First Grow: Northern Light A/F & Durban Poison F

Early stages of light burn started to show up at the tips of new leaves.
View media item 1563065
Soil was also a little dry. I sprayed some water to the ground and turned off big light. Raised it a little but didn’t open.

View media item 1563066
I connected one economy bulb plus one another one white one yellow. And two 3w yellow led 2700K each.

View media item 1563067
Connected with timer so I am thinking of using this setup for a while. What do you say?

I would still say that surely isn't light burn. Check my second grow if not too lazy :) I had some crazy looking leaves in the beginning, because of high humidity and temps.
Yeah, if the soil is dry you can water it a bit, but I'd rather do it with a spoon or something. Spraying only moistens the top of the soil, and the roots are lower.
Anyway, don't sweat it. By the looks of her, she is more than capable of handling all this.

Ok l read yours. So my problem could be low humidity or hot environment. Soil is not very well but should be good enough for now, I think.

Any suggestions to increase humidity? I will think of changing soil later if symptoms continue.

I will put fan this week.

Ok l read yours. So my problem could be low humidity or hot environment. Soil is not very well but should be good enough for now, I think.

Any suggestions to increase humidity? I will think of changing soil later if symptoms continue.

I will put fan this week.
Your problem could be HIGH and not low humidity, in combination with higher temps. Mine was having problems while I kept her under the dome (dew around leaf edges) and recovered after I ditched the dome and repot her.
Place a thermometer and hygrometer near your plants and see what they read at different times of the day.
Also, don't overreact :) it won't die in a day, nor it will recover. She will grow out of it eventually.
Also, you can download the Aperture Meter app, and check how much lux the plant receives from your light, to rule the light factor out for sure.

I am slowly starting to blame soil. Because some dirty soil was mixed in the begging I’ve changed the soil but didn’t get too close to roots. And there is also problem with new soil which is poor drainage and clayish structure. Now I am thinking of mixing some perlite to soil? How about this :)

Bottom leaves’ yellow parts are getting bigger continuously. New tips also will have same issue.

This one is a real challenge. Not high humidity, not heath. Reason behind my plants leaves’ color is maybe some elemental inappropriateness like rich in that poor in this... or since I’m sure that humid level is not high then maybe poor humidity is the reason? It is at least one of the reason of being kind of a short.
Before saying more here are some photos, first one is without flash.

As you see plants leaves look matured as plant seems a little so too. I think reason behind this is low humidity and the main reason is tone of the light. I guess blue tone of light could be higher or maybe need to attach some yellow light here and there.

I am not thinking soil is too bad, someway good indeed. But maybe need to add something. I don’t give water mixing all the soil in the box couple of times in a day...

She is growing steadily but this lack of mineral or moisture or “light burn” is staying here. I am open for suggestions.

Maybe going to be a little dwarf?

Guyzzz i fucking am too clumsy, I guess:))

I’ve changed soil. I know my problem was soil. So now it is totally torf and perlite mixture. There is some soil stabilator like stuff. In rich houses we see this stuff in the pots. So hope it will do. While transferring I wasted some roots. Deepest root is broken. A week passed and she shows some growth. I think it was too early to transfer but I had to do it.

Less talk more business.... here she is just before transfer and just after that.

And today. After a week. She is three and a half weeks old.

I am not spraying water. But covering it with a transparent nylon, to keep environment moist. that photo is just after uncovering that’s why there is water. I am not doing that always. Last week was half covered half open.

And hey there is one good news, new tips doesn’t show burn.

I am thinking of cutting old, almost dead leaves. They are first set of single leaves. Here:

Any suggestions? Should I cut if off?

By the way my other seeds didn’t germinate. I’ve wasted three or four northern lights. Trying to get one but they don’t want to join family. Yet. Next week another attempt will be on.

And I will cut off dead leaves.

As I said in the beginning, hope she will survive me!

By the way my other seeds didn’t germinate. I’ve wasted three or four northern lights. Trying to get one but they don’t want to join family. Yet. Next week another attempt will be on.

And I will cut off dead leaves.

As I said in the beginning, hope she will survive me!
New growth looks healthy! Look forward cuz ya can't change the past. Should recover just fine. Auto or photo?

Back
Top Bottom