First Time Grow

Far from an expert! And unfortunately I've never heard of that nutrient line up.
Do you have any cal mag yet? If not, consider getting some...it will be needed, even not knowing the contents of your bottle of nutes, it's almost a certainty.

When mixing your nutrients, make sure it's done in the correct order, and use a PH pen for adjusting PH.

When adding your nutrients, use a syringe, it's more accurate. And combined with your TDS pen you can properly adjust your nutrient strength in the reservoir.

While the accuracy of this chart is highly debatable, it's a decent guide. It's a guide that will help more often then not, but remember, it's a guide, not a Bible. What I like about it is; it teaches you what you should be monitoring. When flowering, your PH may drop, don't panic, just adjust PH....this is where the guide kinda fails, but you'll have a good feel for your system by that point.
C62E28B0-CCEB-4E4A-BC84-A47103ECEC8B.jpeg.jpg

Ok so I haven’t posted in a few days out of frustration. My plant is alive and well. For three days I watched the first true leaves fold in the middle slowly towards the stem. Yesterday nearly touching the stem. She was in bad shape and begging for help. I changed the lights over and over height and intensity. Humidity checked over and over. Air flow checked again and again. She was 5 days old I believe when these symptoms started. Not once did I think to check the bucket because I figured the roots would not have gone down that fast. I discovered at day 8 that she fully grown out of the cup and into my water. I had not yet put nutrients or properly balanced the ph inside my water. This was the issue. I had a nitrogen deficiency. And she was begging for it.

Plant is on the rebound! I did the same thing when I started, jumped right into hydro… LoL
Make sure your netpot bottom isn’t hanging down in the water you need a air gap under it.
Run a dirty bucket using bacteria and fungi to fight off root rot and all the other baddies hydro gets. Sterile hydro is a pain in the ass in my opinion.

There are a couple of ways to change water or nutrients in the bucket… All of them a pain in the ass when the plant gets huge! Get a second bucket and mix all your goodies up in it, make dam sure it’s correct! Pick up the plant slid the old bucket out and slid the fresh one in. You can find plant tray’s with wheels so you don’t screw up your tent floor sliding full buckets around…
Valves, pumps, voodoo crap to change water and nutes in the bucket? Nah get a second bucket…
Sometimes the plant eats that makes the ppm’s go down, if the plant drinks water it makes the ppm’s go up. And both affect the ph when they happen. The problem is the bucket is small and can’t buffer what the plant uptakes…
Hopefully some of this makes sense! Congratulations on where you at so far!!!

Plant is on the rebound! I did the same thing when I started, jumped right into hydro… LoL
Make sure your netpot bottom isn’t hanging down in the water you need a air gap under it.
Run a dirty bucket using bacteria and fungi to fight off root rot and all the other baddies hydro gets. Sterile hydro is a pain in the ass in my opinion.

There are a couple of ways to change water or nutrients in the bucket… All of them a pain in the ass when the plant gets huge! Get a second bucket and mix all your goodies up in it, make dam sure it’s correct! Pick up the plant slid the old bucket out and slid the fresh one in. You can find plant tray’s with wheels so you don’t screw up your tent floor sliding full buckets around…
Valves, pumps, voodoo crap to change water and nutes in the bucket? Nah get a second bucket…
Sometimes the plant eats that makes the ppm’s go down, if the plant drinks water it makes the ppm’s go up. And both affect the ph when they happen. The problem is the bucket is small and can’t buffer what the plant uptakes…
Hopefully some of this makes sense! Congratulations on where you at so far!!!
Hey fellow Colorado neighbor :). Thanks for the advise. That was my plan was to get a second bucket as I could see this problem coming. Thank you for the helpful advise. Keep it coming :)

hanging a damp small towel from a top pole will add 20% humidity to my 4 x 4 tent , I change it every second day , for me it was a pain looking after a humidifier .
Not a bad idea. For me anyways my tent is 2x2 I can keep this little humidifier going on the lowest setting and with door closed brings me between 55-60% humidity. I do have to fill it twice a day. Once in the AM before work and once before the night cycle. I try not to crank it up so I don’t have to worry much about mold and such.

Back
Top Bottom