First grow - Sea of Green style

I'm growing without recirculating the air at all. I don't have to worry about venting the (stinky) air outside my grow room. I don't have to worry about bringing hot or cold air into my grow room causing my temps to fluctuate. I do this by adding co2 into the room. Yeah, your probally saying to yourself I don't wanna bother with all the equipment and that bulky tank and stuff. Well, you dont have to. I've been testing out this product called excellofizz. I must say, it has been working extremely well thus far. I'm about 1 week into flower and I havent had results like this since I've started growing. I've had massive growth in the first 3 weeks. I started flowering at 3.5 weeks. most of the plants were about 20 inches tall already. I am growing hydro, that does help as far as the speed of growth. But this crop by far has been the most fruitful as far as branch growth and all around appearance of my plants.

You can read up on excellofizz here.

Day 4. Also installed ventilation. One fan & tubing from menards - under 20 bucks. Hooked to a 2 inch hole in ceiling.
First_Grow_11_04_2006_001.jpg

First_Grow_11_04_2006_002.jpg

Here's the first to sprout. And so it begins...
First_Grow_11_04_2006_003.jpg

Currently I am watering once in the morning and then spraying the roots and leaves with carbonated water right before the lights go off. I let the soil saturate till damp, and make sure that it is pretty dry before watering again. Any suggestions?
:passitleft:

IT'S ON! Don't overdo it with the water keep em moist not soggy.Can't wait to see em grow! How close is your mh from the top of the pots?
Thanks man - the mh is about 3 and a half to 4 feet from the pots - it does get pretty warm in there so the soil does dry up pretty fast, at least the top layer. I was considering a humidifier to keep the air/leaves moist, but I don't want to overdue it right off the bat. I was planning on veggin til about 2 - 2.5 feet, then swap bulbs for flowering. You think I should just say screw it and get the humidifier now? It gets awfully dry in a Chicago winter.

I'd of thought your space would have been well ventilated seeing you even fixed up your own, im a big fan of usin the empty space under the stairs although i don't in my house your's is pretty nice id like to put some cool fluoro's to the test or get with a 150 250 watt mh and use that extra space for some clone's i thought about this one time when i planned on usin the empty space under the stair's in my house but i had an extra closet for flowering.

Ok so I was at the store this morning and saw a humidifier for $20. Definitely makes a difference under the basement stairs where the air is always dry. The little ladies just seem happier. I'll take some pics in a day or two to show progress.

Ok, it's been about 2 and a half weeks since I've last posted. Pics are waiting for approval right now. Quick question: It won't be obvious in the pics (I don't think) but the very tips of a few leaves are starting to turn yellow or light brown (like a small part was ripped off- spidermites maybe?). Just simmer on it for a while until the pics get approved......
:bong:

g3tblunt said:
nutrient burn!

I don't think so - I haven't given any nutes yet and I'm using New Plant Life Organic Peat Moss, NPL composted manure, vermiculite, and perlite. Soil is damp/saturated, but not soggy.

Here are a few pics - 9 total plants (my 1st grow all from seeds germinated 11/2), 6 Mandala White Satin & 3 White Widow

First_Grow_11_26_2006_3WW_6MWS1.jpg

First_Grow_11_26_2006_MWS21.jpg

First_Grow_11_26_2006_WW1.jpg

So what can I do to improve them?

You have a nice hidden setup and your plants look like they are doing well. I suggest buying some common fish emulsion to feed them through the veg. stage, because eventually they will use up the nutirents in the manure. Then you could switch to your bloom fert. for flowering. I would also recommend flowering them at about 6 nodes to keep them short and bushy. If you flower too tall, you will outgrow your space and your light. Whatever you are doing, your doing it right, keep it green.

probly just a little nute burn from the manure nothin to worry about though.I was gonna tell you to move the mh a little closer ,but they seem to be doing fine.Hows the temp?you could get away with 2ft away from tops of plant if temps are good.

The only thing I don't have down there is a thermometer, but the temp feels like it's in the low to mid eighties. It has been a few weeks, but I wasn't planning on giving any nutes until budding. Just paranoid that all in the soil will be used up by then and/or I'm not getting the most during veg.

Also, not sure when (if I even need to) transplant. They're currently 4.4 qt containers, and I'm planning to induce flowering at about 2 feet tall.

So what do you guys think?

One more question, what type of yield do you guys estimate I might be able to get from this grow?

Sea of Green by definition means short bushy plants, usually clones. If you flower at 2 feet you may end up with 5 foot monsters you cannot house or light properly.

I like your set up.. I was just wondering where you buy your seeds from. I know of a couple seedbank weebsites but Im not sure how safe it would be to buy them. Keep me posted on your set up...:bongrip:

1stTymeGrower said:
I like your set up.. I was just wondering where you buy your seeds from. I know of a couple seedbank weebsites but Im not sure how safe it would be to buy them. Keep me posted on your set up...:bongrip:
Thanks - as most on this forum has stated, one of the best is
dope-seeds.com
Stealth-packed and quick shipping.

RooRman said:
Sea of Green by definition means short bushy plants, usually clones. If you flower at 2 feet you may end up with 5 foot monsters you cannot house or light properly.
My setup originally was Sea of Green, w/ some shelves and all (old pics on page 1)... just too difficult to set up under basement stairs; so I took a lot of advice and switched set up to how it is presently. I've heard that Mandala White Satin is great for Sea of Green, and my White Widows are growin' a little slower - so I figured 2 feet would be ok. They're currently 4 feet from the light fixture (MH/HPS).

they are 4 feet away from the light? Your only using about 1/16 of the available lumens if that. I place my 1000watt HPS about 12 inches away from my plants. You need to get it closer. If temps are a prob then you need to increase ventilation but to properly utilize your light you need to get it closer. I would put a light 3 or 4 feet away for brand new seedlings or clones but not established plants

Back
Top Bottom