First Time Grow! by Lebowskii

Lebowskii

T-Minus 9 Days Until Blast Off.

;) greetings everyone! Im a relatively new member on the forums but have been monitoring the site for about a month now, and after long consideration (and a couple of nudges strangely enough from relatives...) Ive decided that its time.

I have not gotten my babies yet, for I am starting with clones and am waiting till early this week to make the trip down to a dispensary... and I have NO idea what I will be growing YET. I am going to have a total of 9 plants (getting planted 4/20 :grinjoint:). They are going to be 100% outdoor, grown in 3 half wine barrels with half miracle grow moisture control and half Organic dirt. (ill be honest, dirt was only part of this grow i had no clue on, BUT the bag said organic so how bad can it be right?)

Ill be using the fox farm line of nutrients, simply because I have heard so many good things about it. Plants will be getting loads of sun, daily visits (would never grow at MY house of course...) and nutrients. I have a PH meter as well to try (emphasis on try) to somewhat keep the levels balanced. I am HIGHLY concerned about my watering regiments because the water here is extremely high in minerals! Im not sure if there is a whole lot i can do about it short of getting filtered water to my plants daily (pricey).

keeping this grow organic! organic pesticides (surprisingly enough, my grandmother taught me how to make strange concoctions to stay organic :roorrip:)

Im sure ill get loads of useful information from ya'll, feel free to comment/ question/ concern me! :) I have a nice camera and intend on using it EVERY step of the way, so expect lotsa pictures! Thanks for the feed back!

~Lebowskii~

WELL! clones have been secured. after a day long trip, couple hundred miles of driving, I got my babies.

2x Purple Kursh
2x G13
1x Trainwreck
1x Chem D
1x different kush strand with crazy name, cant remember it now... :grinjoint:

Tomorrow Im going to take advantage and pop those suckers into small containers with some miracle grow for a few days and let them sit in the nice sun until the 20th. Will have pictures to post tomorrow!!

~Lebowskii~

(ill be honest, dirt was only part of this grow i had no clue on, BUT the bag said organic so how bad can it be right?)

organic pesticides (surprisingly enough, my grandmother taught me how to make strange concoctions to stay organic)

soil selection is KINDA important but not TOO much. the main thing to be aware of is that it drains well. to ensure this, try mixing peatmoss, perlite, or even sand or fine gravel into your soil before planting. although, you got some good soil so it should be fine. if you got the money for it tho, i would go ahead n splurge on some of the drainage ingredients i listed...especially if your useing those huge barrels which might have trouble draining. water that is not absorbed fast enough, or soil that has been wet too long, can cause root rot. not good. lol. AT ALL. so ya, like i said, you should be fine, but better safe than sorry. your choice.

:grinjoint:

as far as pesticides, namely the dishsoap method, just make sure not OVERSATURATE your plants with the solution, as soap scum and powder mold/bud rot can develop. also, use your pesticide about once a week, up until about 2-3 weeks of flowering, and stop. you need that last month of flowering to de-nute your plants, flushing with nothing but PLAIN WATER til harvest. this will remove any pesticides or nutrients remaining on the plant that you really dont want to ingest via inhaling smoke. lmao.

Planted my babies!! I may have jumped the gun a little bit, (nice little rain storm rolled through a day and a half after i planted) BUT! all of them are showing massive new growth and are happy as can be.

I set up essentially a cheap grow area. I took two stakes and planted them in the ground roughly 4 or 5 feet away from the side of my shed, then wraped the stakes with a green mesh fabric that lets in sun, but protects from SUPER hot days this summer, hi winds, and most importantly DEER!! no critters will be enjoying MY hard earned crop ;)

I have two half wine barrels (3 babies in each )
and a large planter (smaller then a wine barrel) with my prized purple kush that is growing...well... like a weed. I will have pictures (famous last words)... wanted to wait for the weather to clear up before hand.

Rain brings bugs. so as soon as the rain clears up, its time for some pesticide work. I was lucky enough to find two or three worm colonies that i graciously tossed into my planters! worms...goooooood!

I was having a minor problem earlier this week, it appeared that i was over watering my plants, minor wilting on a couple of leaves as well. so i began working backwards and eliminating things that could be causing unhappy babies! as a noob grower, turns out, i was so worried about over watering, i was actually UNDERWATERING!!!! dumb mistake. fixed now. and im pleased to announce they are all marginally getting bigger again :D

@Bomb Sangwich : ;)
along with mixing in some sand and some pebbles (not a whole lot, but happend to have some laying around) the barrels have probably... 9 or 10 holes at the bottom drilled for drainage and is draining like a champ. the rain worried me about flooding and such, but so far so good. and storm is supposed to taper off today. having all those wholes also helps support worms! (extremely happy to have worms.... ;) tee hee. ) as far as the dish soap method you mentioned, im going to just give my plants a light spraying of some light dish soap/water concoction probably no more then once a week.

Starting nutrient ritual as well next week! :grinjoint: more to come!

~Lebowskii~

update muffucka...

tmpphpi6eh91.jpg

First official picture since the first ones :grinjoint: Ill see about taking some pictures of ALL of the babies and getting them up.

This is my Purple Kush which now resides in its own good sized planter.
All three of my planters get an average of 10 hours of full sun and a couple hours in the morning and evening of partial sun.

:cheer: Storms have rolled through, and nothing but clear sailing weather wise from here on out! rain brought a few pest but i nutralized those suckers and coated my plants with a nice thin layer of soap/water and since, havent seen a bug even NEAR the babies yet!

~Lebowskii~

oh Mah gawd
that plant is the sexiest plant on this web site.
still feeling good from that OG Kush/club mix =]
you gotta try it.

Right on by the sounds of it you are growing out doors .I will be watching closely on the g-13 and how they do outside. I was an out door grower for many years. I have moved because of work and it is sketchy here so I decided to do indoor.
Actually I am growing my old strains now 3 more weeks left. I had a white grizzly female and crossed her with a heathly BigBud male. The Big Bud kept the grizzly short(3 feet) .I have more seeds of it now and I decided to grow a couple to see how stable they are. The 2 I got going are pretty much the same and they look good . I do have them in my Gallery if you want to check them out. I want to put in my dual arc bulb and have the g-13 doing 18 - 6 on it but my big room is occupided by the wgXbb. I am kicking myself for not putting more down like 8 instead of 2 ,but oh well.

Right on by the sounds of it you are growing out doors .I will be watching closely on the g-13 and how they do outside.

I will make sure that when I can actually snap some new pics ill get a couple of the G-13's for ya ;)

Also, straight outdoor. Not many folks on this site grow straight outdoor like how my setup is, so a little concerned about their light schedules... but they are all happy as can be and have new growth and height daily!!

O, and on mah 2 purple kush, the inner top leaves are starting to turn purple. Pleasant surprise i discovered yesterday.

Working on pictures... honest...

~Lebowskii~

O, and on mah 2 purple kush, the inner top leaves are starting to turn purple. Pleasant surprise i discovered yesterday.

dont get too surprised...it will probably turn back to green as it continues to grow. your noticing it on the baby leaves right? the purpling of the leaves usually comes sometime halfway thru flowering. but hey it IS some purple kush so who knows maybe that shit is already turning purple lol but yeah MORE PICS muffucka:passitleft:

Hey just caught up on the journal, Good luck to you looks like the thumb is green so you wont need much though, cant wait to see how they look in the end. and nice little grouping of strains there, which one is that pretty indica in the middle of the first picture

Looking good! Good luck on your grow, I love watching outdoor grows!

Thanks guys =]

Here are the new pics!!!! All of them are for viewing pleasure except for what will be the last one. I have found on one or two plants, just a few leaves each, curling at the tips and growing oddly. healthy enough leaves just... odd... just snapped a good picture of one of my curling leaves just to see what you guys thought.

This is just a picture of my actual grow setup. The green mesh breaks the wind down immensely. Its a very windy spot for wee babies, plus, keeps nosey looky lous out. AND conveniently next to em i have my jalapeno peppers. a perfect cover op ;)

DSC02074.JPG

From left to right, in this barrel I have my Trainwreck, G-13, and Purple Kush. The G-13 was stunted from when I got it from the club, it wasnt nearly as happy as the rest of the pack. The Trainwreck I have been waiting for it to get a little bigger before trimming its rough leaves it had from the club. The purple kush is blowing up and is happy as can be.

DSC020751.JPG

Up next, sitting in her own barrel, my super purple kush baby which is now the biggest and by far growing the fastest...

On the bottom tier of leaves... if you notice a slightly cut leaf and and the one wilting off to the left, well. they will be gone. Im assuming that they are kinda messed because they are the original clone leaves, but cut one is getting a little brown, and the wilting one is wilting more....

DSC020861.JPG

In the last barrel, from left to right, I have my Kushage, G-13, and Chem D. The chem is lagging behind the rest a little bit but, still has new green growth everywhere, just figure it was a little younger then the rest of the clones. The G-13 in the middle is what they SHOULD look like, which is why Im curious to what the club did to the other one... and my kushage. I was worried about losing that one at one time but... is filling in just nicely.

DSC02087.JPG

Finally. here is the bent leaf on the top of my chem d. not really sure if its a good thing or a bad thing, but the leaf appears healthy otherwise. what do you think?

DSC02093.JPG

Questions, Comments, and Advice all strongly welcomed! ;)

Back
Top Bottom