First Grow-Nirvana Snow White, Attic XXX

Re: First Grow-Nirvana Snow White, Attic Hydro LED grow

I've never used drippers before, just seemed like the logical way to figure the res size to me.

Read the last few pages of this journal and ask OB for his advise. He should know for sure.

Agent Green :smokin:

5 weeks and how many gallons do you plan to use?...

in out DW system 4 plants in bloom can use 2 1/5 gallons every other day.

two plants in my small box used 1gal every other day when in mid bloom..

granted this again is in a DW system but I'm sure it's not that much of a difference in the amount of water the plants will take up while in bloom

It's not until the end of the bloom that they start to slow down.

sorry to say but they will never make it if you don't get someone to help you out and check on them at least every other/third day...

good luck though...as my sig says,I will step away now.

+reps Slappy!

2 gal per day x 7 days x 5 weeks = 70 gals. If your girls are using that much water, you may want to look at 100 gal res. However if you are using the drip rings, I still think you should run 1 for 24hrs and see how much water it really uses based on the drip settings.

Then keep your fingers crossed to see what things look like when you get back. ;)
You are a Wild Scientist! :)

100 gallons? Jesus. Maybe I'll just grab a trash can and use that.

Thanks for the ideas guys, I do feel kind of like a mad scientist.

I have this dream that I come home and the buds are a perfect blend of 50/50 trichs and I chop them and smile but I have a feeling I may come home to a few wilted moldy dead things.

The plants are growing fine at least.

I think I detected a magnesium deficiency

When I first saw it (3 days ago) I began adding a 1/2 teaspoon/quart of epsom salt to my foliar spray (I spray 2x a day) but I haven't seen any improvement. I also watered them yesterday (they drank 2 liters total, but last time I watered was 4 days ago) with a half tablespoon of epsom in addition to their ferts. but today they are still a little yellow

Did I diagnose it correctly? How long does it take for the leaves to become green again and stop curling up? Should I give them more epsom? I was trying to be conservative after the nute burn from hydro

Pics:

IMG_48892.JPG
IMG_48871.JPG

i think i read somewhere that it might be to much n, but i don't know for sure, if i where you i would contact mostly crazy or roseman on this:thumb:

You plan on leaving for 5 wks and hope a drip system will keep them growing !? Did you ever think that if they do continue on growing for 5 wks that 3 plants in a small pot will work !! Try 3 3-5 gal buckets with a drip line for each ! if they make it they'll be nice and big ! However you will need more water in the last 2 wks than during the first 3 !!

you need a plant sitter if your going to leave them alone for 5 week imo
to much to go wrong, i agree they need to be in bigger pots for sure

I was just looking for insight into my nutrient deficiency

I know 5 weeks is a long time alone but its pissing me off now that people keep posting "it's not going to work". The same thing happened when i left them in the bubbler for three weeks and they were stunted by overfeeding but they stayed alive regardless. I came into this knowing full well it might not work and that I may end up with nothing to show and I have said this repeatedly. This grow is totally experimental. If you don't want to read the journal, don't read the journal.
I appreciate any criticism about my grow that I can fix (IE: pot's too small[I'm flowering them small so it shouldn't be an issue], too much/few nutes, lights too low/high) but posting comments that its not going to work don't help at all because its not like I'm just gonna go "Oh okay whatever" and throw out my plants.

Sorry to vent but people will not stop posting these comments, and I do apologize to the people posting real comments who are helping tons.

Peace, I'm gonna go foliar feed.

EDIT: on a positive note I think the feeding is helping. I turned off the LED and realized I thought it was getting worse but it was actually getting better.

Your frustration is understandable. Good luck on your grow. Automatic is tough while growing but why not try. You would be surprised how well a plant can do on lower nutes. That is the only thing I would caution you about. More plants have been killed by overnuting than any other cause.

:oops: sorry flyby just concerned thats all, you have mc here now , i think you may be ok, you rescued them from death once and reps for that

Been working OT this week, proly won't be around much. Glad you are gwetting it figured out. How much longer before you leave? I still look forward to see what happens when you return. :)

Sorry to hear you're swamped with work, good luck

I'm leaving Early Sept. And coming back mid october

so it will be mid/late bloom while I'm gone

I flowered them 2 days ago and I swear they grew 3 inches overnight the day I did. They were about 7 inches when I flowered, pretty small but my pot is small too, I really only want 1 medium-large cola per plant, no popcorn for me, but we'll see.

I'm still working out the dripper thing. I Want a drip ring to water them evenly but at the moment all I have is tubing and button drippers. Maybe I can poke small holes with pins and just ziptie it into a loop, closed off with the button dripper?

Check out the last few pages of this thread, he's got a really good dripper system and res that he DIY'd. It's copyed from HydroFarms and uses some of their parts. He made it a lot cheaper than buying the kits. ;)

SURPRISE

as if it wasn't enough that I left 3 weeks before, I was just away for these past 2 weeks
making this possibly the most unattended grow ever (probably not)
I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want people to say "oh they're gonna die!" again

BUT they look awesome! The mg deficiency is still evident in the lower leaves but the top ones look awesome and the growth of the main cola (well, can't really call it that yet) on the biggest plant is a sight for sore eyes.

I used about 12 gallons with a drip timer and the plants seemed fine
They had 4 drops of MG per quart (MG suggests 8-10, but that seemed excessive) and a half tablespoon of epsom per gallon

They are already starting to smell a little skunky :smokin:

comments, criticisms, all are encouraged. :peace:
PS: @Green007, I checked his journal but I couldn't find the irrigation? I saw he made a DIY hydro watering thing but that's not what you were talking about is it?

pics:
IMG_5066.JPG
IMG_5067.JPG
IMG_50682.JPG
IMG_5070.JPG
IMG_5071.JPG
IMG_5072.JPG
IMG_5075.JPG
IMG_5077.JPG
IMG_50792.JPG

It's Alive!!! :yahoo:

Just goes to show, it's hard to kill a weed!

Yep, the dbl res with drip ring is what I was referring too. :)

Back
Top Bottom