First grow need some help: white spot

Help me out with the sterile or live res yet because i honestly have no Idea what that means is that refering tô keeping the good bactérias or not?

in dwc you either run sterile - no bacteria , and you actively kill them, or you run live - encouraging certain bacteria and suppressing others to help in the grow.

most of your subsequent decisions will flow from that.

best piece of advice would be to get all over the dwc journals and read up as much as you can.

in dwc you either run sterile - no bacteria , and you actively kill them, or you run live - encouraging certain bacteria and suppressing others to help in the grow.

most of your subsequent decisions will flow from that.

best piece of advice would be to get all over the dwc journals and read up as much as you can.
Perfect, ill do some research appreciate you taking the time for all this great info

I could never run active hydro, but thanks to Bluter I’ve got a hempy plant going strong.

back story… I tried hydro when I first started, didn’t know beans listened to guy at hydro shop. Buckets, net pots, rockwool, pump, ph up & down etc at a minimum $500 bucks later and I still killed ‘em all. Every dang germ or seedling croaked,

I’m mostly dirt farmer but recent withdrawals from dank bank have left me hoochless. Anyho needed a fast run to harvest so I drilled up quick hempy bucket, slapped it full of nuked and rinsed perlite and followed Bluters journal.

I’d like introduce you to my first hempy girl Super SilverHaze… she will be coming down in few weeks. If I can run a hempy plant then anyone can…. Granted I’ll never match Bluters decades of experience with ALL hydro formats plus so much more. Seriously you would do well to jump in and follow, dude can grow killer produce in anything from shampoo bottle to mud puddle or a laboratory enviro. But if you want to stick with dwc or rdwc then others will jump in too.

gonna bug out- you are in great hands but will check back later!

She’s not a monster but I’m happy to bring her to harvest

other side

I could never run active hydro, but thanks to Bluter I’ve got a hempy plant going strong.

back story… I tried hydro when I first started, didn’t know beans listened to guy at hydro shop. Buckets, net pots, rockwool, pump, ph up & down etc at a minimum $500 bucks later and I still killed ‘em all. Every dang germ or seedling croaked,

I’m mostly dirt farmer but recent withdrawals from dank bank have left me hoochless. Anyho needed a fast run to harvest so I drilled up quick hempy bucket, slapped it full of nuked and rinsed perlite and followed Bluters journal.

I’d like introduce you to my first hempy girl Super SilverHaze… she will be coming down in few weeks. If I can run a hempy plant then anyone can…. Granted I’ll never match Bluters decades of experience with ALL hydro formats plus so much more. Seriously you would do well to jump in and follow, dude can grow killer produce in anything from shampoo bottle to mud puddle or a laboratory enviro. But if you want to stick with dwc or rdwc then others will jump in too.

gonna bug out- you are in great hands but will check back later!

She’s not a monster but I’m happy to bring her to harvest

other side

Man If i can get half of that from Mine id be shocked. Looks like some fire congrats on the harvest

Morning everyone any idea why my leaves are dropping Ive read It can be underwatering overwatering even to much Wind. She is growing pretty well in my opinion and hás definetly grew a bit from yesterday till day. One thing I did notice is the water was much lower today so I filled it back up 2 around 2-3cm

IMG_20230128_103127536.jpg

lifting a dwc bucket to remove or shovel stuff under it is a complete time wasting back breaking pain in the ass easily solved with a couple cheap ratchet straps.
True. I made the suggestion before I had backtracked through the thread and remembered that it was a DWC grow. Threw out the other suggestion and forgot about this one.;)...

Man If i can get half of that from Mine id be shocked. Looks like some fire congrats on the harvest

you'll do killer once you dial it in. it's tough to hit a home run first time at bat. learn as much as you can and enjoy the process.

i don't want to discourage you from dwc, i think you'll love it once you figure stuff out. there are easier and cheaper grow styles to choose as a first time out though.

make sure you go through all the dwc and rdwc journals you can read here. don't be afraid to ask those growers questions in their journals. the best thing to do at first is imitate what other people are doing. over time you will find little changes that work for you. don't be afraid of the process.

Thanks growing for just couple years so I’m still very much a newbie.

You may or may not get great harvest 1st time at bat, but you will learn plenty… and successful harvest or not- we can help you regroup!

Rillo - I’ve never seen a setup like that… white plastic mini thimble with foam insert.
Where you purchase that? What’s it called?

if it was made for growing I’m surprised it’s not blacked out. weed roots need air but they hate exposure to light….

you'll do killer once you dial it in. it's tough to hit a home run first time at bat. learn as much as you can and enjoy the process.

i don't want to discourage you from dwc, i think you'll love it once you figure stuff out. there are easier and cheaper grow styles to choose as a first time out though.

make sure you go through all the dwc and rdwc journals you can read here. don't be afraid to ask those growers questions in their journals. the best thing to do at first is imitate what other people are doing. over time you will find little changes that work for you. don't be afraid of the process.
Whats up Bluter apologize for the delay work hás been hectik and with a newborn plus the plant sleep is Basically not part of my routine any longer lol.

I appreciate the words I know DWC is complex and there Will be complications along the way but I love the Challenge and the Idea of the plant needing more attention is what really lured me this way, Ive been Reading a Lot about different set ups method etc. As you suggested and there are Just só many different set ups its Just incredible and i definetly imagine gratifying when you are able to harvest some bud. Again thanks for all the help im attaching a pic of How she is looking now

Thanks growing for just couple years so I’m still very much a newbie.

You may or may not get great harvest 1st time at bat, but you will learn plenty… and successful harvest or not- we can help you regroup!

Rillo - I’ve never seen a setup like that… white plastic mini thimble with foam insert.
Where you purchase that? What’s it called?

if it was made for growing I’m surprised it’s not blacked out. weed roots need air but they hate exposure to light….
Whats up 013 Just being able to learn is already a plus for me honestly as everyone hás saída hydro is not the easiest way but for some reason in my mind It seems like the most gratifying when you do harvest some bud.

The setup j bought from Mercado Livre which is like a Brazilian eBay she is growing well.and thank god looking healthy i have now placed her on the lid and started up the pump. Attaching photos for you guys tô see. Thanks for all the info really appreciate all the help all you guys are providing

Morning everyone this is How she is looking completing 1 week today, the Brownish color of the.foam had me bugging since i Just put her in that setup last night and last night the foam already turned that color found out It was Just the ph down product had tô test on extra foams i had to bê sure. Só far ph is at 5.9 temp is around 23 and ppm around 55

16751694666081191560748568387532.jpg

16751695429652677108291672093696.jpg

IMG_20230131_093402728.jpg

Whats up everyone Ive been searching everywhere but have not found a concrete answer. Ive noticed my plant's roots does not seem to bê developing as Quick as the leaves are not sure If this is normal, but i dont think my pump is providing enough oxygen bubbles. There are Very few bubbles being produced and its not covering the whole reservoir, im using a pump that pushes 1.2liters per minute but im thinking of buying one pushing 4liters per minute is this a good Idea this is how the plant is looking like today leaves developed more.

Also the tips always seem to droop down is this normal i was under the impression It should bê straight or curling a bit up

My last question is feeding and light when should i start feeding some nutes and increase the lux right now its at 6k but i read in veg its around 14k-40k

Appreciate the help guys

IMG_20230201_182453326.jpg

at this time it's way too tiny to get praying leaves. it's not doing bad for the set up. you do want the water bubbling to the point it looks to be boiling.

also i'd cover the top the same as you did the sides. white is the absolute worst color for dwc buckets. makes me wonder if the mfgr has a clue about anything.

at this time it's way too tiny to get praying leaves. it's not doing bad for the set up. you do want the water bubbling to the point it looks to be boiling.

also i'd cover the top the samne as you did the sides. white is the absolute worst color for dwc buckets. makes me wonder if the mfgr has a clue about anything.
The guy is a dick to bê honest just trying tô get money and lied he was advertising It as a Black bucket then this is what i received só i ran with It, i.will cover it up and buy a better pump next run im getting a 20lt bucket like u Said. Appreciate the help Bluter 💯

The guy is a dick to bê honest just trying tô get money and lied he was advertising It as a Black bucket then this is what i received só i ran with It, i.will cover it up and buy a better pump next run im getting a 20lt bucket like u Said. Appreciate the help Bluter 💯

i looks more like a cloner. i had a spit and dribble system in the early 80's that looked quite similar. we called it baby's first hydro ... lol

it did teach me the basics. i upgraded the second grow i ever did and it got shelved. i kept it around for cloning and the odd micro run.

i looks more like a cloner. i had a spit and dribble system in the early 80's that looked quite similar. we called it baby's first hydro ... lol

it did teach me the basics. i upgraded the second grow i ever did and it got shelved. i kept it around for cloning and the odd micro run.
Lol i guess im gona call mine rillo's First hydro. Ive been seeing some 20lt grow pots that seem like a Nice fit tô the space i have. hoping tô learn as much as i can this first run and If im lucky tô get even a little yield ill bê satisfied just for the experience. How many liters a minute pump would you recommend for a 20lt bucket?

Lol i guess im gona call mine rillo's First hydro. Ive been seeing some 20lt grow pots that seem like a Nice fit tô the space i have. hoping tô learn as much as i can this first run and If im lucky tô get even a little yield ill bê satisfied just for the experience.

i always recommend a different media for new folk. the learning curve for active hydro can be pretty steep. it winds up being a lot of gear in the end once you get rolling too. that's why i went a different direction. i've tried a few media over time.

How many liters a minute pump would you recommend for a 20lt bucket?

min 1l/min for every american gal. :cheesygrinsmiley:

1L/min per 4L will do.

that's a min, i usually go overboard. to be sure i'd do1.5L/min or just outright double it. keep in mind that pumps will push heat as well as air into the water. you'll need to keep an eye on that.

i always recommend a different media for new folk. the learning curve for active hydro can be pretty steep. it winds up being a lot of gear in the end once you get rolling too. that's why i went a different direction. i've tried a few media over time.

min 1l/min for every american gal. :cheesygrinsmiley:

1L/min per 4L will do.

that's a min, i usually go overboard. to be sure i'd do1.5L/min or just outright double it. keep in mind that pumps will push heat as well as air into the water. you'll need to keep an eye on that.

Perfect thanks Bluter🙏🌱

Whats Up everyone here is how shes looking My phone broke so Ive been disconnected lol. She os going into veg light intensity this Friday, só Far been feeding 192 ppm with 6200 lux.

Her leaves are fading a bit the color thinkinf shes hungry but wana push to Friday when i change the reservoir.

She hás only been feed 1 and that was last Friday
16758490641092346574221522321785.jpg

Whats Up everyone here is how shes looking My phone broke so Ive been disconnected lol. She os going into veg light intensity this Friday, só Far been feeding 192 ppm with 6200 lux.

Her leaves are fading a bit the color thinkinf shes hungry but wana push to Friday when i change the reservoir.

She hás only been feed 1 and that was last Friday
16758490641092346574221522321785.jpg
Good morning. :ciao:
It's hard to tell in the pic, color could be a little light.
But she looks good.
Try increasing the ppm in her feed if you think she is hungry.
Have a great day my friend.
Take care

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom