First Grow-Nirvana Snow White, Attic XXX

Re: First Grow-Nirvana Snow White, Attic Hydro LED grow

What do you think will happen to it if I do nothing?
it won't grow sideways will it? :S

No it will be fine.I think your going to have a slow start but be patient.I would recomend reading your stealth hydro insructions and rosemans tips and then read them again.Place a cfl above your plants use less water just a little mist if rock wool seems dry.Oxygen needs to get into the wool.A humidity dome will work cups ext.to keep rock wool moist until you see roots.No fert at this time.The plant will streighten out as it grows to the cfl.May work with led but not sure some leds may be to much for the sprout to handle.:reading420magazine:

They are looking spectacularly healthy!

So green, not a yellow or brown spot anywhere (except the cotyledons).

The 2nd nodes on the first 2 are developing quite well, I think the others will have developed them in a few days and soon I can begin using nutrients!

I drained and refilled the res today with regular pHed water, a little bit of airstone and hydroton dust at the bottom but the water was clear (maybe a little foggy) and smelled fine

I also put in another wet towel, on the floor of the tent, with a bowl of water sitting on it as someone suggested.

It was so hot today that the tent felt like a rainforest -- seriously a good thing I got that LED, it was barely warm to the touch!

PICS:
IMG_40041.JPG
IMG_40061.JPG
IMG_40051.JPG
IMG_40081.JPG

One of them has sprouted, one is close
just waiting for the little guy now, i put him closer to the cfl
IMG_3899.JPG
IMG_39002.JPG

Also still hoping someone can answer this:

The ppm measurment is for the resevoir your plants will be feeding from.I like a lot of bubbles so i added another air stone to keep things sirculating.Its also a good ideal to wash your hydroton threw a strainer to get all the dust off.Not sure if it will affect the plants but will keep pumps cleaner.Looking good so far Plants realy grow fast in this set up.Yes you also need a fan the goal is to duplicate conditions of an out side environment muggy inclosed room temps is not good.I also run my air pumps out side of my tent.Plants in hail co2 but they breath out oxygen so you half to swich the air out.Even in tropics there is a cool breez?Fresh air is realy important in my opinion just as important as light.The only time you realy want to close things up is if temps are ideal and your running co2:reading420magazine::peacetwo:

Thanks MostlyCrazy, I guess I'll tape them down

Is it already time for a fan ? I was going to wait until flowering, I thought that the fan would reduce humidity or something

I mean I have one set up and ready to go, but i was going to wait

You always want a breeze on your ladies. Helps them grow strong so they can carry the weight of their buds.. shouldn't reduce humidity since it blows around same air not bring in fresh air.

I like an oscellation fan for between the top of the plant and the light. That way I get the movement without any chance of wind damage of drying out the plant. You can turn it on low when they are small and push them around on high when they get bigger.

I'd disagree a bit with it not affecting humidity. If the tank is raised and the fan is at level then yes you are pushing around "old" air. If the res is just sitting on blocks and the fan is on the floor it does/can suck new air in and will reduce the humidity slightly. I mist mine several times a day to compensate and get as much humidity as reasonably possible during veg.

nice always wanted to see led/hydro setup going hope it turns out good 4 u

Somehow the pH of my reservoir got up to 7?!?
Or maybe the indicator just looked green after seeing the LED light
well I balanced it until it was 6 (turned off the LED and Made sure my eyes were adjusted, hehe)

I also hooked up the fan, its oscillating right over the tops of the plants
The first 2 are doing great, I can already see the 3rd node developing! (leaves 5+6 not counting cotyledons)

However they just got weird yellowish brown spots on the tips (is this nitrogen deficiency?)
I can't really fix it because my two other babies aren't ready for nutes, what do I do? Selectively foliar feed them?

Also I made a diy CO2 generator to help them along
Pics!
IMG_40112.JPG
IMG_40123.JPG
IMG_40141.JPG

See the damage? its kind of out of focus:
IMG_4022.JPG
IMG_40281.JPG

Could be, are you giving them any nutes now? Maybe try 1/16 dose and see how they do. Did you get your fan in there like MC suggested?

You can't have any defiencies yet. They have been running on their own power up to now and babies generally look weird when they first come out! LOL!

You can wait on the nutes until all are ready or you can selectively foliar feed the most advanced with as Agent Green says about a 1/16 or possibly a 1/8th strength solution. If you do that, spray them lightly and then wait till the next day to see how they do. No harm and/or no effect mean you can spray them lightly again. When they all have 2 sets of leaves you can then treat the tank.

Everything's doing alright
pH was 6.5, rebalanced to between 5.5 and 6.0
my CO2 bottle is working, I shook it and it almost exploded, like it was a carbonated drink or something
fan has really helped keep the temps down, surprisingly, which is nice

Plants are really taking off
I can see the beginning of the 2nd set of leaves on the new guys, how big do they have to be for 1/4 strength nutes?
I turned the outlet back up to full for the drowning one too, i figured he was ready

Here are pics (I got the camera to focus for once on the first pics!)
IMG_4035.JPG
IMG_4036.JPG
IMG_4038.JPG

New Guys:
IMG_40392.JPG
IMG_4041.JPG

Back
Top Bottom