First indoor grow: advice needed

Spanikopita

420 Member
I'm doing my first indoor grow, I've grown out doors several times but due to wife and kids I've now had to go undercover growing in the middle of winter in an outdoor garden shed.

I have done my best to maintain temps with a tubular heater (77 Fahrenheit 25 celcius) but on at least one occasion due to cold my grow tent temp dropped to around 65. I have since added another heater and thermo switch to better maintain.

My plant is growing at a healthy rate. The pics are at 2 day intervals and the plant isn't even 2 weeks since germination. However I'm noticing alot of purple on the leaves now, not sure if it's the strain being auto pounder with cheese, the cold or the nutrients. I am growing in soil, an easy organic water only soil which does not require fertiliser. Other growers have reported huge yields with this.

I'm using a baby light an Mars 300w eco in a 70×70×60 tent ( 2.2 foot x 2.2 × 6)

Any advice or comments would be appreciated.
20190501_201002.jpg
20190413_111346.jpg

Welcome to 420,Gueeemeister :welcome:

Your plant looks good-the purple tinge could possibly be from the lower temps-I don't think it's anything to worry about,the plant looks healthy and happy.
If that purple continues,thet's going to be an awesome looking plant when she grows up!
If you're interested,you could start a grow journal so we can follow along with her progress:

Welcome to 420,Gueeemeister :welcome:

Your plant looks good-the purple tinge could possibly be from the lower temps-I don't think it's anything to worry about,the plant looks healthy and happy.
If that purple continues,thet's going to be an awesome looking plant when she grows up!
If you're interested,you could start a grow journal so we can follow along with her progress:

Thanks for the feedback. I live in Melbourne Australia where nighttime outdoor temps are around 40 fahrenheit this time of year and day time temps have been as high as 86 on 1 day of my grow so it's been a challenge to stabilise temps...even more so as I am set up in a tin garden shed. Good thing is temps will have less variation as I get to winter and it will only be the heating I need to worry about.

Welcome to 420 magazine Gueeemeister
Can you take a pic without the burple light!
A rocket scientist I am not!!! Hahahahah...lights off and purple tinge no more. OMG...now I need to learn to look at all problems from not only all angles but all light conditions. I'm really starting to think the curled leaves are either from either a really cold 40 F night I had recently where a single tube heater couldn't cope or maybe the 85 F on the same day. I know plants dont like extremes like this. Good news for my plant is no more extremes like this at least as it will just stay cold as winter comes. I have just installed my 2nd tube heater tonight and now I'm ready for the cold nights to come.
20190502_181615.jpg

20190502_182639.jpg

Tin sheds never work good mate, better controlbinba cupbord inside or a tent.
Yeah...I agree and I would so much love another location. This is not only a covert grow from the cops and neighbours...but also the wife and kids. As I do all the gardening at my house and no one enters my shed but me it was my only option. I think it will get easier once the temp stabilizes to just cold as the heaters take care of that.

Heatmats are cheaper to run and its only the root zone needs to stay warm.
I use one in veg , lil heat cheaply.
Thanks for the info...why didn't I young to get this befor I spent $120 on heaters indoor growing is all ne to me...I'm treating it as a science experiment at the moment. As long as i get 50 or so grams from my plant then it will last me till next year...any more then I keep my friends happy too with samples

I thought I would share my secret germination method. Soaked 1 seed only in a glass of room temp water for about 18 hours, placed in a moist paper towel and then in a a zip lock bag. No none of this is different to what alot of people do I know. What I did different was to place this zip lock bag in my underwear...it did not leave for around 30 hours. I played sport with it, I went to work with it, I slept with it and only had to re moisten once during that time. And whamo!!! My plant was born 1 seed 100% success. And no, no photos will be shared of my technique

2 weeks since planting the seed...New growth looks really healthy. Nothing but rainwater used for watering and I'm not planning on using any fertiliser for the entire grow. Well unless obvious signs that she's lacking something... I'm sure she'll give me a sign if she demanding something....sort of like my wife

Attachments

• 20190503_202744.jpg
    20190503_202744.jpg
    867.6 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom