa's accident

So we are back on track baby!! Now i wanted to started training them both but dare not touch Melissa just yet. So i would be training Lyanna as long as the 2 new grwth tips have developed enough.
full

and as you can see from this pick they have developed more than enough! (sorry it is on the side again. could not fix it :( )

So i did LST on Lyanna, i bended branches down (veeeeery carefully this time) and did some minor defoliatinf of the huge fan leaves that block light from bud sites. Here are the end results
full

full

as you can see much more of the new growth is having access to light now!! Let's hope i did everything right and she will grow bigger now. It was also a very happy coinsidence that the lower branch facing the open space in the pot (Lyanna was not planted to the center of the pot but rather a bit to the side) has gotten pretty huge! I will use this branch to cover most of the open space area!!

full

The amount of defoliation i did! i removed only 4 fan leaves and each one of them was blocking lower growth sites.

I also weighted the pots and Lyanna has had a bit more way to go untill she dries up. However Melissa was already there, which is very understandable since they are both almost the same size but Melissa is in a considerably smaller pot thus receiving less water.

Lyanna 2625gr
Melissa 1200gr --> watered untill runoff. This took 1lt of water. 2200gr after watering.

It turns out that i did have to bite the bullet and water at different times, it would not have worked otherwise. Also, although they both took nutes veeeery well i will not be giving them every watering. i want them to rest a bit between feedings, so it was just plain water this time

Last but not least after almost 40hours in the water the new seed had broken open and a tip of the taproot was showing. I transffered the seed into a wet paper towel between two plates that i then proceeded to add inside the grow space so it is kept warm.

All in all everything is great... no... everything is GRRRRRREAT in my world. :D:D:D
Nice Lst'ing ! I'm always afraid when touching my girls as it's my first grow : ) Feel free to check my journal bro Cultivator Disciple - Coco - Barney's Blue Cheese

@Cultivator Disciple Well thanks on your good words but my LST was far from perfect. I actually broke off branches on both my girls while i was LSTing them. This is the reason i have 3 girls instead of the 2 i started with. I was so afraid that i had just killed my little girl when this first happened that my first reaction was to throw another seed in water. It turns out all you have to do is have some scotch tape handy and tape the thing back together immediately. They will not even notice something bad has happened.
I am still in the process of reading your journal so i do not know if you have actually LSTed at this point, but if you haven't, i highly suggest that you do. You will learn a couple of things and it will be a great asset towards managing your plants and space. It yields better results as well. In the rare case that you actually manage to kill or seriously shock one of your girls, it shouldn't be much of a problem for you since you seem to have 5 of them in total so your end product will still be enough for you to medicate on for some time.

@Cultivator Disciple Well thanks on your good words but my LST was far from perfect. I actually broke off branches on both my girls while i was LSTing them. This is the reason i have 3 girls instead of the 2 i started with. I was so afraid that i had just killed my little girl when this first happened that my first reaction was to throw another seed in water. It turns out all you have to do is have some scotch tape handy and tape the thing back together immediately. They will not even notice something bad has happened.
I am still in the process of reading your journal so i do not know if you have actually LSTed at this point, but if you haven't, i highly suggest that you do. You will learn a couple of things and it will be a great asset towards managing your plants and space. It yields better results as well. In the rare case that you actually manage to kill or seriously shock one of your girls, it shouldn't be much of a problem for you since you seem to have 5 of them in total so your end product will still be enough for you to medicate on for some time.

Great message ! And sorry to hear about your gone girls : ( I am really lucky to have @Cultivator helping me out throughout my grow. He's a freaking genius / encyclopedia to himself. If you need good info that will better your grows you should read his journals.

I have already read a couple of his to be honest. But he is mainly growing in CoCo and i am growing in soil with very little nutes so most of his advice is not applicable to me.

Also, i think you missread my entry. I have lost zero girls mate :) . I have had a couple of accidents that were fixed pretty damn easily. I am not sure what sentence confused you but please let me know so i can re-write it maybe. :D

@Smeegol i feel like you are the little red devil on my shoulder whispering unpure thoughts into my ear. "Goooo, go plant them all right now! You will rip the rewards in a couple of months and you will be drowning in good bud"
I am afraid i will have to listen to the small blonde angel on my other shoulder instead. "You have no more room to plant the newly purchased seeds. Eagerness is a sign of dark thoughts. Do not give in to such thoughts. You can't make another box because the operation will not be stealthy enough. Be patient, the time will come young padawan where you will grow them into mighty bushy plants!"
Heey look at that! It turns out it was a small Jedai instead! They both wear white robes so i got confused a little, ahahahaha :D

Daaaaamn i must still be medicated from last night :p

Hello everybody!!

Another update coming in.
Today is day 42 for the old girls and day 20 for Rebecca.

Before i get into the update i will like to tell you that i have somewhat bad news and good news.
Good news first. The business trip has been postponed for a couple of months at least, so i will be able to ride Melissa and Lyanna until harvest with no problems.
And the somewhat bad news. I have heat/light burned a top of Lyanna's because she grew an inch within a single night and she was touching, actually TOUCHING, the light bulb until i got to open the box after ~6 hours. Now that is, strictly speaking, not a bad thing altogether. It shows that she is healthy and growing rapidly as we would like for her to do, but the time has come that she is so big the box will not fit her anymore!

Here are a couple of photos as proof

and here is the burned top

The top has got a pretty good burn. Half the leaves are destroyed and some pistil hair were burned as well. that does not mean that the bud is destroyed though, I think it will make it through unscathed for the most part and produce some good weed.

Lyanna in all her glory

And Melissa

She was a bit dehydrated the moment i opened the box today but after watering she perked up again

And the baby girl Rebecca

Topping went extremely well with her. The new growth is fresh green and healthy.

Now i do understand that since Lyanna and Melissa have grown that much they are blocking some of Rebecca's light but i will not be doing anything to fix that. That is mainly for 2 reasons: 1) i am not sure i can do anything 2) this grow was supposed to be all about the 2 old girls. Rebecca is here by accident, so i will keep the focus on the other 2 girls and their bud production. Once they are harvested my focus will swift on Rebecca and try to go from there. If at any point i feel like Rebecca's presence is causing troubles to the grow i will pull the plug on her. I am sorry girl, i do love you, but priorities are priorities.

The weigh ins and watering for the last few days was as follows:
Lyanna
9/5 2000gr watered with 1lt of plain water
10/5 2000gr watered with 1lt of plain water, AGAIN!
11/5 2400gr decided to forfeit watering her today

Melissa
9/5 1200gr watered with 650ml plain water
10/5 1300gr decided to forfeit watering
11/5 1000gr watered with 800 ml plain water

Rebecca
I still cant weigh Rebecca at all. She has more soil in her pot than Lyanna because i wanted the new seedling to be much more over the pot edge than lyanna was so i can manage it better. That pushed her over the 2.8kg limit of my scale though so i can have no measurements of her yet. I ordered a new digital scale which will arrive Monday so i can have more precise readings on all the girls plus Rebecca.
Her soil is still damp, she is not drinking much at this stage so i only watered her with 200ml of water yesterday.

Hello everyone!

First of all i would like to tell everyone how sorry i am that i stopped posting in this grow journal. I feel so bad to let this wonderful community down without any updates. That being said, i was having some really personal problems inside my family and i did not have the courage/strength to spend the time to update this journal.

I would like to inform everyone that the grow ended up being above average and i was pretty happy with myself. I ended up burning the best colas of the first 2 girls because they kept growing upwards and started touching the light bulbs. But even like that i ended up getting around 40gr of dried product from all 3 of them.

Only recently i run out of product (and i must add that the medication really helped with my family situation). I have started a grow about a month ago (which has some serious problems, check it out here: Deficiency or pH?). Given that the current grow is pretty far along i would not want to start a journal for it now, but i will do my best to try a new one for my next grow.

All in all thanks for the awesome support everyone and again, sorry for letting all of you down.

Back
Top Bottom