First Grow-Nirvana Snow White, Attic XXX

Re: First Grow-Nirvana Snow White, Attic Hydro LED grow

Ouch

Something dug up my guerilla plant

It didn't even eat the plant, it just ripped up the rockwool.

I replanted it and hopefully is survives

I also pissed around the area because I heard that's supposed to dissuade animals

hmm, we'll see

Its annoying to visit because I basically have to spend 10 minutes of pain pushing through thorn bushes to get there

the indoor guys are doing fine, more or less

damnit the plants are still getting the brown crispy leaves

I think its from the heat up there, we've been getting record highs and the plants are probably suffering

It seems like just as the plant puts out a new set of leaves the old set dies from the brown crunchiness

what can I do? don't they have temps like these outside in some places?

Will I get anything out of these plants or just end up with some lollipops before I even begin flowering

To me at this point the plant are on their own. Sounds like they have to rob from the bottom leaves to build the new ones and that indicate the roots are not established. Be patient with it and keep it watered evenly and maybe give it the light amount of nutes. Maybe lean on the flower nutes since they can promote room growth in soil. Got to get those roots working. It will happen but patience is a must. Remember you are growing weeds.

as dr. farnsworth would say... Good News Everyone!

The plants are looking much better since the transplant. I followed SeeMoreBud's guide to watering in that I wait until the top 3 inches are completely dry and then I water once until the water flows out of the pot's drainage holes, wait 45 mins, then again until it floods. I have the pot raised on bricks so there is plenty of room for the water to drain in the tents catch tray and it adds to the humidity. I have been using very little nutrients (Miracle Gro recommends 8-10 drops to a quart, I do 1-2) and so far only have to water every 4 or 5 days.

The leaves are looking very green and the brown crunchiness has yet to reappear so I think it might have been overfeeding after all and not the heat of the attic

mind you, they have been growing pretty slowly so I'm sure the heat is stunting them a little bit, but they are looking better every day.

My only concern is the 5 weeks I'll be away at college while they flower :S

Heat shouldn't be a problem since summer is over but I'm worried my irrigation system won't have enough water, and I'm also not sure how much to give them if I'm doing it daily as opposed to every few days

While I worry about this you guys can enjoy some pictures:
IMG_4864.JPG
IMG_48651.JPG
IMG_4866.JPG
IMG_4867.JPG
IMG_4868.JPG

Plants are still looking great!
They've taken to the soil well and seem to be doing fine
I watered them today and the tent was really humid (you can see the fog on my camera)
I'm thinking of flowering them on the 9th... how does that sound? Should leave me with 9 weeks between start of flowering and when I can come home to harvest.

Also let me know if you guys have any ideas about watering while I'm gone, soil should need less attention but 5 weeks is even longer than the first time
I just wish things had gone according to schedule (but they never do, do they?)
IMG_4883.JPG
IMG_4884.JPG
IMG_4885.JPG

Your plant will never make 5 weeks in soil with out watering. Should have left them in the hydro system If you never intend to be around.

Glad the plants are coming around. Are far as watering, you need to figure out how much water is used everyday with your drip system and then multiply that by how many days you'll be gone. Then I would go a few gallons bigger then your needs to be safe. I hope your drippers don't clog while you are gone. Best of Luck bro.

Glad the plants are coming around. Are far as watering, you need to figure out how much water is used everyday with your drip system and then multiply that by how many days you'll be gone. Then I would go a few gallons bigger then your needs to be safe. I hope your drippers don't clog while you are gone. Best of Luck bro.

Thanks for the help, Green. You sure were right when you said they would come back with a vengeance!

I'll follow your advice when I leave. Should I just turn the dripper on until water starts to drip out the drain holes, and say that that is how much they need everyday? Or should I subtract some from that? I'm guessing they'll also need more as they get bigger but I don't think there's any way I can control that.

Also if anyone has used a drip irrigation for soil before should I put the button dripper a few inches under the soil or just on top

Back
Top Bottom