full

Lyanna

full

full

Melissa

full

full

Rebecca

Lyanna is insane!!! This morning she has drunk almost all the water i gave her yesterday. To be precise she seems to have drunk 850ml out of the 1lt i gave her. She was close to her dry weight again and in light of not letting her dry out as much nowadays, i watered her again... This was the 2nd day in a row... i never expected this to happen. And Melissa seems to not be far away from the day she will need back-to-back waterings as well

Lyanna
2250gr ---> 1lt plain water ---> 3250gr
Melissa
1400gr
Rebecca
>2800gr (well over being dry. it seems she will take some time before being watered)

You are doing great, and the plants show it.....you have the knack!!!!:thumb:

Good morning everyone! Update coming in.

Today is day 31 above ground for the old girls and day 9 above ground for Rebecca

Here is a group shot to see what my box looks like:
full
It is definately crowed in there. Because there are 3 girls in there i can only LST pointing towards the depth of the box and not the width because that would actually eat up space form another plant. so my ideal configuration will be with 2 girls in the 1.3 gallon pots going forward. It is good to know :)

full

full

Lyanna

Lyanna is the star of the group so far, but i may have overdone it a bit. You may have noticed some burned tips on her.
full

It looks awfully lot like nute burn, but it only appeared on the highest branch, so it might be light stress. This could be the case since that higher branch almost touched the bulbs before i brought Lyanna down a bit. At that point i am not sure which of the 2 is it but i will monitor closely to see if it appears on any other branches. The bad thing is that i only noticed this AFTER i fed her nutes today as well. :( If i see any more of it and on lower branches i will flush her, otherwise we will ride it out.

full

full

Melissa

She is a bit slow in growing so the stem split may have shocked her more than i initially thought, then again it could be the smaller pot. All in all she is doing ok and nothing much to report

full

full

Rebecca

and the baby of the group. Right not track, nothing to report

The results of the weigh in today were as follows:
Lyanna
2000gr ---watered 1lt (with nutes unfortunately) ---> 3000gr
Melissa
1000gr ---watered 800ml (no nutes, this was after i noticed Lyanna's burn so i am being cautious with her)

Hello everyone

Today i am going to do a smaller update since i did not have time to do a proper photoshoot.
Day 32 above ground and day 10 above ground.

This is how the group is today. Everything keeps going as normal with a slight difference. The old girls seem to have stopped consuming water in the crazy rythm that they did last few days. They still drink more than they used to but they dont need watering every day.

To be precise that was the weigh in today:
Lyanna --> 2400gr
Melissa --> 1700gr

i skipped watering them both. I also noticed that since the water is not absorbed as fast my average RH in the box went up my 5%.

Everything seems to be right on track and healthy. There is a huge concern for me though, the fact that flowering has not started full-on yet. I have only spotted some white hair on Melissa and none on Lyanna. I thought autos are supposed to do that by week 3 and mine are older than a month already. Should i do something?

Autos can start to flower usually between 21-35 days but because of different things like stress, environment, can bring on a longer flowering time. Has anything change in the environment? They look happy and should keep pushing forward.

Hello Derby.
No nothing has changed in the environment. The average RH went up because i have 3 damp pots in there now instead of 2 and the plants are more bushy now which helps preserve RH. Other than that nothing else.

Ok now for the serious stuff. I really need help with something. I was just informed that i will be leaving for a week long business trip in 2 weeks from now. I need advice on what to do with my girls while i am gone. So far i have asked around and search the web and ended up on the old "upside down bottle in the pot". I honestly already new about that from my grandmother who was a farmer in her days but i am not sure it will last a week. Right now the girls drink almost a litter (Lyanna) and half a litter (Melissa) per day. That would mean i would need a 6lt bottle assuming i water the day i leave. This is not really feasible though.
Last resort would be telling my roommate but i really really want to avoid that if i can

Any help is appreciated greatly boys! (and girls of course :) )

Maybe start trying some 2 liter bottles upside down (like grandma) until you leave. Maybe 2 per pot. If it's a work week is it 5 or 6 days? I think you might have a chance to get thru the week. Or you might want to try a bigger bucket with 2 taps off it feeding both plants

The bottle trick does work but you are right, fitting them in the pots will be difficult, especially one large enough for a six day trip. Maybe you can run tubing from a bucket to your plants, powered by a small aquarium pump. You can put the pump on a timer and experiment for how long to run it per day.

Hello everybody, another update coming in.

Today is day 35 for Melissa/Lyanna and day 13 for Rebecca.

Here is today's group shot. Lyanna might seem smaller than the previous group photo but she is just lowered compared to last time, so do not let that fool you.

Lyanna

She is continuing to grow albeit at a slower rate than she did last week. She has also started showing white pistils here and there (about time!!). Photo proof coming up!!

Pistils are still very small and scarce but since it started i guess it will pick up in the coming days. I also plan on feeding them both with flower nutes tomorrow which will hopefully help.

Melissa

She seems to have picked up a bit of speed and does her best to keep up with Lyanna, but the smaller pot certainly does not help. All in all she is very healthy though. She will receive flower nutes as well tomorrow

Rebecca

and finally the baby girl of the group. She is right on track as always. Mind you it has been 13 days since she first showed above ground and i have yet to properly water her. She has only, twice, received the leftover water from the watering of the other 2 girls. I think/hope i will properly water her once before i leave for my business trip the week after the next one.

The weigh in for girls was as follows:
Lyanna
2300gr ----> Since she was a bit over her "dry" weight and given the fact that i have been watering her for 3 days straight, i decided she will rest today so i only gave her about 200ml of water which were leftovers from Melissa's watering
Melissa
1000gr ---> Watered with 800ml plain water with no nutes

All in all the group is doing mighty OK and i could not have been any happier. The only problem right now is the coming up trip that will result in my absence for 6 days. I have still to figure out a way to water them while i am gone. I plan on visiting local grow shops today in search for a solution so wish me luck guys :) . I will keep you posted as soon as i decide what to do with them while i am gone.

Howdy mr.K, I can't recall where your cupboard is but if you not wanting your roommate to know I assume it's in your room and you can lock it. If that's the case why not have a reservoir above your box that can feed all 3 on a cycle....?

Ok I went back and it's in your room and you can lock it, so go for a biggish reservoir........hope it helps...

Hello original ring-bearer!

You actually discribed the solution i had in my mind. I was thinking of something very very similar. Only problem being that the room doors do not actually lock :S
Now i could go fix that but i am afraid it will do more harm than good. My roomate asked me last week what is in the new furniture below the tv. If i suddenly go fix my door just so i can lock it, a week after he asked me, he will be "alarmed".
So i will probably go for as big a reservoir as i can find and hide it on the backside of the grow box. (There is a relatively big compartment on the backside of the growbox where all the electronics/mechanisms are hidden)

Given that the reservoir will not be above the pots i will also need a water pump plus timer, so it will be slightly more complicated.
I am not sure who suggested the fish-tank water-pump here first but it sure as hell is a good idea. :)

Hello everybody.

I still have to find a way to water the plants while i am going. I spent a lot of time on market research for that and i did not have the proper time to post. I have visited some grow shops and even pets stores to find a small water pump but i could not find anything. Today though it hit me that "Walmart" might have something like what i need. (P.S. not actually a Walmart but a Walmart-like shop)

Sooooo here it comes. Day day 38 for the old girls and day 16 for Rebecca

It is getting reaaaaly tight in there now that Rebecca is in there with the other girls. What really worries me is that the 6 days i will be gone are the days that Rebecca will be growing a lot. This will mean that without a person to manage the foliage somebody is going to get light-strangled.

The good news is that both of the old girls are in full-on flower mode now. They have started forming buds all over the place. Here is an example from each of the girls

The day i come back from the trip and open up the box is going to be a thrilling moment for me :) :) <3

On other news Rebecca got topped yesterday on her 5th node. Photo proof coming up

Also the weigh-ins and watering schedule for the girls the past few day is as follows:

Lyanna
5/5 1900gr --watered with 1lt water with flower nutes ---> 2900gr
7/5 2000gr --watered with 1lt plain water ---> 3000gr

Melissa
5/5 1200gr --watered with 700ml with flower nutes ---> 1900gr
7/5 1200gr --watered with 650ml plain water ---> 1850gr

Rebecca
7/5 watered with ~300ml plain water

Your grow is just rolling along with few problems......:thumb:

good evening mr.K, another solution presents itself ( which I hope you can make it work ) is the 2 upper inner corners could you not support 2 large gallon bottles and attach a tap of sorts with a drip regulator on a timer to go every however often you need it to, times a ticking......lol

@Vanstank has something like that in his tent his big girls by hand though..... Hope that helps.....:high-five:

there is simply no room inside the box for anything like that. i will have to keep the reservoir on top of the box and use a pump of some sort to get the water where i need to. The tubes will have to run through the holes on the back i have for air intakes/exhausts.
The only problem is i can not, for the life of me, find an appropriate pump. I am now thinking of something like this:

61AsRhG-nsL._AC_SL1080_.jpg

HydroSpike HS-300 (3-Pack) Worry-Free Automatic Plant Watering Devices Kit

But instead of hooking those up with bottles (as they are designed to) i will hook them up to the tunes coming from outside the box

Hiya mr.K, yup that actually looks spot on to be fair and would work nicely too....:goodjob:
Ok that is really a great idea, and I'm sure you live state side, so surely wamart any box store will have pet section or Aqua section selling air pumps/submersible pump that will pump your your food to plant from reservoir outside to plant ...... I got one, hold on ill go take a pic, stupid Smeegols.....:laugh:

View media item 1542304So silly Smeegols purchased this last year wanting to make a bubbler bucket, but instead of air it pushes water....:rofl: it pushes 400lt an hour, so me thinks you could work out a watering schedule on 24 hr timer.....clever smeegol maby......???!:rofl: And I've consumed 2 edibles shortbread biscuits bout 2 hrs ago and they are dynamite so I'm dying o laughter back here right now

Back
Top Bottom