First Grow Indica Under CFLs 2012

its pretty hard going for me, despite popular belief, england still has the belief that if you smoke pot, you must be a criminal who doesnt work and lives of welfare or is in league with gangs and terrorists, selling on their behalf.

when i go to a new job, i have to work twice as hard as my peers just to pre soften their views before i admit i smoke.

the happiest memory i have in life was being able to walk down a busy street in holland wearing a suit and smoking a joint, thats who i am and for once i did not get 'those' looks.

im ashamed of my own countries beliefs =/

its pretty hard going for me, despite popular belief, england still has the belief that if you smoke pot, you must be a criminal who doesnt work and lives of welfare or is in league with gangs and terrorists, selling on their behalf.

Yeah, we have our own prejudices here as well. It use to burn me up to see mj in those anti-drug commercials...Like all smokers just want to sit on their asses, what bullshit. The only time I want to sleep is if I am already tired or taking one before I go to bed. Otherwise, I can get up, go out to scheduled appointments with the greatest of ease and not feel a bit paranoid. Never got paranoid yet. And don't let me go into a cleaning mode, I am listening to music and dancing around the house. I may get the munchies but I don't go straight for junk, I like to cook and come up with great dishes while high..Oops, sorry I went on a mini rant...

That whole growing in the family thing made me think. I do have alot growers in my family, not to mention a few friends too!! And looks like Im making more friends that grow everyday on the 420 site:thumb: Heres too coming from a long line of grows!!!!!!:peace:

:thumb:

I m from a small farm area call Chatham Kent its in Ontario Canada, and I m sure we got those anti-pot people here to but most of the people I know smoke or don t have a problem hanging out with people that do. I know some pot dealers around here that make just as much as the crack dealers do. And deal with a way better clientele base then the crack/coke dealers do

Yeah, I definitely understand what you're saying. But for future reference, it's against forum rules to mention hard drugs. Or the selling of hard drugs. So maybe you should edit this before a moderator sees this. And if you get a chance check out the forum guidelines. The link is in my sig line.

3 days after transplant. all in all i think it was a sucessful transplant starting to see my firsts set of 7 blades :tokin:
006662.JPG
004803.JPG
003864.JPG
002921.JPG
001890.JPG

Nice looking plants and nice pics....:goodjob: Are you using a camera? I have a digital hp camera but my pics never come out this clear or sharp.

loving the journal so far mate, its good to see more cfl growers so we can keep an eye on how these lights actually grow these plants, with my grow i noticed very little stretch in fact at one point they stopped upwards growth and just grew at the lower branches, till they was that bushy i couldnt even see the inside of the plant, had to tie as many leaves back as i could and ended up cutting 2 or 3 off that was stopping the lower branches getting lights, this helped with the lower growth,

hey gigabane, you in UK, me too, its good to see other UK growers on here, we aint criminals just stuck in a country that has got a bull shit government who think cannabis is a class b drug, along side other illegal stuff, its a joke it really is,

yep, im in hampshire. well in berks atm at the in laws, but i live in hamshire, lol.

suprisingly ive had very little trouble with the law for smoking, even tho the police know im a self confessed smoker. the police dont bother me, ok i better rephrase that as it sounds a little like contemp. I am open and proud about my relationship with the herb and when it comes to the authorities i dont really lie about my personal involvement, im willing to face the consequences of my actions...sometimes you just have to make a stand, no matter what it costs.

its the scare tactics used by the government i dislike and the sheep that fall for it look upon US with contempt when really they have no idea just how possible it is for 'our kind' to make the world a better place if they just left us to it.

a good way i found of knowing when a pot needs watering is to always keep a pot with no plant in and dry soil, then when you check the weight of your pots you have something to compare it to, i did this after getting water wrong and over watering so i thought of ways then it hit me, why not fill a pot with dry compost and leave it dry, its makes it all easier for me

you know what i noticed here, the further south you are the less the police care bout this, when i was living on the isle of wight pretty much everyone smoked, even peoples grandparents where smoking and everyone was growing, yep people did get busted but mainly the for profit growers, the average person on the street growing 1 or 2 plants never got bothered, and if you was caught with sum bud on the street then as long as you wasnt with kids or near a load of school kids then they would leave you be, plus the people are friendlier down their. where i am in the midlands its a bit stricter and your before the judge before you know it, so the further south the better, but i was born here and returned, now i keep myself to myself, look after my kids, and i do ok,

looks like the temp and humidity are spot on, when you come to flower you want to try and bring the humidity down to prevent mold creeping on the plants

Nice looking plants and nice pics....:goodjob: Are you using a camera? I have a digital hp camera but my pics never come out this clear or sharp.
:thanks: My camera is samsung 12.2 mega pixels. It has a 4x zoom lens.

you know what i noticed here, the further south you are the less the police care bout this, when i was living on the isle of wight pretty much everyone smoked, even peoples grandparents where smoking and everyone was growing, yep people did get busted but mainly the for profit growers, the average person on the street growing 1 or 2 plants never got bothered, and if you was caught with sum bud on the street then as long as you wasnt with kids or near a load of school kids then they would leave you be, plus the people are friendlier down their. where i am in the midlands its a bit stricter and your before the judge before you know it, so the further south the better, but i was born here and returned, now i keep myself to myself, look after my kids, and i do ok,

looks like the temp and humidity are spot on, when you come to flower you want to try and bring the humidity down to prevent mold creeping on the plants
The good thing about the humidity is i had to add it to get my room up to 50-60 so i can take it away. When did you start to notice pre-flowers?

i gota get myself some leads to my camera, my fone just aint good enough,

the best time i had was on the isle of wight, where im living now its all little idiots going round thinking their gangsters, does my head in,

are you feeding your plants any nutes yet, looks like their going into rapid growth so will need something high in the n range

sounds like you wont have humidity problem, how ever this will raise as the plants get bigger so just keep an eye on it, between 50 n 60 for veg and 20 to 30ish for flower.

as for preflower, it really depends how quick your plants are growing and what lighting schedule your using, for instance if your lights are on 24 hours a day 7 days a week then it will take a lot longer and may not show until you change 12-12, but if you using say 18-6 then it shows a lot sooner, the plant will usually show sex under 18-6 at the 4th or 5th node of growth so if your using 18-6 then it may show around that time,

next time you want seeds can i suggest herbies head shop, they sell seeds from as little as £1.55 each you just look under their pick and mix section and can buy many different strains to keep you going, i ordered off them today and always had great service from them,

Hello growrook. I noticed you talking about getting more lights & not wanting to spend the big bucks. I've never seen anybody mention overdrive t8's or t12's on this site but here it goes. All you have to do is go to the hardware store & get a 4 or 6 tube shop light & buy a second ballast. Take it home & wire it so the ballast built into the fixture runs paralleled to the second one. If you do this right regular t8's will be running at double the wattage & will outshine t5's. My overdrive t8's seem to do a better job than my t5ho's & cost about $50. Hope this helps.

next time you want seeds can i suggest herbies head shop, they sell seeds from as little as £1.55 each you just look under their pick and mix section and can buy many different strains to keep you going, i ordered off them today and always had great service from them,

Gonna have to check them out. I think Single Seed Center has some good prices too. Also had fast service with them also.:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom