First Time Grow - CFLs

Re: First Time Grow - CFLs...

this is a helpfull thread for a brand new grower but it has made me develop questions of my own : before I discovered this website i was using my reptile light, then i bought a " as descibed on the box" "plant light 65 watts.....then I looked at 40 watt, and 60 watt flouresents(sp) and i looked at a 24' long "grow light" I dont know which one I should use. I am limited in funds and openness about this... any help[ is appeiciated

I believe the floros would be best. I bought one of those grow lights as well at first but fluorescents have a higher light output or "lumens" which marijuana thrives off of. The grow lights have a slightly better spectrum i think but definitely a lower light output. The grow lights have the blue spectrum and I wonder if using them during along with the floros during the right cycle would would benefit?

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

just checked try topbulb.com for stronger CFLs they have 65,85,and 105 watt CFLs with normal or medium bases and some of those wattages come in both reddish and blue light look up LED plant lights for charts on light color and plant response [ledtronics,,westcoastleds,,ledgrowlights all .com]

i found some true value hardware stores have higher wattage CFLs as security lights or garage lights i've also found 42 watt CFLs at bigger chain grocery stores in the light bulb section and 37 watter too

i should have included this in last post actual light readings cfl vs 400 MH

one foot away cfl 5500 lux about 500 footcandle

MH about 35,000 -40,000 lux or 3500-4000 foot candle

about two feet away MH 10,000- 15,000 lux

basiclly four 42 watt CFLs at about 1 foot is equal to one 400 watt MH at around 1.5 - 2 feet in light intensity in actual photo light meter readings the lumen number on the CFL pack is right for readings taken about 1 inch away and at 4-6 inches the lumens are about 2/3 to 3/4 of the packaging hope this helps for new folks
damn dude....youve got the lowdown on those cfl's....good info man.....thanks. I grow cfl also but had no idea there was that much info out there......props tooo you....keep the good info coming.....peace..... :)

I Just have a couple questions. I have 3 plants grwoing right now that are females and I have 2 65W bulbs and one 55W bulb. The plants are about 2 and a half weeks into flowering. My concern here is that the two 65's are 'Soft White' and the 55W bulb is a 'Cool White'. How will this affect my grow and is that enough wattage (185W) for three plants?
Oh, and they do look very good right now and seem to be on the right track. Very strong stems and great leaves. The area is well ventilated.

I think you have enough wattage depending on size of plants but I'm unsure if you have the right color ones. do any of the bulbs have any other color rating ending in k like 2700k . the 2700k that is the right color CFL for flowering it is a reddish white light. a color of 5000-6500k is for vegging and is blueish white. that being said some like to mix and match these colored bulbs together. there are other color rating in between like 3500k these you don't want at all

Wow mann thats heavy that yur landlord ragged you over a increase in yur hydro from a few twisty bulbs!!!! That's far out mann i'd move that guy is gunna be a nightmare, and if you want to be a master grower and self supporting your meds then you gotta ramble on son!!
Best of luck in any up coming grows and i hope you stay safe!!

KTownJR

Back
Top Bottom