First Grow: Mental Floss & Satori

wow,they look sweet,nice job:yahoo:

White Berry

Here's how the White Berry is looking at 53 days. She smells heavily of berries mmmmm

wb53.jpg
wb53-1.jpg

Thanks guys for seein me through to the end of this one! Still got 2 left in the cab- white berry and another mental floss. This has been an awesome experience and I don't think I'm going anywhere for a while :eek:)

Leenie, I just LOVE your photo work! Your bud shots are SCRUMDELICIOUS! I can practically taste and smell tham. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us.

Satori phenos dried nug side by side

We've now got a good idea of what our Satoris do and we're very happy with the strain choice :eek:) Good job Mandala!

The spear pheno has a sweet light grapefruit sort of citrus scent with an earthy/coffee undertone. Getting smoother now with a cure, as she was pretty harsh/throat grabbing at first but getting a lot better. Harvested early, she has a clear, lucid heady high that is great for getting stuff done, heading outdoors or creating something. I love going out and working in my garden after a smoke of the early harvest (25% amber at most). Harvested late makes her a couchlock/sleeper weed- still lucid, but will put me to sleep on even the worst days. She was a heavy yielding, easy keeper. No problems with nutes in flower, she was on a full dose and showed no strain. Late in flower she might have developed some deficiency, looked like magnesium possibly, or low PH. We've decided we might need more dolomite lime in our next batch of potting mix. She looks pretty frosty in this picture, but I think it has to do mainly with the flash on my camera.

satorinug.jpg

The second Satori "Bat" Pheno, or Orb as my man calls it is my favorite of the two. I think it may be my favorite smoke of what we've got out of the closet thus far. She was harvested at about 25% amber trichs. Her buds have a wonderful lemon citrus/light pine scent that tastes as great as she smells. I love this one in the vape! She has a clear, uplifting high that gives me the giggles. No anxiety to speak of, no raciness. Good potency, and very dense, sticky buds that break up huge leaving your fingers stuck together. She didn't quite yield as much as the other pheno but the resin production and wonderful smell and taste make up for it, still great yield anyway and she will be kept around for sure! It will be a sad day when my jar of this lady goes empty LOL

satoriorbnug.jpg

:cheer:

awesome. I recommend this strain personally. Well worth the money, you get more plant then you pay for. We had 100% germ on our 4 seeds. 50/50 male to female ratio. We lucked out when we got both phenos our first run :eek:)

Paradise White Berry 61 days

The info on this strain provided by Paradise is a little bit misleading, our particular phenotype is most definately not the advertised 55 day finisher. At 61 days she is still mainly clear with maybe 5-10% milky trichs. After the 55 day point is when she's really started to pack on the weight. I suspect she has at least another week to go.

whiteberry61.jpg

My first Grow is OVER!

well, I guess this thread is just about done now. This week we chopped and are now drying White Berry , and last night, the second Mental Floss. The flowering cab is now empty and getting ready for the next grow- which will consist of two white berry, 4 bat pheno satoris and 2 spear satoris.

I've culled the mental floss mom, as her progeny is sensitive to hermie. Many nanners on both clones. Great smoke, but I'll try popping some more seeds try again in the future.

Also, will be culling our White Berry mom, I found this particular pheno quite unremarkable in flavour (almost no flavour), and the buds are airy, mainly made up of pistils. We will likely make some oil out of the two that are in the next grow. The clones have been vegging a couple weeks now and are ready to flower, but to keep the canopy even they will just go in this grow anyway, wont be able to start new ones to get them in there on time.

Keeping BOTH phenos of Satori. We love this strain, very quality work Mandala!!

Have now, Sensi Star and Ice Cream seedlings, they have their second pair of real leaves now. Will also start some blueberry soon, and maybe some Aurora Indica for a few months from now.

Thanks everyone for tagging along!

Re: My first Grow is OVER!

well, I guess this thread is just about done now. This week we chopped and are now drying White Berry , and last night, the second Mental Floss. The flowering cab is now empty and getting ready for the next grow- which will consist of two white berry, 4 bat pheno satoris and 2 spear satoris.

I've culled the mental floss mom, as her progeny is sensitive to hermie. Many nanners on both clones. Great smoke, but I'll try popping some more seeds try again in the future.

Also, will be culling our White Berry mom, I found this particular pheno quite unremarkable in flavour (almost no flavour), and the buds are airy, mainly made up of pistils. We will likely make some oil out of the two that are in the next grow. The clones have been vegging a couple weeks now and are ready to flower, but to keep the canopy even they will just go in this grow anyway, wont be able to start new ones to get them in there on time.

Keeping BOTH phenos of Satori. We love this strain, very quality work Mandala!!

Have now, Sensi Star and Ice Cream seedlings, they have their second pair of real leaves now. Will also start some blueberry soon, and maybe some Aurora Indica for a few months from now.

Thanks everyone for tagging along!

Good to know that of three strains, you kept the Satori and both variations at that! I'm planning on popping some Satori seeds along with some Afropips Malberry F1 hybrid seeds. Looking to find some moms. Should be fun. Thanks for sharing your experiences with the Satori with us Leenie! :nicethread:

Satori is definately a keeper. Still have a few seeds left to pop maybe look for that skyrocket pheno too :eek:) Right now, have 1 Sensi Star and 1 Paradise Ice Cream started (bout a week old from seed) and 24 hours into germing 3 soma somango (reg), 2 Nirvana aurora indica (fem), 3 DinaFem Power Kush- just realized shes fem duhh, and restarting 3 chimera mental floss (reg) to try and find a new mommie. Gonna get a bit busy in a while, I'll start a new thread eventually with those :eek:)

Thanks for stickin around Munki its been swell :eek:)

Very nice grow,love the Mandala strains,I've just started some kalichakra,and satori ,hope they grow as well as yours did.peace:yahoo:

Satori is definately a keeper. Still have a few seeds left to pop maybe look for that skyrocket pheno too :eek:) Right now, have 1 Sensi Star and 1 Paradise Ice Cream started (bout a week old from seed) and 24 hours into germing 3 soma somango (reg), 2 Nirvana aurora indica (fem), 3 DinaFem Power Kush- just realized shes fem duhh, and restarting 3 chimera mental floss (reg) to try and find a new mommie. Gonna get a bit busy in a while, I'll start a new thread eventually with those :eek:)

Thanks for stickin around Munki its been swell :eek:)

Oh no problem, its been a treat! I've started my search for some mums as well. Had 4 of 5 Malberry seeds crack in less than one day dunked in water. None of the 5 Satori seeds cracked in that time period, but they are thicker shelled so I'm not concerned. Good luck on your hunt! :peace:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom