Prop19's Indoor/Outdoor 1st Grow Journal

Hey guys, so i brought in my 1st plant from outside because i was wrong about the weather, apparently we do have temps around here below 40 :/ Now she is back in my grow area getting ready to go into flowering with my 2 other clones. Im doing a kind of small experiment with these and just seeing how much i can yeild with the least amount of veg. They all have been under 24hr lights and currently are in their 24hr dark period before i enduce the 12/12 cycle. Ill have pics up tomorrow hopefully! Thanks for checking out my grow guys! :thumb:

You will do better with at least one more light in there.

And, on the first one that you were not sure if you topped it right or not, you did but left it only two healthy main shoots, if you would of waited one more set it would be much bushier.

I'm not a big fan of topping, LST yes but topping or fimming no.

With LST you never destroy anything, pulling them down a little at a time you can train them in any direction you want, they will keep growing toward the light and the lower stuff catches up and then you can pull that back if you want. Or you can flower them right away for smaller plants. :passitleft:

Growing outside brings even more challenges to the deal, way more bug problems, thieves.............

Hope that helps. :ganjamon:

You will do better with at least one more light in there.

And, on the first one that you were not sure if you topped it right or not, you did but left it only two healthy main shoots, if you would of waited one more set it would be much bushier.

I'm not a big fan of topping, LST yes but topping or fimming no.

With LST you never destroy anything, pulling them down a little at a time you can train them in any direction you want, they will keep growing toward the light and the lower stuff catches up and then you can pull that back if you want. Or you can flower them right away for smaller plants. :passitleft:

Growing outside brings even more challenges to the deal, way more bug problems, thieves.............

Hope that helps. :ganjamon:

Thanks Saturn! I will be uploading pics of my remade grow space ( I took out the 1 23watt cfl and now have 3 100watt cfls i think. The two clones that i have are in root block thingys and they are planted in soil right now. I also noticed some bugs flying on and around the base of the plant(exactly where the root blocks are) I think they may be attracted to the moisture that is collected by the plugs. Should i remove the plugs now? One of them looks kinda moldy too. Any help would be much appreciated!

P.S. For my next grow I was thinking of growing one or two plants using the SCROG method(is it better to grow in soil or hydro for this?). Im new at all of this so if anyone has other info on that or how to grow and make a hydroponic system I would be most interested :) :thanks:

Just make sure you cover the tops of the cubes with soil and you shouldn't have to worry about anything. As far as the bugs, kill them. Hopefully they are not fungus gnats, but if they are then you will know. Because soon there will be tons of them.

Good luck!

Just make sure you cover the tops of the cubes with soil and you shouldn't have to worry about anything. As far as the bugs, kill them. Hopefully they are not fungus gnats, but if they are then you will know. Because soon there will be tons of them.

Good luck!

Yea SmokeyMacPots I just read about those F-ing lame fungus gnats! Pretty sure that I have em :( Ive only seen a couple right now and tomorrow i plan on transplanting all of my plants into bigger pots, I will also go buy a few sticky strips and add a layer of sand to the top of my soil just incase(to suffocate the damn larva!) Hopefully all goes well! Ill have pics up tomorrow guys!

Anymore info about a hydro grow or scrog? thanks! :thanks:

Hey guys I'm finally back with an update! So I went to home depot and asked an employee what would be the best product to get rid off gnats. He said i should put a banana in a container, cover it with clear wrap and poke holes through the top. I did this and also transplanted all of my plants to check for any larva. Its been a day since I did this and I haven't seen anymore gnats. Pray for me :ganjamon: The other good new is that my Green Crack and Bagseed plants are 4 days into flowering :thumb: For my smallest plant I plan on vegging for a while, I think it might be a Mendo Purple or Blueberry not sure though. I want to setup a nice scrog or I might just supercrop it. For my next grow I want to have a DWC/Hydro setup but dont know how to start. Anyone have info for me please? Thanks for stopping by! :thanks:
Up_001.JPG

Up_003.JPG

Up_004.JPG

Up_008.JPG

Up_006.JPG

Hey man

Just subscribed to your Journal

Best of luck with those plants, keep the updates coming.

Peace

Hey prop grow is looking good so far shame about the damm gnats i had them on my last grow lucky it was near the end of flowering i went to my local hydro shop and get some lil white pellets mixed with water and flushed through soon got rid of them.

Make sure on your next grow you disinfect well dont want the lil buggers coming back!

Will be pulling up a chair and getting some smoke out good luck and regular updates please :D

Hey man

Just subscribed to your Journal

Best of luck with those plants, keep the updates coming.

Peace

Thanks Shoeboe09 for the subscription! Ill be sure to keep a steady flow of updates coming in!

Hey prop grow is looking good so far shame about the damm gnats i had them on my last grow lucky it was near the end of flowering i went to my local hydro shop and get some lil white pellets mixed with water and flushed through soon got rid of them.

Make sure on your next grow you disinfect well dont want the lil buggers coming back!

Will be pulling up a chair and getting some smoke out good luck and regular updates please :D

I know! Those damn gnats haha. I havent seen any in the last couple of days so hopefully I caught them before they had time to lay their eggs. For my next grow I think I'm actually going to make a grow box and keep it as cleen as possible :) Thanks for stopping in GodSpeed!

If anyone has a growbox setup that they think is easy, cheap, and efficient I'm all ears! A hydro setup would also be nice :)

Having a clean stable environment is the number 1 thing our goal as a grower should try to accomplish. I built a badass 400w cabinet for about 250 bucks and grew my way through college with it. My biggest suggestion is to up the light in there. Growing is a learning experience, I've been at it 5 years now and still know nothing.

Having a clean stable environment is the number 1 thing our goal as a grower should try to accomplish. I built a badass 400w cabinet for about 250 bucks and grew my way through college with it. My biggest suggestion is to up the light in there. Growing is a learning experience, I've been at it 5 years now and still know nothing.

Ye I will try my hardest from now on to keep it clean haha. That grow setup sounds nice, do you think you could give me some more info on the exact sertup? Like what lighting HPS or CFL's and hydro or soil? How big etc.
Thanks Brett2theMax! :grinjoint:

Flower_room4.jpg

I cut a hole in the top and ran that silver ducting tube right out that hole. Taped all the corners where light could come through. There is a glass Bake-a-round on the ducting that is over the 400w light bulb. I found my 400w light refurbished for 100 bucks, best investment of my life. You can make a little bit go a long way if you are patient and do some research and bargain shopping.

Here is a bubba kush that I grew in there. I had 3 plants about that size in there and a 4th significantly smaller. sorry I had trouble resizing the picture.

bubba_kush24.jpg

Fungus gnats: From what I"ve read on the subject, if you see them, you already have an infestation since they come above ground when they run out of abundant food in the roots.

There are some great products for getting rid of the larva that will continually hatch if you don't treat the soil.

What products are those? I have a friend who is currently having issues, I have no experience with gnats.

Thanks for the info Brett that looks sick! Im not officially going to build a grow box untill I finish this grow but thanks for the ideas. Saturn its been about a week now since I first saw any signs of gnats. The guy at home depot said that a lot of people in my area were having gnats and that it was common so the gnats that I saw may have not been fungus gnats. I havent seen any sign of them at all though so thats good. :)

As for an update on my babies, I still have my little runt on an 18/6 veg scheduele. When I transplanted it to a bigger pot the roots looked very small and not fully developed, should I put a hood over the pot to raise the humidity?(I heard that helps when the plants are early in life) My two other plants are completing their first week of flowering, Im pretty sure the bagseed that I have is a female but not positive. Ill have pictures up tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!

Back
Top Bottom