Grow Stage - Vegetative,
Light- 24-0
Bucket Size - 5 Gallon
Lights - (1) 600 Watt MH
Nutrients - Fox Farms, grow big
Medium - 30% Perlite
PH - 6.5
RH - 65%ish (it's humid here currently)
Room Temperature - 75-80ish on average but again it's been hot&humid here currently so as high as 90 occasionally
Room Square Footage - 4'x4'x7'
Pests - None Known

Problem:
Growth rate has been great, these guys are growing like crazy at the moment, doubled in size in the past 48 hours. But some plants are showing some leaf curling/cupping. It's been very hot here the past few days (low/mid 90s and very humid), but finally cooling off to the mid 70 so ambient temp humidity should be better.

Is the cupping/curling ok? It seems to bt the worts on teh Lemon OG autoflower. Think it's related to the current high temp/humidity? It's cooling off here so that should resolve itself and the temps/humidity have already improved today

If not temp/humidity could it be a bigger issue such as root problems? Over watering?

Thanks!

IMG_98052.JPG
IMG_9808.JPG
IMG_9811.JPG

Looks fine, give it few more days and see what happens. I don't think at this early stage you'll get into any problems. Climate conditions are just perfect and there's no reason for plants to get sad. 5 gallon pots takes a lot of time to dry up at this stage maybe 10-14 days, i hope you are not watering them every day..jk. Happy growing and good luck!

ive got my light about 12" above the tops, is that ok? Am I better off with it closer to the plants but less spread out? Or farther above but with more coverage?

ive got my light about 12" above the tops, is that ok? Am I better off with it closer to the plants but less spread out? Or farther above but with more coverage?

If they were my plants I'd consider the idea of raising both the fan and the lamp 6 inches. Then, give the plants a few days to cool off and dry out if needed.

The curling could be from heat, high humidity and the inability to evap fast enough to cool off. Also, direct wind from a fan can be a little stressful when added to the mix. I like the indirect, turbulent air approach which helps even out the whole environment.

Overall you've got your grow right on track. Heck, sometimes the best thing you can do is nothing. Simply evaluate.

/obi

Raise your light, though ;)

raised the light, and ambient temps are cooling own around here (humidity is still a bit high though). Cupping seems to be getting better and the girls are filling out nicely!

also my buddy added a Chia-Obama as he wants to grow the best chia ever....

IMG_98122.JPG

what are everyone's thoughts about topping/manifolding? Obliviously not on the LemonOG-Autoflower but on the 3 others that was the plan.

everything is going well. cupping/curling stopped once the ambient temsp came down and I raised the lights and fan.

IMG_98213.JPG

I've read a bunch about topping / main-lininng and it seems like a good way to manage the canopy and increase yields, so figured I'd give it a whirl! I topped / mainlined the WonderWoman and the Snow White. I also took the toppings and put them in my dome to try to get them going as clones.

If this goes well and the clones take to root and the main plants recovery nicely, I'll probably top the BlackBerry too. The LemonOG-AF obliviously won't get topped.

IMG_98242.JPG

IMG_98251.JPG

IMG_98265.JPG

took these a few days ago. things coming along nicely. Started light nutrients on all. The auto (biggest plant, on the back left) doesn't seem to need them, in fact it looked like mild nute burn with a tiny bit of leaf tip discoloration. I've been using plain water and stopped nutes on the auto. maintained light nutes on the others.

IMG_98514.JPG

Nirvana Snow White and Wonder Woman have both been topped (twice, one left to go) and are turnign up and bouncing back nicely. Probably do the one last final topping for 8 mains tomorrow, after that I'll just left em go and veg out.

IMG_98533.JPG

Nirvana Lemon OG Auto in the back, and Nirvana blackberry up front.

Blackberry is staying a bit smaller than the others and it is growing a bit funny. The main stalk is at a 45* angle. I'm now LST-ing it with plant ties and tryign to get it to be a bit more vertical and closer to 90*. We'll see what happens.

IMG_98522.JPG

thanks! if all goes well I think I'm going to do a back to back comparison the next time around. Do two plants of the same strain, in the same environment and conditions, for the same length of time from germinate to harvest, one main lined and one au-natural to see how much of a difference the main lining makes to yield.

that's kind of what I was thinking. But i want to be able to measure the difference and get a definitive answer. After all the mainlining is intended to increase yield, but if i can grow 1.5 to 2 non main lined plants in the time it takes to grow one main lined one it's really not increasing my yield, over time. As such, what's the point?

not sure what I'm going to do about lights yet. I will either switch HM to HPS or the other option is to try out the fancy new LED i just got.

Back
Top Bottom