Knockout's First Ever Grow

Hello everybody and good morn.... erhm... afternoon really!
Todays update is coming a bit late because i left in quite a hurry for the office in the morning.

So here it is.
full

full

Lyanna

full

full

Melissa

Both girls were weighted and they came in their "dry" weights so i decided to water them both. Today was also the 1st time in their lives they got fed nutes!!
Lyanna
2300gr --watered 1lt--> 3300gr? (still have no scale that goes over 2.8kgs, sorry!!)

Melissa
1200gr --watered 400ml--> 1600gr

i was going to feed them 1/8 nutes today and up the dosage from there but the nutes i got are not very specific with the dosage. Specifically they say "2-4 spoonfuls every 10lt of water". I tried to go with the lower end and added ~1/4 of spoonful per liter. I sure hope i did not overdid it :( .

Since i did not have the time to LST yet i will give them a couple of days to see how they react to the nutes and then try to do it. I would not want to throw a lot of things at them at once.

And now some news. First the good ones.
Lyanna seems to be taking topping in a stride. Here is a closeup of the growth tips that hopefully will become main stems
full

Sorry the picture is on the side, i could not get it to rotate properly... P.S. in the picture you can also see the cotelydons starting to yellow, i guess since their job is long done it is time for them to go finally. Rest in peace soldiers :D

And the bad news are that i found a couple of leaves on Melissa with mild discoloration.
full

The leaves are on the 1st and 2nd node and the new growth seems greener. That and the fact that the plant seems overall healthy and growing has me reassured that it is nothing so bad that needs actions on my part.

Wow....they are GREEN!!!!

Don't know if it's your camera or the contrast with the pot....those girls look good.

You are on rails to have some great results....

Day 18 above ground

Today i fucked up

full

full

Lyanna

full

full

Melissa

As you can see Melissa is in terrible shape. And as you can see from the piece of string on her pot, i tried to LST her. :( :(
If you add 1+1 together you understand what went wrong.

full

I freakin broke her stem off :( :( :( :( :(
I can't believe how stupid i am. She broke in half so easily. Did i try to do it too early? or did i just overdid it?
I am devastated right now. I wanted to have 3 girls and after some bad luck and some freakin errors from me i am left with only 1. To compensate i just dropped another seed in water. I am going to at least have 2 girls if Melissa does not make it. I know things look grim for her, being an auto and all, but i will not just throw her out already. I will try to have her at least finish no matter how she looks when she does.

Day 18 above ground

Today i fucked up

full

full

Lyanna

full

full

Melissa

As you can see Melissa is in terrible shape. And as you can see from the piece of string on her pot, i tried to LST her. :(:(

full

I freakin broke her stem off :(:(:(:(:(
I can't believe how stupid i am. She broke in half so easily. Did i try to do it too early? or did i just overdid it?
I am devastated right now. I wanted to have 3 girls and after some bad luck and some freakin errors from me i am left with only 1. To compensate i just dropped another seed in water. I am going to at least have 2 girls if Melissa does not make it. I know things look grim for her, being an auto and all, but i will not just throw her out already. I will try to have her at least finish no matter how she looks when she does.
Do you have any root simulator? If so mix up a little paste and put some on there and tape it up. If not just tape it up. It should make it. Try not to use string as it can cut into the plant. Use something soft and pliable like pipe cleaners. Make smaller moves over a few days as to not stress the plant. Don't worry your not the first person to rip a plant apart and if you tape it together soon enough you won't be able to tell in a week

i tapped it together 4 minutes after the incident happened. You can even see the taping in the picture.
I can't tape it any tighter than that sadly because the plant is very small and bushy. There is not much space to work with.
I know marijuana plants can recover from that kind of accidents but my girls are autos and the shock will be probably mean that she wields very little if she makes it through. Well i understand why you have to bend it little by little and not all at once. I think i tried to go for a 100 degree angle all at once. Silly me...

Thanks for your kind words. I sure hope she will make it. Just to be sure though i am germinating another seed.

As long as it doesn't dry out, and in 4 min. You should be ok, the plant will recover. It looks very healthy so it'll still produce. Just go easy. That's why you need to work on them damn near every day.

Day 18 above ground

Today i fucked up

full

full

Lyanna

full

full

Melissa

As you can see Melissa is in terrible shape. And as you can see from the piece of string on her pot, i tried to LST her. :(:(

full

I freakin broke her stem off :(:(:(:(:(

I try to start LST right after a feeding/watering 12-24 hours. The plant seems to be more pliable. I may be full of it though.

I've read the older the plant the less flexible the stem tends to be. I will slowly flex the stem a bunch and gradually get the flex further and further until I get her flexed to the point I want her. I flex her from upright down towards the spot I want her. I always use the tips of my fingers, because you need a delicate tactile feel of how much pressure it is taking. This doesn't mean you will not break her stem, but you will learn how much pressure you can apply.

Any kind of silicate additive will make her rigid and brittle.

I think she will be fine....if you taped her up quickly, she will have a knot there, and go on growing. You will know in 24-36 hours usually.

All of this is just my opinion.

EDIT: Whoops......Derby had covered some of that.....didn't see the post.

Day 20 above ground

Today's update is going to be a long one!

First of all i would like to state that regarding Melissa i considered this to be the most crucial day. After everything i read it is my understanding that the plants image after 48hours will represent how much the stress affected her. So opening up the Box today was a big deal. OH MY GOD THE RESULT!!

full

full

Lyanna

full

full

Melissa

She survived!!!! She more than survived actually, she does not seem to be affected much. Other than 2 leaves being a bit droopy and another being completely dried out she does not seem to express any signs of stress. She even put on some serious growth during the last 2 days.

full

All we lost from Melissa's accident

So we are back on track baby!! Now i wanted to started training them both but dare not touch Melissa just yet. So i would be training Lyanna as long as the 2 new grwth tips have developed enough.
full

and as you can see from this pick they have developed more than enough! (sorry it is on the side again. could not fix it :( )

So i did LST on Lyanna, i bended branches down (veeeeery carefully this time) and did some minor defoliatinf of the huge fan leaves that block light from bud sites. Here are the end results
full

full

as you can see much more of the new growth is having access to light now!! Let's hope i did everything right and she will grow bigger now. It was also a very happy coinsidence that the lower branch facing the open space in the pot (Lyanna was not planted to the center of the pot but rather a bit to the side) has gotten pretty huge! I will use this branch to cover most of the open space area!!

full

The amount of defoliation i did! i removed only 4 fan leaves and each one of them was blocking lower growth sites.

I also weighted the pots and Lyanna has had a bit more way to go untill she dries up. However Melissa was already there, which is very understandable since they are both almost the same size but Melissa is in a considerably smaller pot thus receiving less water.

Lyanna 2625gr
Melissa 1200gr --> watered untill runoff. This took 1lt of water. 2200gr after watering.

It turns out that i did have to bite the bullet and water at different times, it would not have worked otherwise. Also, although they both took nutes veeeery well i will not be giving them every watering. i want them to rest a bit between feedings, so it was just plain water this time

Last but not least after almost 40hours in the water the new seed had broken open and a tip of the taproot was showing. I transffered the seed into a wet paper towel between two plates that i then proceeded to add inside the grow space so it is kept warm.

All in all everything is great... no... everything is GRRRRRREAT in my world. :D:D:D

Day 20 above ground

Today's update is going to be a long one!

First of all i would like to state that regarding Melissa i considered this to be the most crucial day. After everything i read it is my understanding that the plants image after 48hours will represent how much the stress affected her. So opening up the Box today was a big deal. OH MY GOD THE RESULT!!

full

full

Lyanna

full

full

Melissa

She survived!!!! She more than survived actually, she does not seem to be affected much. Other than 2 leaves being a bit droopy and another being completely dried out she does not seem to express any signs of stress. She even put on some serious growth during the last 2 days.

full

All we lost from Melissa's accident

So we are back on track baby!! Now i wanted to started training them both but dare not touch Melissa just yet. So i would be training Lyanna as long as the 2 new grwth tips have developed enough.
full

and as you can see from this pick they have developed more than enough! (sorry it is on the side again. could not fix it :( )

So i did LST on Lyanna, i bended branches down (veeeeery carefully this time) and did some minor defoliatinf of the huge fan leaves that block light from bud sites. Here are the end results
full

full

as you can see much more of the new growth is having access to light now!! Let's hope i did everything right and she will grow bigger now. It was also a very happy coinsidence that the lower branch facing the open space in the pot (Lyanna was not planted to the center of the pot but rather a bit to the side) has gotten pretty huge! I will use this branch to cover most of the open space area!!

full

The amount of defoliation i did! i removed only 4 fan leaves and each one of them was blocking lower growth sites.

I also weighted the pots and Lyanna has had a bit more way to go untill she dries up. However Melissa was already there, which is very understandable since they are both almost the same size but Melissa is in a considerably smaller pot thus receiving less water.

Lyanna 2625gr
Melissa 1200gr --> watered untill runoff. This took 1lt of water. 2200gr after watering.

It turns out that i did have to bite the bullet and water at different times, it would not have worked otherwise. Also, although they both took nutes veeeery well i will not be giving them every watering. i want them to rest a bit between feedings, so it was just plain water this time

Last but not least after almost 40hours in the water the new seed had broken open and a tip of the taproot was showing. I transffered the seed into a wet paper towel between two plates that i then proceeded to add inside the grow space so it is kept warm.

All in all everything is great... no... everything is GRRRRRREAT in my world. :D:D:D
Looking good but you need to feed a little every watering. Not feeding every watering will stress the plant

That is awesome that she is back on track...... :thumb:

You show the excitement in your post..... :cheer:

Looking good but you need to feed a little every watering. Not feeding every watering will stress the plant
Derby, I didn't think you needed to feed every watering in soil

My bad. I've been in too many journals lately. Soil will retain nutes so it's not necessary to feed every watering. Nice catch bonsai. Thanks for the backup
I do the same thing.....I start giving advice for soil, and the member is growing in coco......it's hard to keep track of everything....

That is why I asked....two sets of eyes (or more).....works the best.

No worries... :thumb:

Thanks everybody for the support and good words, i realy appreciate it.

Showing my excitement is why i joined this community. I really want to share this experience and since i can not do so in the "real world" i will definitely do so here :)

That is why we are all here....if we could talk to our neighbor over the fence about all of this it would be great. Maybe in the future. But for now, this is our fence.

Back
Top Bottom