First Grow: White Widow Autoflower

Ok so this is the beginning of week 9 from seed. About 4 maybe 5 weeks to go. Having a little bit of a battle trying to keep humidty down hopefully 52 is ok
20210606_210831.jpg
20210606_210822.jpg
20210606_210818.jpg
20210606_210756.jpg
Looking good now the hard part waiting and watching for that harvest window.

Yeah when I started the first one a friend told me the worst part was waiting for the buds to finish. That's one of the main reasons I started the next one so soon hoping it would distract me and take up some time.

Also quick question for you. Do you think the 450 watt led light is going to be good for the 4x4 tent? I had someone on another forum tell me that I had about half of the lighting that I need for that size tent but the light says it has a 4x4 flower footprint so I'm not sure who to believe the manufacturer or some dude on a grow forum

Also quick question for you. Do you think the 450 watt led light is going to be good for the 4x4 tent? I had someone on another forum tell me that I had about half of the lighting that I need for that size tent but the light says it has a 4x4 flower footprint so I'm not sure who to believe the manufacturer or some dude on a grow forum
There are more experienced growers that can give a better answer than me @Emilya @Bill284

Hello @Costanza great pic in your sig. :thumb:
What is the actual draw on that light?
I have 3 900w in a 4x8 tent.
Thats 1350w in half 4'.
I could still use more in there.
There are sponsors here that have lights specifically for 4x4 tents.
There are other discussions on the topic I can get you a link too if you would like.
Bill

Hello @Costanza great pic in your sig. :thumb:
What is the actual draw on that light?
I have 3 900w in a 4x8 tent.
Thats 1350w in half 4'.
I could still use more in there.
There are sponsors here that have lights specifically for 4x4 tents.
There are other discussions on the topic I can get you a link too if you would like.
Bill
TY for helping out I still have a great deal to learn about lighting

a quick rule of thumb is shoot for between 35 - 50w of true draw per sq/ft. true draw is what the rig actually pulls from the wall socket, not a mfgrs equivalency claim. if it isn't stated, the true draw should be close to what the driver specs are, which should be printed on the driver itself.

the 35 - 50w number is trending a bit lower these days as led gains efficiency. i would say it is closer to 25w sq/ft these days. there are other better parameters to measure led efficacy, such as ppfd, but the watt draw will get you in to the neighbourhood without too much fuss.

i built and sold cob led rigs for a few yrs and previously worked with led in another industry.

for comparison i run a 600w cob rig in about a 4x4. works out to 37.5w per sq/ft and is overkill for the space. i use dimmers and i rarely run above 75% and never above 90%. so i am using 450 - 540w total for the space,

Looking good @Costanza

Something I noticed that is still very early is, the start of cal-mag deficiency.

I could be wrong, but are you starting to see some light dark spots on some of the leaves?

If not I apologize, my glasses probably need cleaned. :rofl:

Tok..
Yeah it started showing up a few weeks ago on the shorter one that's in the coco loco medium. I added a little cal mag but I think I was too late

Thank you for the replies. I just cant Express how much I love this forum. Before I started growing I went into other forums and asked many questions and I almost didnt start growing because I dealt with a lot of difficult people that often made me question how stoners could be so harsh and cruel to one another. This forum has not only brought me much joy with growing, but also renewed my faith in the human race. Thanks again guys

There are more experienced growers that can give a better answer than me @Emilya @Bill284
dudes and dudettes on the growing forums are probably the MOST informed, having actually used those lights and compared them to other growing systems. The manufacturer typically just wants to sell more lights and of course, in their eyes their lights would have no flaws.

If 450 w is your actual draw, you have an adequate light, but about half what you need to equal the old standard, a 1000w HID bulb. Back in the HID day, I would run 1200w of HPS and MH power in my 4x4 bloom tent. Today I run about 1200w of LED actual wattage, and I have better light than I did in the old days, and can cover more area. If your light is simply rated the same as 450w of HID, but actually is drawing much less than that from the wall, it is going to be even less adequate for the job.

dudes and dudettes on the growing forums are probably the MOST informed, having actually used those lights and compared them to other growing systems. The manufacturer typically just wants to sell more lights and of course, in their eyes their lights would have no flaws.

If 450 w is your actual draw, you have an adequate light, but about half what you need to equal the old standard, a 1000w HID bulb. Back in the HID day, I would run 1200w of HPS and MH power in my 4x4 bloom tent. Today I run about 1200w of LED actual wattage, and I have better light than I did in the old days, and can cover more area. If your light is simply rated the same as 450w of HID, but actually is drawing much less than that from the wall, it is going to be even less adequate for the

If 450 w is your actual draw, you have an adequate light, but about half what you need to equal the old standard, a 1000w HID bulb. Back in the HID day, I would run 1200w of HPS and MH power in my 4x4 bloom tent. Today I run about 1200w of LED actual wattage, and I have better light than I did in the old days, and can cover more area. If your light is simply rated the same as 450w of HID, but actually is drawing much less than that from the wall, it is going to be even less adequate for the job.
Thanks for the reply Emilya, your watering technique saved my first plants life. Good luck on your gsc grow I've been following it daily

The driver says 458 from the wall, I'm hoping that will be enough.

that should be adequate. you could go a touch bigger but i see no reason the current one won't work fine. Sf is a good brand usually built of decent components.
there's always the option to upgrade or add to it in the future if you feel like trying it.

that should be adequate. you could go a touch bigger but i see no reason the current one won't work fine. Sf is a good brand usually built of decent components.
there's always the option to upgrade or add to it in the future if you feel like trying it.
yeah I'm gonna run with it for now. worst case scenario I have to add another light but I'm only gonna be growing 4 autos in the tent and I have them in the middle in a 3x3 area so its more of a 3x3 coverage area in a 4x4 tent. Could be an issue if I wanna go with more plants in the future though

Widow 2 and 3 are so different. 2 is shorter with more compact nodes and was my experiment and germinated in recharge. She sprouted 6 days earlier than #3 but her main stem snapped in half during lst and tape could not resurrect her. #3 really stretched a lot and looks like it will produce more popcorn than #2 but the buds look different and look to be developing better than #2 with a deeper orange color and stronger smell. Both have been given 30ml of terponator for the past 2 weeks each feeding so I'm not sure why 3 smells and looks better than 2 even though 2 has bigger thicker buds that look like they were produce twice the yield. Top pic is widow 2 and bottom is widow 3
16231769176963494388355449883012.jpg
16231769461876120951950607567419.jpg

Back
Top Bottom