First Grow-Nirvana Snow White, Attic XXX

Re: First Grow-Nirvana Snow White, Attic Hydro LED grow

Using flower nutes at this stage? I'd switch to veg nutes. That may have contributed to the yellowing leaf but no harm done.

Noooooo
I mean flower nutes in the reservoir that will pump stuff in while I'm away

not the Deep Water Culture reservoir. that has 1/4th strength veg nutes

I was just wondering, should I put veg nutes in when I switch to flowering so it will slowly fade to flower nutes as they are pumped in while I'm away or just start off flowering with flower nutes

Ahhh it must be the ganja

Here, I'll make this as simple as possible

I am leaving in July
I have 2 reservoirs: One is Deep Water Culture, one is extra

The EXTRA is to supply my plant with nutrients and water while I am away 3 weeks in july

In the Deep Water Culture one, I have 1/4 strength veg nutes+ epsom
In the extra, I have 3/4 strength flower nutes+ epsom

This is because I will only turn the extra one on once I leave, at which point I will go 12/12 (and begin pumping the flower nutes and water from the extra into my Deep Water Culture reservoir)

What I was wondering is when I leave (and turn 12/12) should I immediately switch to flower nutes (place flower nutes in the Deep Water Culture reservoir) or leave veg nutes in the Deep Water Culture system so the nutes from my Extra reservoir will gradually flow in and turn it to mostly flower nutes

flybyshooting, I wish you the best of luck but leaving them for 3 wks ? I hope you don't come back and find 3 dead plants that would be a real bummer. Don't you have someone you could trust to stop by and check things out ? I left for 3 days to go snowboarding and was in a panic ,and my GF was stopping over to check temps , ph , etc. I don't know if I could enjoy myself thinking about them ! Maybe you could hook up a video cam on your pc so you could monitor them !?? Again good luck hope you come back and there 3 ft tall ,hmm reminds me whos going to raise your lights as they get taller ?!

Yeah no people have suggested I get someone to come over but there's really nobody close enough that I trust (I have people that I trust but they are like 4 hours away?)
I was thinking of the cam but I'm gonna be in a 3rd world country with no internet so that would be kind of useless and besides all I could do would be like "oh damn they look tall, wish I was there to adjust the lights" or something of the sort.

Also its indica dominant and I don't expect it to grow more than a couple feet and even if it does touch my lights they are LED's which are barely warm to the touch so I doubt they will burn up

OK, now I understand (still buzzed though). Yeah, I'd load the BP with veg nutes and have it self convert to flower nutes. It will be an experiment. I'd fill the bp with about 7 gallons instead of the 6 and fill the back-up to max. Do you have some sort of float valve to call water from one res to another? I have a feeling they will reach for those lights. Good thing it's a led and can do no harm.

can't set it to over 6 gallons because that's where the overflow valve is

I don't need a float valve to control the water, because I have an overflow and the water is brought in via pump
take a look at the setup again:

IMG_4054.JPG

That one on the bottom is the extra reservoir. It pumps water up with a fountain pump and the little tube sticking out (covered with epoxy) is the overflow, feeding back into the reservoir

Check my sig for the pictorial thread, but calcium I believe kinda seems to partner with the mag def. where the calcium makes the leaf brighter and lose its color as well as break down some of the leaf while the mag makes the tips brown and start to crease up. Like mostly said, if you can snag some calmag do it , saves grows and plants lives! Hope it works out my friend.

SG

Strange it doesn't really look like the calcium or magnesium pics, more like phosphorus or nitrogen if anything
Well I don't really have time to get calmag cause I'm leaving tomorrow
I already have magnesium in there from the epsom
What if I crush in a Tum's or something for calcium? Or is that a really stupid idea?

Could it be heat stress? It's in the attic and the temps there can get into the high 90s

Could be heat, not really sure. MC knows his stuff though. Your leaving this experiment go tomorrow. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. How long are you gone again?

Well calcium defiency can do what I see happening. To much mag can cause calcium lock up also. I'd drain and run clear water for a couple of days and see if the problem stops. Either get some cal-mag or start using the epsom salts as a foliar feed once every day instead of in the tank. The problem is not as bad as you think it is. Just a little adjustment needed here.

Back
Top Bottom