First grow need some help: white spot

rillo954

Whats up everyone this is my First time growing and Ive home dwc. My cotelydons have a little white spot looks.like vitiligo can someone help me out.
IMG_20230126_062747321.jpg

Whats up everyone this is my First time growing and Ive home dwc. My cotelydons have a little white spot looks.like vitiligo can someone help me out.
IMG_20230126_062747321.jpg
Good morning my friend, welcome to 420Magazine. :welcome:
It's hard to see the issue.
What have you been feeding her?
What's your ph?

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow
Bill284 😎

No experience with hydro but I think your ph might be a little high. Hopefully a hydro pro will chime in here.
As far as I know with hydro and coco, you need to feed daily. Maybe start at 1/4 strength at first? I normally wouldn't feed a seedling that small but I grow in organic soil. Hope you get some better answers than I can offer.

Im honestly still in doubt about exact ph and feeding Advanced nutrients Said tô wait until It hás 2 set of two leaves read some people start now others from the first true set of leaves i guess everyone does things a bit different thanks for the feedback tho.

Good Morning and thanks Glad I found you guys. So, I have not been feeding her any nutes yet Just plain tap water around 6.2-6.3 ph, and i appreciate the help guys.
You need to give her mild nutrients about 300 ppm's to start.
At 5.8 ph in Hydro.
Gradually raise the ppm's as she grows.
She will be fine.

Bill284 😎

You need to give her mild nutrients about 300 ppm's to start.
At 5.8 ph in Hydro.
Gradually raise the ppm's as she grows.
She will be fine.

Bill284 😎
Thank you my friend Will do and keep you guys updated honestly never been on a forum where people are actually willing to help so 420 hats off tô the members.

Forgot tô mention its a wedding cake seeds wish me luck Heard they arent the easiest lol

Thank you my friend Will do and keep you guys updated honestly never been on a forum where people are actually willing to help so 420 hats off tô the members.

Forgot tô mention its a wedding cake seeds wish me luck Heard they arent the easiest lol
If you want to say Hi and meet everyone here is a link.
If you want to make a journal so we can follow along and help here is another link.

Keep us updated on how it's going. :thumb:
Nice to meet you my friend.

Bill284 😎

If you want to say Hi and meet everyone here is a link.
If you want to make a journal so we can follow along and help here is another link.

Keep us updated on how it's going. :thumb:
Nice to meet you my friend.

Bill284 😎
Just made a journal, i had two seeds germinating both sprouted tap roots one Just stopped growing the taproot but It is still white though,who knows hopefully It will push through, thanks again

Nice to meet you and Lerugged as well

don't feed until you get a set of trues happening. feeding with just the cots alone is a recipe to burn it up.

only thing it needs right now is a little water with some weak cal mag, and patience. if you don't use RO you may not even want the calmag. for very early seedlings i usually made a feed mix at 1/2 or 1/4 the recommended seedling strength.

AN are good nutes but a bit expensive and very finicky for new growers. dwc and rdwc is probably the toughest thing for a new grower to learn. you may want to reconsider if you haven't geared up yet. active hydro is also the most expensive way to get into the life.

don't feed until you get a set of trues happening. feeding with just the cots alone is a recipe to burn it up.

only thing it needs right now is a little water with some weak cal mag, and patience. if you don't use RO you may not even want the calmag. for very early seedlings i usually made a feed mix at 1/2 or 1/4 the recommended seedling strength.

AN are good nutes but a bit expensive and very finicky for new growers. dwc and rdwc is probably the toughest thing for a new grower to learn. you may want to reconsider if you haven't geared up yet. active hydro is also the most expensive way to get into the life.

Hey Bluter thanks for the feedback i have the equipment attaching fotos, what about ph my tap is around 6.2 6.3 ppm around .045 I talked tô AN and they Said tô start feeding até the Second set of true leaves also heard people starting now not as easy as it looks lol I swear Ive been overwhelmed
With all the info.
IMG_20230126_111412385.jpg

IMG_20230126_105823231.jpg

IMG_20230126_104635069.jpg

hydro needs ph to 5.8 every time. .045 is probably an ec and is not a ppm. you might want to figure out what you are reading on your ppm meter. 0.045 is super low, like RO low, i'm not confident you are reporting that figure correct.

if you don't have RO and have your heart set on active hydro you will probably need to buy an RO filter. it will save you months of heartache.

not a big fan of that style of mylar sheeting. if you've ever seen a mylar balloon touch fire you'd know why. i stay away from that and panda film. the best thing on the walls would be plain flat non-gloss white paint, which looks like you've covered over.

you are also gonna need a way to raise and lower the light.

hydro needs ph to 5.8 every time. .045 is probably an ec and is not a ppm. you might want to figure out what you are reading on your ppm meter. 0.45 is super low, like RO low, i'm not confident you are reporting that figure correct.

if you don't have RO and have your heart set on active hydro you will probably need to buy an RO filter. it will save you months of heartache.

not a big fan of that style of mylar sheeting. if you've ever seen a mylar balloon touch fire you'd know why. i stay away from that and panda film. the best thing on the walls would be plain flat non-gloss white paint, which looks like you've covered over.

you are also gonna need a way to raise and lower the light.

Hey Bluter im using a ppm meter on a .5 scale im in Brazil our tap water is real different here, i was in doubt about the mylar sheets but its só damn hot here i heard It helps maintain the temp which is actually right now the coolest Room of the house. Luckily i do have a way tô raise lower the lights.

Can i use my ph up and down tô regulate the water até this stage?

Hey Bluter im using a ppm meter on a .5 scale im in Brazil our tap water is real different here, i was in doubt about the mylar sheets but its só damn hot here i heard It helps maintain the temp which is actually right now the coolest Room of the house. Luckily i do have a way tô raise lower the lights.

Can i use my ph up and down tô regulate the water até this stage?
if your ec is .45 and not .045 it would make more sense. you'd be around 300 ppm and very much in need of an RO filter.

you can ph the tap. it's not so important at this stage but will be soon. i would encourage you to consider trying any other media. active hydro is a massivley steep learning curve for new guys. very low rates of success on first grows.

whatever you do read up on the different styles. you might wanna try that sips approach, as there are a bunch using it, it's cheap to set up and run, and there is currently piles of support for it on the board.

if your ec is .45 and not .045 it would make more sense. you'd be around 300 ppm and very much in need of an RO filter.

you can ph the tap. it's not so important at this stage but will be soon. i would encourage you to consider trying any other media. active hydro is a massivley steep learning curve for new guys. very low rates of success on first grows.

whatever you do read up on the different styles. you might wanna try that sips approach, as there are a bunch using it, it's cheap to set up and run, and there is currently piles of support for it on the board.

Ill do some searching on the forums here, appreciate the advice

i was in doubt about the mylar sheets but its só damn hot here i heard It helps maintain the temp

hard to maintain a temp with the house on fire lol

edit : @rillo954 - go have a look at the sips thread. it may be a better way for you to get into the life. can always still go hydro anytime.

if that's reading a true 45ppm then you are good for hydro as far as water. anything under 120ppm is doable. my RO sits at 7ppm.

Back
Top Bottom