Hello and help

RastaFire

420 Member
Hello everyone,
New to this site and forums, trying to grow a few plants, I have some seedlings that are 17 days since they popped out of the soil. Using an apparently 1200 watt LED light on the veg setting. Plants seemed to be growing slowly on 23 hours on so I switched to 20/4 on, after that I noticed the cotelydons turning yellow/ brown, and then the fastest growing plant got a brown, dry spot on one leaf, not sure what would make them happier. They are jahbud× northern lights photos from seed in topsoil.
Maybe someone can help diagnose my plants issues from looking at the pics. It seems a bit cold in my grow room possibly, I am just watering with tap water. I put the lights back on 23/1 cause they seemed a bit happier that way. Not sure what I should try, please help..

16160330568409214265787730472536.jpg

16160331330595469998189988938016.jpg

16160332266419124947262841882071.jpg

16160332457037321989867464628373.jpg

Yikes.

Yep something went haywire.
First you should always fill the solo cup to the brim.
From the looks of it the soil could be either too rich or maybe anaerobic from no drainage an lack of aeration .

At 17 days they should be about 10x that size.

How much water
Type of soil

I am certain that's not 1200w. Most likely less than 300w.

Looks like probably a root issue.

For future I would pack solo cups with well aerated seedling soil with lots of knife slits all over the solo cup.
Have temp at 77 to 80 with humidity between 65 to 75%.

Hard to say what to do with these without a bit more info

soil is too heavy and the roots can't get air.
you can repot fast with 50 - 75% coco perlite mix, rest soil.

best is source cannabis soil, but i've done it with what you have on hand. only need about 25% of that soil in the mix.

edit: also you gotta feed them real nutes soon.

Yeah, next time get better soil. As for those seedlings, they are stunted permanently. It would take a miracle for them to snap out of it so don’t waste your time.

i come back from worse before ..

i don't recommend it deeply however .. :p

This thread has been moved to Frequently Asked Questions.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

:Namaste:

Black Earth Top Soil is a rich dark soil blend with CQA-Certified Compost. This soil blend will add nutrients and organic matter to existing native soils. It is ideal for general gardening use. Mix 1 part Black Earth Top Soil to 4 parts existing soil.

DIRECTIONS FOR USE: Mix 1 part Black Earth Top Soil to 3 parts existing soil.

so maybe hot and clumpy , i would do the three way dilute , coco perlite soil :thumb:

seeds are costly so i wouldn't give up that easy , not too bad if you have money, if you do not work at them ,
never say die :high-five:

I’ve saved worse. He could just put them in coco and start feeding right meow. Or coco and perlite and just ignore the soil. Bunch of options but all of them involve transplanting out of that thick stuff.
very true , Reave :thumb:

as they are not autos they are savable:goodluck:

i come back from worse before ..

i don't recommend it deeply however .. :p

I’ve saved worse. He could just put them in coco and start feeding right meow. Or coco and perlite and just ignore the soil. Bunch of options but all of them involve transplanting out of that thick stuff.
Perhaps I’m just speaking as someone with an abundance of seed, but what would be the point? The OP could start from scratch and end up with better plants than these in less time than trying to rehabilitate them. I guess if it’s rare genetics or the only seeds available, it’d be worth a shot, but otherwise more effort than it’s worth.

Back
Top Bottom