First Grow-Nirvana Snow White, Attic XXX

Re: First Grow-Nirvana Snow White, Attic Hydro LED grow

Alright I will try that, thanks Roseman. Do you suggest that once they grow a second set of leaves I mist with low strength nutes as well or just stick to pHed water? I also removed the covers for shooting pictures, though I don't have one yet for the newest member

All 4 have sprouted today!

Even the new guy, amazingly fast

The grownups don't really even seem to have grown.

Topped off the water, the leak is now fixed, and the pH is around 6 (yellow with GH indicator)
IMG_39622.JPG
IMG_39581.JPG
IMG_39552.JPG

I just realized I have to wait until all 4 plants show nodes to fertilize :(

Alright I will try that, thanks Roseman. Do you suggest that once they grow a second set of leaves I mist with low strength nutes as well or just stick to pHed water?

I'd stick with pH balanced water while they re sprouts or seedlings.
I know but thats why I asked if when they grow a second set of leaves?

Plants are looking pretty healthy
the first seed one (top right) was getting overwatered so I turned down its tube pressure a little
The new guy has already put out first leaves, but is also pretty short and it decided to grow at a 90 degree angle for some reason.
pH and everything is all squared away
2nd leaves are growing but they are tiny and not growing as fast as I had hoped. I hope the plants grow big enough by July, or else I'm gonna have some tiny nugs

You want to put them into flower first thing in July? they will not be ready. They will probably be 2nd node by then, Maybe. Gotta be patient man. this isn't something you can rush.

As for your 90 degree plant. don't you hate when they do stupid stuff! I have one seedling growing into a knot, more or less. which is like, WTF - really? Really? your going to grow into a knot... Why do they have to mess with us when all we want to do is love them? Woman, what can you say!

Those RW cubes still look really saturated. I should be only slightly moist on top of the cube. Excess water can cause slower growth. You want them to search for the water. Perhaps a move of the feeder tubes to the lowest part of the rw cube is in order.

I misted them right before I took the picture, that's why they look so moist
normally they aren't that wet, my feeder tubes are barely 1/4 of the way up

Also I need to flower them July 1st b/c I'm leaving on vacation
If I veg them those 3 weeks I'm away they won't be finished flowering when I go back to college.

So far I've been comparing mine to SeeMoreBuds' "Buds for Less" grow
Mine are around day 5-6 and he only vegged for 16 days and got 3 oz from his 1 plant
I have 9 days left so if I'm lucky I should get to around day 14 of his journal
He says:
"Why force the plants into flowering so early? CFL's have limited penetration.[So do LEDs] They cannot maintain a healthy plant larger than 20 inches. Many new indoor growers think a bigger plant means bigger buds. Well they may be right, but more buds do not mean a larger yield. A large plant grown under CFL may have many small fluffy buds, most weighing less than .5 grams. A smaller plant can produce buds weighing 1-15 grams!"

Of course, he is an experienced grower and he makes money from his journals, but he also grew in soil so I'm hoping I can stay even. (I don't need 3 oz per plant though)

Woops forgot pics:
IMG_39861.JPG
IMG_39902.JPG
IMG_3987.JPG
IMG_39931.JPG

Good choice with the earoponics.I am also using this method.I have found if you get some clear plastic cups you can put them over your nets to get the perfect amount of moisture to your seedlings.Dont forget to poke holes in the top of your cups thow.You should have a perfect mix of oxygen and water.Try not to keep your rock wool so saturated so that there is no oxygen getting to the root zone if using a spray bottle only takes a little bit.I have also found using about 50 ppm of fox farm bloom will help with root health after seedling is astablished.Most important is to be patient follow your feeding charts when time to give nutes.Start around 50-100ppm for veg and raise the ppm up 50-100 parts each time you change res.:thumb:

I can try that, I'm worried I'll knock it over though lol

When do you shift the humidity down?
I know you want it high for veg, low for flower, but is it immediate or do you wait till you see bud sites forming

Also just found some Epsom Salts in my laundry room, might be handy if I get Mg deficiency b/c I don't have any calmag

When I turn to flower I take out the humidifier and increase the amount of air in the room. Snap!

Be careful with the epson salts. Add a little at a time over several days. Make sure they are completely mixed.

You could take a straw and slice it up the middle to wrap around that little guy to prop her up if it really bugs you. Or anything to hold her up alittle. Just a thought, but not absolutely necessary.

Back
Top Bottom