First Grow Journal

Wow, they are really coming into their own. The yellowing in flower at the bottom of the plant is obviously nitro deficiency (which is actually a good thing near end of plant life which I'm sure you know. - assuming it's not too early anyways.) BTW- Mike Conner deserves mad props for all his help. My concern with flushing organics was you'd flush out your other organic nutrients. I'm actually curious if the lights also had an impact ( on that one plant) but it appears Mike was spot on as that and the nitro toxicity fixed itself with Mike's help. I think you owe him some meds...lol! What a great community of people.

As far as your organic soil.... maybe to bab6 them when they are young you could start in smaller pots (say 3 Gallon) and use only ocean corset (fox farm organic soil), then after 2-3 or so weeks in veg (after root bound) you could flip to 7 Gallon pots with a majority of the bottom 1/3 being your "hotter" soil... then a 50/50 mix of ocean forest and hot organic soil for the middle 1/3 and a little ocean forest only on top to place the 3 Gallon root ball on to (to combat adding to transplant shock). Just a thought, but that's something a friend currently does with his organic program. ?!?!? May be worth at try to compare this current grow to a future grow
Ok, on the yellowing. I think it is a week early. I have 3 weeks left and I want to flush for 2. What should I do. Btw without this site I would have no idea what to do so thank heaven!

Wow, they are really coming into their own. The yellowing in flower at the bottom of the plant is obviously nitro deficiency (which is actually a good thing near end of plant life which I'm sure you know. - assuming it's not too early anyways.) BTW- Mike Conner deserves mad props for all his help. My concern with flushing organics was you'd flush out your other organic nutrients. I'm actually curious if the lights also had an impact ( on that one plant) but it appears Mike was spot on as that and the nitro toxicity fixed itself with Mike's help. I think you owe him some meds...lol! What a great community of people.

As far as your organic soil.... maybe to bab6 them when they are young you could start in smaller pots (say 3 Gallon) and use only ocean corset (fox farm organic soil), then after 2-3 or so weeks in veg (after root bound) you could flip to 7 Gallon pots with a majority of the bottom 1/3 being your "hotter" soil... then a 50/50 mix of ocean forest and hot organic soil for the middle 1/3 and a little ocean forest only on top to place the 3 Gallon root ball on to (to combat adding to transplant shock). Just a thought, but that's something a friend currently does with his organic program. ?!?!? May be worth at try to compare this current grow to a future grow
I like using roots organics (local) or even going doc buds kit. Docs scares me a little. I'm comfortable here but I like to grow. Figurative and literal

Oh I ment to ask if it matters. Roots or fox farm
If you like using roots, I'd just stick with that. We have that here as well. I'm just familar with fox farm soils and nutrients as they are what I used to learn to grow. I couldn't imagine it would matter as long as you feel "roots" would also not be too hot for clones or 1 week old plants for organic soil you choose is not nearly as strong/hot as your mixed organic. Now that I've read your journal soup to nuts.... it makes me wanna start my own. Great record of your grow... I feel like I'd put more here than I do my current journal.
I like using roots organics (local) or even going doc buds kit. Docs scares me a little. I'm comfortable here but I like to grow. Figurative and literal

Definitely flush then the soil is out of wack, sometimes when there is to much nitrogen available the plant will kick nitrogen back out through the roots after the stretch, since it wants more P, and K, and less N to build buds, and that causes the soil to go acidic. In Hydro when the ph goes acidic after stretch, I like to adjust the ph back up with Potassium silicate.

Definitely flush then the soil is out of wack, sometimes when there is to much nitrogen available the plant will kick nitrogen back out through the roots after the stretch, since it wants more P, and K, and less N to build buds, and that causes the soil to go acidic. In Hydro when the ph goes acidic after stretch, I like to adjust the ph back up with Potassium silicate.
Just curious. I've heard a lot of bad things about PH up and down (the actual pre made solution). I've heard it kills the microbial life. Is that true? If so, could I use something like "microbrew" by fox farm to adjust the microbial life? If so, how often should I be using it? Every time I use PH up or down??? Or is there some other simple product out there that doesn't have this effect? This may not be the best place to pose that question.... and if so I can move it to another post.

Yeah it can be bad and kill off the micro life, I think potassium sulfate is one of the main ingredients in Nuke em, salts are hard to avoid when adjusting ph. I use Lemon Juice for PH down and Garden Lime for PH up I might look into Bananna extract for ph up or potatoes maybe. Either way when I brew a tea I ph adjust carefully to bring it up to 6.5 but have since I started using teas and always add some back in to breed more ph adjusted micro life the ones that can't handle the ph swings die off and the stronger ones live on

Yeah it can be bad and kill off the micro life, I think potassium sulfate is one of the main ingredients in Nuke em, salts are hard to avoid when adjusting ph. I use Lemon Juice for PH down and Garden Lime for PH up I might look into Bananna extract for ph up or potatoes maybe. Either way when I brew a tea I ph adjust carefully to bring it up to 6.5 but have since I started using teas and always add some back in to breed more ph adjusted micro life the ones that can't handle the ph swings die off and the stronger ones live on
Sorry to continue to bother.... but can you elaborate on "teas". What do you mean by that.... figure of speech?(like brewing a stew) or are you literally using tea on your plants and why? This is new to me and am interested.

Should I ph it a little high to counter the low ph when I flush or ph it to 6.3 and and keep flushing until runoff is at desired ph

Should I ph it a little high to counter the low ph when I flush or ph it to 6.3 and and keep flushing until runoff is at desired ph
Great question and interested in response. I personally usually PH at 7.0 for corrections "up" (6.0 for corrections down - rare for me) as that is top of ok soil range.... then I continue to Flush until run off is 6.8ph ( indicating my root zone is closer to 6.6ph. It works for me, but I'd be interested to see what others are doing. In the end i truly want my PH at 6.5 at the root. I don't care as much about what I am watering with as long as you don't get carried away and PH at like 10 or something. Again, I'd be interest3d to here what the REAL pros are doing. I've only got a 10x10 for flower and 2 2x4's for veg. But I'm hoping a 500 plant warehouse license is in my future. Working on it.

No problem you can add benificial bacteria and organic fertilizer in one shot with a brewed tea. In the teas I use home made fruit and vegetable fertilizer, Molasses or sugar, worm castings, or High phos bat guano, Alfalfa meal, sometimes aloe and coconut milk as well. I use a 5 gallon bucket of water dechlorinated add two cups of castings for veg and two cups of alfalfa meal, then I add 4 cups of feed molasses 10 tablespoons of aloe 10 table spoons of coconut milk and 2 cups of my homemade fertilizer you can pick up most any organic liquid fertilizer like Alaska Fish fertilizer in veg and Alaska More bloom. Then I also make potash and cal phos as bloom booster. To make potash I smoke some meats with hickory and maple then mix the white ash with dechlored water to make the calcium phosphorus I save eggshells grind them up, toast them in a skillet, mix it with vinegar 5parts vinegar to 1 part ground toasted shells loosely put a lid on it and let it ferment till the bubbles stop then use it either foliar or ad into the tea at 2 tbs per gallon of water not sure on the potash it varies but I ad some and watch the pistils I usually start low with it. But after this year I think I get fast enough growth with my soil mix which is in my journal for veg and it lasts months so I'm not going to ad teas till flower. I run a well rounded soil mix it can go all the way through flower without tea but the tea pushes hard.

Damnn!!! 500 what state do you live
Michigan. In 2018(Jan 1), there will be multiple license types. (Cultivation, processing, testing, distribution, transportation). As for cultivation there are 3 levels (500/1000/1500 plants). But in order to get that type of operation going you need investors of at the MINIMUM (250k/500k &750k). That's a bare minimum..... based on current interest I could only apply for the 500 plant license. Working on a business plan as well as journaling all grows as I go in order to convince a municipality near me to allow me a zoned facility as well as persuade investors. Problem is.... I've never been 100% organic yet which is what everyone will be requiring soon..... so I have a TON more to learn.

No problem you can add benificial bacteria and organic fertilizer in one shot with a brewed tea. In the teas I use home made fruit and vegetable fertilizer, Molasses or sugar, worm castings, or High phos bat guano, Alfalfa meal, sometimes aloe and coconut milk as well. I use a 5 gallon bucket of water dechlorinated add two cups of castings for veg and two cups of alfalfa meal, then I add 4 cups of feed molasses 10 tablespoons of aloe 10 table spoons of coconut milk and 2 cups of my homemade fertilizer you can pick up most any organic liquid fertilizer like Alaska Fish fertilizer in veg and Alaska More bloom. Then I also make potash and cal phos as bloom booster. To make potash I smoke some meats with hickory and maple then mix the white ash with dechlored water to make the calcium phosphorus I save eggshells grind them up, toast them in a skillet, mix it with vinegar 5parts vinegar to 1 part ground toasted shells loosely put a lid on it and let it ferment till the bubbles stop then use it either foliar or ad into the tea at 2 tbs per gallon of water not sure on the potash it varies but I ad some and watch the pistils I usually start low with it. But after this year I think I get fast enough growth with my soil mix which is in my journal for veg and it lasts months so I'm not going to ad teas till flower. I run a well rounded soil mix it can go all the way through flower without tea but the tea pushes hard.
Ah ha.... that's what you meant by tea..... got it. You actually had me thinking you have a tea blend you add to your water ( I'm so dumb). So it's simply an organic mix. Brilliant as opposed to simply organic super soils. Very interesting.... I might have to try this on a few plants some time.

May I ask, where did you learn most about your organic teas and soil mix? I'm always afraid to try anything too new without the knowledge to back it.... I'm sure it works for you..... but you know how it is... I'll blow it without research .

Michigan. In 2018(Jan 1), there will be multiple license types. (Cultivation, processing, testing, distribution, transportation). As for cultivation there are 3 levels (500/1000/1500 plants). But in order to get that type of operation going you need investors of at the MINIMUM (250k/500k &750k). That's a bare minimum..... based on current interest I could only apply for the 500 plant license. Working on a business plan as well as journaling all grows as I go in order to convince a municipality near me to allow me a zoned facility as well as persuade investors. Problem is.... I've never been 100% organic yet which is what everyone will be requiring soon..... so I have a TON more to learn.
Wow... I wish you the best luck man. This is a good place for tons of info. I'm not sure about the business side. I would love to see the 500 plant journal tho haha

Ah ha.... that's what you meant by tea..... got it. You actually had me thinking you have a tea blend you add to your water ( I'm so dumb). So it's simply an organic mix. Brilliant as opposed to simply organic super soils. Very interesting.... I might have to try this on a few plants some time.

May I ask, where did you learn most about your organic teas and soil mix? I'm always afraid to try anything too new without the knowledge to back it.... I'm sure it works for you..... but you know how it is... I'll blow it without research .
I'll send a link and trial and error some of it is developmental for a kit I'm putting together for sale soon some of the stuff I do is unconventional and I have been developing some awsome microlife.

I'll send a link and trial and error some of it is developmental for a kit I'm putting together for sale soon some of the stuff I do is unconventional and I have been developing some awsome microlife.
Thats awesome. I'd love to be your Guinea pig!! If you don't test, you don't learn... right?

I forgot to mention the air you have to let it steep in highly oxygenated water to keep bad bacteria from building just throw an airstone in and let it bubble when the foam cap is bubbled up it's ready

Back
Top Bottom