First Grow Indica Under CFLs 2012

hey growrook, really nice set-up you got...love the duct for reflectors:thumb:
i'm on my 3rd grow indoors with CFL's i only do 2 plants at a time due to space limitations. i found 420 like a month ago and all the people on here are a big help. it seems like everyday i get new ideas...like furnace duct for reflectors !! check out some of the scrog grows on here they are amazin, like this 1 First Grow - All Input Welcomed

good luck growin

Thanks for liking the light set up, that was my second try. wish u could of seen what
i first did. What i got now is a real improvement, the only thing i want to do and if anyone using this style should insert the light sockets and Y spilitter in to the side of the hood near the bottom. Starting with one on one side then putting the other one on the other side with them on there sides. my are just hanging there, so i have to be really careful when i move them not break any.

Here s is my first transplant. Ran out of soil gonna get more tomorrow. diff need to re-think my space. Or the weather needs to get warmer. picked out all the nice/bigger plants for this transplant i find the more they grow in these cup the easier they slide out. I transplanted a younger plant and all the dirt fell off the roots, i have a feeling that one is gonna be really stress, so i guess it wont hurt the other one to stay in the cups for a little while longer, to build there roots system a bit stronger.
006659.JPG
005762.JPG
004800.JPG
001887.JPG
002918.JPG
003861.JPG

looks like they was well on the way to getting root bound mate, i noticed this on mine, i didnt realise how quick the roots grew, i only had my plant showing its 2nd set of proper leaves and when i took it out the pot it was full of roots, so thinking i should of moved it sooner, not sure how it affects growth though, i think as long as the plant isnt showing signs of stress then it would be ok to leave it a bit longer, but what i do now is start in small pots and when i see the roots growing out the bottom of the holes i know its ready to go to bigger pots

subbed =)

ok a few things.

those pictures of you holding the plant upside down with no pot whilst pretty and dramatic, put horrible physical strain on the tiny roots that are being pulled like ropes trying to hold the soil together.
when i get home (at the inlaws for the school holidays) i will make a pictoral of how to transplant from thin plastic containers like your cups and my 2l bottles without the roots knowing they have been moved ;)

outdoor soil can be sterilised in the oven, but its a smelly messy business, much more practical is to get a sheet of metal or a drum (improvise) and place it over a bonfire and cook the soil on that outdoors like a bbq =D

the reason clones are normally taken from the bottom is because of the natural levels of rooting hormone in the plant close to the roots, it increase the survival rate of said clones.

subbed =)

ok a few things.

those pictures of you holding the plant upside down with no pot whilst pretty and dramatic, put horrible physical strain on the tiny roots that are being pulled like ropes trying to hold the soil together.
when i get home (at the inlaws for the school holidays) i will make a pictoral of how to transplant from thin plastic containers like your cups and my 2l bottles without the roots knowing they have been moved ;)

outdoor soil can be sterilised in the oven, but its a smelly messy business, much more practical is to get a sheet of metal or a drum (improvise) and place it over a bonfire and cook the soil on that outdoors like a bbq =D

the reason clones are normally taken from the bottom is because of the natural levels of rooting hormone in the plant close to the roots, it increase the survival rate of said clones.
post the link when you you make that pictoral on transplanting out of tiny cups. im not done transplanting yet.

Time to do some more transplanting. Found a new home for some of my plants. which is gonna make it a little easier. also picked up a mosture meter for the soil. Change the soil type/brand for an experiment. gonna mark the onces so i can remember.

Time to do some more transplanting. Found a new home for some of my plants. which is gonna make it a little easier. also picked up a mosture meter for the soil. Change the soil type/brand for an experiment. gonna mark the onces so i can remember.

I bought a moisture meter a while back and never used it. Seems inaccurate to me. Learn to feel the weight of the pot dry and when wet. After a few watering cycles you'll know exactly when it's time.

I bought a moisture meter a while back and never used it. Seems inaccurate to me. Learn to feel the weight of the pot dry and when wet. After a few watering cycles you'll know exactly when it's time.
I hear ya man, just tried the moisture meter out, seems like its the pressure in the soil that makes it work. Still not sure about it. I got a question for ya, I seen some transplant food it was vary high in phosphorus. is it good have you used it.

I hear ya man, just tried the moisture meter out, seems like its the pressure in the soil that makes it work. Still not sure about it. I got a question for ya, I seen some transplant food it was vary high in phosphorus. is it good have you used it.

I've never used it before. I always just transfer it into the medium that I want it to finish in. One transplant and give it a heavy watering so all the soil gets wet and runs off about 10%. I've heard of people using superthrive with clones and stuff, not sure about transplanting.

Re-did the grow room today, remove the shelf from one side of the room and add a large longer table. Done transplanting the ones i want to keep. got two outside to test the weather and the rest are going to a new home.

Here s the new setup, the walls are a bit rough looking, its all my junk wood i haven t burned in the fire pit yet. But its doing the trick for now till i can get some good wood and make some walls. I put a rotating space heater under the table it has a termostat in it, its set at 72 for 4 hours. I heard keeping the roots warm helps. gonna look into it a little more before i stick with it.
024140.JPG
022155.JPG
023155.JPG
:circle-of-love::420:

Wondering if i need more lights. Or will this be good till i sex. all the plants in cups are going to a new home. the rest i m sexing. Made a deal with my old man on the plants in cups if he ends up with females and i don t hes gotta share. he has four already of the same strain/age but his are not doing as good as mine. There in a old stereo box, the ones with the lids. there 4x40watt forencents. 18/6 and mine are 0n 161/2 light cycle. wonder why they look so different? There really tall and skinny, and growing slow.

Looking good :) Damn, quite a few plants for a first timer :) How come you don't wanna invest in an HPS/MH, or is it money?
Ya its money thing. kinda wanted to grow the first one cheap keep the wife off my back. i don t think she will understand about spending that much on a light, Her dad grows out doors with clones in corn fields. Which is really cheap to do. So she thinks that I don t need to spend a tone on lights. just do the corn field grow. But ill see how this turns out. and go from there i really want to flower under a hps heard its the way to go.

Wondering if i need more lights. Or will this be good till i sex. all the plants in cups are going to a new home. the rest i m sexing. Made a deal with my old man on the plants in cups if he ends up with females and i don t hes gotta share. he has four already of the same strain/age but his are not doing as good as mine. There in a old stereo box, the ones with the lids. there 4x40watt forencents. 18/6 and mine are 0n 161/2 light cycle. wonder why they look so different? There really tall and skinny, and growing slow.

Hmm that is weird. No you have enough lights for veg and even flower if you switch the bulbs to 2700k. I was just wondering because HID's are relatively inexpensive and work awesome. I got mine for 140 shipped with the hood HPS bulb, MH bulb, and digital dimmable ballast (400 watts).

As far as your dads, it could be his medium, watering habits, humidity differences or temps? Not keeping the bulbs close enough or having a different kelvin rating somewhere in between what is good for vegetative growth or flowering say 4000k. Of course I'm just making guesses.

Ya its money thing. kinda wanted to grow the first one cheap keep the wife off my back. i don t think she will understand about spending that much on a light, Her dad grows out doors with clones in corn fields. Which is really cheap to do. So she thinks that I don t need to spend a tone on lights. just do the corn field grow. But ill see how this turns out. and go from there i really want to flower under a hps heard its the way to go.

Yeah it's definitely the way to go, not that you can't do a great job with CFL's because I've seen some awesome plants. Where I'm at a 2 pack of 6500k CFL's are 10 bucks so multiply that by 16 like you have and you just spent 80 dollars. 60 dollars more and you have yourself an HPS.

dang who else grows in your family! its taken me nigh on a decade to get my womans family (and to a lesser extent, her) even tolerating the fact that i smoke. thankfully the years have built up financial trust between me and she and with the exception of buying mj to smoke, i dont make bad finance decisions and thats how she became open to me growing, i just needed to sit her down and went through the numbers ;)
think it helps that im considered the clever and hard working one (compared to other males in her family). lets just say that if i can grow enough to eliminate my purchases per month, i will have the money for the grow i want (airoponic/inductive/90%sativa-10%ruderalis) assuming the breed is availible.
i detest couch lock, im a tinkerer/imagineer and want something to boost my potential.

induction is the way to go btw, im expecting some serious changes to society from induction tech, not just growing, but transport(imagine an inductive road with cars that carry no fuel), computers and much more...the induction lights we see today are just the begining, all other forms of light will die...call it a prophecy, lol

I was going to say that if you're plants are skinny or lanky maybe you should move your lights closer. Kinda sounds like they're stretching to me.

dang who else grows in your family! its taken me nigh on a decade to get my womans family (and to a lesser extent, her) even tolerating the fact that i smoke.

That made me laugh....Everyone in my family smokes(except for baby sister) and none of them know I grow. If I let that cat out the bag, I would never hear the end of it. But they can't ask for none because I moved out of state!!!! The only one I smoke with is my bf. Since I have gotten through a few grows, he has now become interested in growing. Of course, he wants to jump straight to growing good strains. But I had to slow his roll and tell him he needs to get some bag seed experience under his belt first.

Back
Top Bottom