First Grow - Soil - Lemon Kush - Power Flower

tiger87

Welcome to my grow journal.

Moved to a new city (no medical shops) and decided that growing a couple plants would be more fun than finding somewhere to get the end product. This is my first time growing so any tips/pointers are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Some Details:
strain #1: Lemon Kush feminized (indica sativa blend)
strain #2: Royal Queen Power Flower feminzed (indica sativa blend)
Indoor grow
soil: 50/50 happy-frog/FFOF
final pot size: 3 gal (currently in solo cups)
Box Temperature kept between 70-80F
RH: ~50%
veg on 18/6 for 7-8 weeks (planned)
flower on 12/12 for 8-9 weeks (planned)

Grow Box, yes I know it's not ideal but it is what I could afford to put together (still getting some of the details worked out):
Grand Wardrobe box - 2x2x4 ft
mylar lined walls
2 x 135W LED light sets (do I need more light? - definitely not going with MH or HPS)
4 inch home-made exhaust system
two 4x4 in passive intake covered with air-filter material

Start Date (Day 1): Wed Jan 22, 2014
Seeds were placed between wet paper-towels for ~18 hours then transferred to soil. I wasn't sure how wet to make the paper-towels so I figured I would just plant them the same way I have panted every other thing I have ever grown (mostly mint and basil). I kept the soil damp, and provided no light until day 4 or so. Since then light has been on 18/6.

Today (Day 7): Wed Jan 29, 2014
Both have broken through the soil, but neither have fully shed their shells. The Lemon Kush is a bit taller and maybe a day or so ahead of the Power-Flower. Pretty psyched both seem to have taken to the soil well.

Will get some pictures up soon.

Day 8:
Lemon Kush is looking good with a couple little leaves starting to grow.

Power Flower is still trying to shed her seed shell.

here are some pictures as promised.
Lemon Kush

Power Flower

box (sorry for the sideways ones)

Day 9:
Lemon Kush: growing like a champ
Power Flower: definitely shy, but finally opening up a bit

LK

PF

Day 11:
Lemon Kush still growing nicely.
Power Flower is growing, but much more slowly than LK.

So the whole wardrobe box thing has been nothing but trouble, and in retrospect was probably a waste of time and money from the beginning. I have a 36x20x62 tent coming in tomorrow and I am pretty excited to get it setup and running. I plan to make up a homemade carbon filter with some ducting and a 6 inch inline duct fan.

Will the 2 135W LEDs be enough light or should I add a few 6500K CFLs?

LK

PF

Day 14:

So finally got the tent put in (see pictures) and it is an infinitely better setup than the box.

Both of the plants are looking pretty good. When should I transfer them to a larger planter?

Tent

LK

PF

Day 18:
Got my babies into their new homes (two 3gallon pots with 50/50 FFOF/Happy Frog). Setup the second LED light so now each plant is under a 135W LED set. I am still thinking about installing 2 or 3 medium size (40-60W) 6500K CFLs per plant, but am unsure if it is necessary (any thoughts?).

Lemon Kush: this one has lots of leaf growth, but the oldest leaves seem to be drooping pretty bad (see picture). Is this something to worry about at all?When I transplanted there fair amount of root pushed up against the cup, could this have been the problem? At this point I am planning to hold off on the nutes for another 2-3 weeks.

Power Flower: She is looking great with several leaves starting to spring out. The leaves on this one seem to all be longer and thinner than the LK. I am just working under the assumption that this has more to do with plant strain than anything else as they have pretty much been right next to each other and the soil came from the same bag.

New Setup:
new_home9.jpg

LK:
LK_day18_1.jpg

LK_day18_2.jpg

LK_day18_4.jpg

PF:
PF_day18_1.jpg

PF_day18_2.jpg

PF_day18_3.jpg

Subbed. I'm doing the same grow, ordered Lemon Kush from Herbies and got the Royal Queen Power Flower as a freebie. Mine are 10 days old. Good Luck with your grow!!!

Here is a pic of my LK:
20140210_194737.jpg

Sub.... Looking good.... Thanks for stopping by!!!!!! :grinjoint:

Thanks for the info on the LED height and welcome :welcome:

Subbed. I'm doing the same grow, ordered Lemon Kush from Herbies and got the Royal Queen Power Flower as a freebie. Mine are 10 days old. Good Luck with your grow!!!

Looking good man and welcome to my grow. What kind of setup do you have (lights, soil, nutes etc) looking forward to having a good comparison.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom