First Time Grow! by Lebowskii

still a little worried about them flowering too early. not sure how the moon light is going to be affecting them.

I flushed the plants the last week to do a little foliage feeding this week. Fox Farms GROW BIG and Fox Farms BIG BLOOM (for root support and whatnot) mixed into water and sprayed generously onto plants this morning. My "Kushage" as seen above is turning into a really tall lanky plant, which is to be expected but its beginning to lean a little from the weight. Is there anything i can do for this? been bending the stem to make it a little tougher but... not sure if it will naturally get thicker or if im going to have to tie it down or something. Will snap some new pics of the babies this weekend ;)

Cheers.
~Lebowskii~

still a little worried about them flowering too early. not sure how the moon light is going to be affecting them.

I flushed the plants the last week to do a little foliage feeding this week. Fox Farms GROW BIG and Fox Farms BIG BLOOM (for root support and whatnot) mixed into water and sprayed generously onto plants this morning. My "Kushage" as seen above is turning into a really tall lanky plant, which is to be expected but its beginning to lean a little from the weight. Is there anything i can do for this? been bending the stem to make it a little tougher but... not sure if it will naturally get thicker or if im going to have to tie it down or something. Will snap some new pics of the babies this weekend ;)

Cheers.
~Lebowskii~

An option is super cropping but seems a little to early for that, try some bamboo stakes and try to train it maybe, or even and outdoor scrog setup? Just some randoms ideas.

SG

An option is super cropping but seems a little to early for that, try some bamboo stakes and try to train it maybe, or even and outdoor scrog setup? Just some randoms ideas.

SG

If i were to put a stake of some sort and some green garden tape and tie it a couple times to the stake, would that suffice?

Im a super beginner and have no idea the first thing about "super cropping". Is it tough for noobs to do?:thedoubletake:

Those some old whiskey barrels? That's awesome! If one is starting to lean maybe put some kind of support there for her. SG had an idea with some bamboo stakes, that's probably what I would do until her stem thickens up and she can support herself.

Also about that bent leaf I don't know what it's from but one of my plants had one just like that and it eventually straightened out.

I can't wait to see that super purple kush grow up!:goodluck::peacetwo:

Those some old whiskey barrels? That's awesome! If one is starting to lean maybe put some kind of support there for her. SG had an idea with some bamboo stakes, that's probably what I would do until her stem thickens up and she can support herself.

Yeaaaap. Benefits of living in a small town.... you can buy useless random things like... half a barrel... BUT. They serve their purpose just nicely. Tomorrow Im gunna snap some pics of the new setup then. Ill straighten her up!

Its funny watching things grow this closely. I never realized how much things grow over time. These pictures are a few days old and it seems like im looking at baby pictures! :ganjamon:

ALSO: If I were to want to add some hydrogen peroxide to their watering diet, how much should i add to them?

Hey don't worry about the moonlight ,that is natural for them.Frost and a cold morning dews would be your only concern this time of year.you have them in a bucket, nice idea I might add using old rum buckets but be careful of the wood grain alcohol that might be still inside the wood this will make your PH peek up,My self I would line the inside with none toxic plastic wrap or weed stop it is a material(felt like) you can get at the garden store or hardware store.. so that takes care of the frost. Now for the early morning cold dew thing is to put clear plastic over them like a tepee so the cold dew runs down the side of the plastic and not on plants.also make sure there are sufficient air holes at bottom all around tepee.This has been done for decades with tomato plants when they are planted early .With this tepee you will see good growth because it acts like a humid doom.
That leaf looks like it was sitting up against something when it was small maybe around the tip. SO now that it is grown out it looks like it is bent. the bend will grow out eventually.Bottom leaf will not be a serious as say a top one when it is like 2 feet tall or more. I used to trim all bottom leafs when the plant is about a foot high and i would trim leafs so that there is 4 inches or so from soil to the next leaf this will promote growth on the top and up ward it goes ,it does work,but don't do it until plant is 1-2 feet ,it also helps with air flow so air is not Stael at bottom of plant helpful for closed it areas.

whatsup zigzagburning ;)
I had to worry about the dew and frost and such about 2 weeks ago, but luckily its starting to get warm =] I did exactly what you described. I used some of that green mesh they are surrounded by, some sticks, and a few nails and made a "custom" cover for them that worked awesome. I just went out and measured them and I have 2 or 3 plants that are apx 1ft tall but the rest are still pretty little.

I will try some bottom trimming in another week or two...

ANOTHER QUESTION: all of my babies are female. I can officially see pre-flowers on all of them. my question is, what marks the official transfer from veg to flowering stages so i know when to start feeding them different nutes for flowering?

this is OK I had that to from clones, most cases they put mom in to flower once she did and knew she was female they took her out and put her back in veg. When in veg she keeps her hairs, Kind of like auto flower once she does flower she will flower quicker . I have done this technique and it works fine . If you just see hairs popping out here and there don't worry she always had them they were just to small to see. I have some turn brown and wilt away but most stead.
you should see 3 leafs with puff ball in middle with hairs this is a sing she wants to flower 80% of the time the rest most likely they let her flower to long before putting her back into veg but it usally turns out to be a good thing most of the time . They look really good, showing lots of growth. I like that g-13 like I suspected it would be alot taller out side.
:welldone::thumb::yummy::goodjob:

because there out side 5 to 6 weeks on average before there are in flower full swing. do you have an idea when there harvest time is count back 7-11 weeks depends on strains .G-13 I know is around ten early October for harvest if in at May so probably first of July give or take a week when you get Flowers starting at nodes Popping up all over I would start bloom feeding but don't worry if you are a little early our late they will adapted.

Always remember light stress is good for a plant it makes it strong .Heavy stress is the one that kills.

YA!! the G-13 (bigger one) passed the purple kush in the middle!! its crazy... 1ft tall exactly.

If that is true, its going to be awesome. Out of the 7 plants, i found a good 20 or 25 of those little pre flowers areas. I about cried of joy. Thanks for clearing that up though!! was worried.

I read on my fox farms nutes that it was ok to give the "Big Bloom" along with the "Grow Big" at about 4 weeks. but when i read on the Big Bloom bottle it said "give when you see the first signs of flowering" is that referring to pre flowers or the 3 puff ball thing you refer to? ;) dumb bottles confuse me ....:rollit:

do you have an idea when there harvest time is count back 7-11 weeks depends on strains .G-13 I know is around ten early October for harvest if in at May so probably first of July give or take a week when you get Flowers starting at nodes Popping up all over I would start bloom feeding but don't worry if you are a little early our late they will adapted.

I have no idea when they will be "done". they have been in about... 3 weeks now. sooo 4-8 weeks?

Purple kushes were a little bit older when we got the clones too.

This is when i start kicking myself that i decided to grow 5 different strains. :bongrip:

here is the fox farm chart if it helps

Fox_Farm_Feed_Chart.jpg

If your still not sure I would use it's hight around 14 - 16 inches

If you are in the Northern Hemisphere and in the lower 48, most outdoor strains will not be ready until August-October and some strains can go to November. Unless you are growing with a auto flowering strain which will be ready in around 12 weeks regardless. 4-8 weeks would put you ready in June or July and here in the Pac-west, it will be light here 15-17 hours a day that time of year. That is way too much light to flower any plant. The difference with indoor grows you are "playing god" with the lights and the outdoors you have to let mother-nature do her job.

If you are in the Northern Hemisphere and in the lower 48, most outdoor strains will not be ready until August-October and some strains can go to November. Unless you are growing with a auto flowering strain which will be ready in around 12 weeks regardless. 4-8 weeks would put you ready in June or July and here in the Pac-west, it will be light here 15-17 hours a day that time of year. That is way too much light to flower any plant. The difference with indoor grows you are "playing god" with the lights and the outdoors you have to let mother-nature do her job.

Excellent point. I am in no hurry, so im just gunna let them do their thing. Im not sure if this will work, but one of my friends said that here, its not uncommon for growers to lay like dark black tarp over the babies to control their light system if they wanted them to trip, sounds like too much work though... :ganjamon: Super helpful, thanks LotzOfTrycs :thanks:

SO! i had an :bongrip: epiphany :bongrip: and realized, why not try and supercrop my baby in the middle that i was planning on doing all kinds of crazy experiments on and such! SO! I understand the concept of it I think, but I grabbed some shots of her. Do you think she is ready?

I didnt want to name anything and have them die ( as clones ) so im just now starting to think of names for em ;) but this is the middle one :yummy:
DSC02099.JPG

And from the side.
DSC020862.JPG

And this is just for zigzagburning, this is my G-13 at 3 and a half weeks from clone. ;) G-13s are fast growers... 1 ft tall, it passed my two purple kushes.

DSC021011.JPG

:yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy::

Back
Top Bottom