First Grow-Nirvana Snow White, Attic XXX

Re: First Grow-Nirvana Snow White, Attic Hydro LED grow

The drip ring is ready and I am out of here

Raised the lights, nuted the water, and we're ready to roll

Time to take chances, make mistakes, and get messy....

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone!

Here is my diy drip ring (1/4" black tubing with holes from a pin, capped with a button dripper)
IMG_5108_2_.JPG
IMG_5109_2_.JPG
IMG_5110_2_.JPG

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

don't abandon it just yet... if you read some higher posts you'll see I've been leaving my grow alone for ~a month. I'll be back home in a few weeks.

No problem, I'll flag the thread to be returned to Journals In Progress. Thanks for checking in! :thanks:

Phew, what a long strange journey this has been
This was kind of anticlimactic because I was hoping for either success or failure and I'm not quite sure what I got (see pics)

I can't tell if they are ready or not (some pistils are brown, others look not even close) but now is essentially the only time I can harvest.

Will I get any buzz out of these? Should I dry and cure or just make an extra large batch of brownies? or trash them? At first I thought they might be hermies but I'm pretty sure those were just swollen calyx's, plus there are pistils everywhere.
Essentially I ended up with 3 popcorn trees, haha

Thanks everyone for all the invaluable help and maybe next year I can grow some killer plants, now that I've got a grow under my belt and will have time to actually watch over the little guys.

So tell me what you think I should do with the plants or if you have any comments about anything
Thanks to Everyone at 420 mag!
:thanks:
IMG_51261.JPG
IMG_51271.JPG
IMG_5128.JPG
IMG_5129.JPG
IMG_5130.JPG
IMG_5131.JPG

Phew, what a long strange journey this has been
This was kind of anticlimactic because I was hoping for either success or failure and I'm not quite sure what I got (see pics)

I can't tell if they are ready or not (some pistils are brown, others look not even close) but now is essentially the only time I can harvest.

Will I get any buzz out of these? Should I dry and cure or just make an extra large batch of brownies? or trash them? At first I thought they might be hermies but I'm pretty sure those were just swollen calyx's, plus there are pistils everywhere.
Essentially I ended up with 3 popcorn trees, haha

Thanks everyone for all the invaluable help and maybe next year I can grow some killer plants, now that I've got a grow under my belt and will have time to actually watch over the little guys.

I belleive Some of us tried to help.It is good you have a grow and have gained some knowledge.Your Ideal on the drip was a good ideal.All thow you will not get a grow as if you were there to baby sit.In this case I would have not worried about giving it max nutes.I would have just changed the light skedule with ocean forest potting soil and put a low mix of flower.Pot is realy simple to grow it just takes patience.I can pute a plant out un atended for long amounts of time on a drip and give it just 2 feedings of a cup of miracle or something and let water do the rest or spread some maxsea dry on the top of the soil or something.In my opinion I would buy a MJ cultivation book and read it till its second nature that way when people try to help you have the knowledge to apply there knowledge with your own.But in any case dont give up and im sure your next grow will be even better.:thumb::peacetwo:

I'm not seeing any budsites. Maybe a few pistils here and there but you may want to chalk it up to experience. How long have the plants been in 12/12? Just because pistils brown, does not mean a plant is ready to harvest. It is when the trichomes turn amber (brown). They are tiny, resin glands that sparkle on the budsites and nearby leaves but they don't show up until your plants have been in a 12 hours on/ 12 hours off light cycle for about 1 month.

I don't see hardly any plant material that would normally be kept for consumption. Looks like a total loss. By the way, what are you using to move air in and out of the tent? I don't see any ventilation shown. If the plant does not get lots of fresh air or supplemented CO2, the plant cannot grow. The CO2 molecules are the actual building blocks that make the plant structures. Think of it as the bricks and mortar of a building. The nutrients help the plant with its chemical processes and the light provides the energy.

So it appears your environment was missing a critical component; lack of CO2 was the most likely culprit.

I don't see hardly any plant material that would normally be kept for consumption. Looks like a total loss. By the way, what are you using to move air in and out of the tent? I don't see any ventilation shown. If the plant does not get lots of fresh air or supplemented CO2, the plant cannot grow. The CO2 molecules are the actual building blocks that make the plant structures. Think of it as the bricks and mortar of a building. The nutrients help the plant with its chemical processes and the light provides the energy.

So it appears your environment was missing a critical component; lack of CO2 was the most likely culprit.

As monkey mentioned yes fresh circulating air is realy important.What you are trying to do is mimick out side conditions as much as possible.To me to be honest it looks like a case of root rought among possibly some other things.I dont see any bud or any sighns of maturity.If you descide to keep it going I would only feed molasses and a little super thrive may help.But in any case your not going to be saticfied.This is just my opinion and an ideal if you want some development.It would realy be best to start a new grow now that the heat wave seems to be over:peacetwo:

In my humble oppinion, these plants can still be brought to maturity...given much TLC...they are overwatered, over-fed, possibly light starved and stretchy, with root rot to some degree..... I would de-pot them, removing dead roots and flushing the live ones, then transplant back to a highly aireated(sp) loose soil stabilizing the main stem with hydroton, and use only ph balanced water for two to three days... then gradually add tiger bloom or some advanced nutes (liquid style) to my res and turn the water schedule in half...do this and come back in a month or so for winter break...worth a shot, MJ is a hearty plant once established and these have been really stressed and abused, so they will have a character all their own when you get your bud...dont ever give up!!! :goodluck:

I doubt CO2 was the culprit; most likely temperatures messed it up(since my attic is uninsulated and temps were ~110 in summer and ~45 degrees now)
The tent had a screened flap that I had a fan blowing out of constantly and my attic is vented so I'm sure it got plenty of CO2.
Either that or light, because I had to raise the light to a couple feet above the plant before I left, creating large internodal spaces and hence fluffy buds

This grow was entirely experimental, and it doesn't really bum me out that it flopped. I was away for a total of 2.5 months where the plants were completely unattended except for the drip irrigation machine I made.

I can't save it (I'm back at college, I cut it down over the weekend)
One of the plants was really sticky and smelled minty/skunky
So I have all the popcorn buds/green leaves/everything dried and put in a jar and when I get back I'm gonna try and make some cannabutter :)

I've learned a lot though and I'm psyched to try again next summer
thanks for all the comments guys!

I doubt CO2 was the culprit; most likely temperatures messed it up(since my attic is uninsulated and temps were ~110 in summer and ~45 degrees now)
The tent had a screened flap that I had a fan blowing out of constantly and my attic is vented so I'm sure it got plenty of CO2.
Either that or light, because I had to raise the light to a couple feet above the plant before I left, creating large internodal spaces and hence fluffy buds

This grow was entirely experimental, and it doesn't really bum me out that it flopped. I was away for a total of 2.5 months where the plants were completely unattended except for the drip irrigation machine I made.

I can't save it (I'm back at college, I cut it down over the weekend)
One of the plants was really sticky and smelled minty/skunky
So I have all the popcorn buds/green leaves/everything dried and put in a jar and when I get back I'm gonna try and make some cannabutter :)

I've learned a lot though and I'm psyched to try again next summer
thanks for all the comments guys!

If you were able to get some outside air into the grow space then CO2 would not have been the primary factor. Sticky is good. Dry them out and if you don't have a tolerance when you get back from college, you should be able to get an effect. :thumb:

Sorry to hear about the sacrifice of the ladies...anyway you did qualify this as experimental in the first post...good show, I will follow any other grow you may post. Also please remeber that alot of us are die-hard pot-heads with an overwhelming desire to SAVE THE PLANTS...at almost any and/or all costs...I have dedicated my entire existence to the perfection of an art not fully known...MJ Cultivation. Much luck in the future...

Thanks for sharing your grow with us, sorry for your loss!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Smoke Reports forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom