First Time Grower, jumping right in w/ Titan hydro

Since you are running a flood and drain, I would fill your res with pure water (no need to adjust pH) and let that flood your buckets about 2-3 times withing a period of 10-15min, then to get the rest of the salts that may have built up towards the top of your hydroton I would pour some pure pure water from the top of netpots. This will be good start, but remember to limit yourself on the amount of time you spend flushing because you will then want to refill your res with your new nutrient solution and run the system ONCE more to give them a feeding.

Unlike soil, it is unnecessary to 'wait' for your medium to dry out before feeding again since hydroton holds very little nutrients for long periods of time.

Make sure you PPM doesn't exceed 400 at this stage. Once you start to see healthy growth I would incrementally increase your PPM each week until you level out at 600. (so about 50-100 PPM increase a week) Once in flower, you can incrementally increase this number to 1000 PPM.

Glad you got those meters in Tree. You will really have a handle on your grow now. Things should be looking better from here on out ;)

Tree, make sure you get calibration solution for each meter. If the calibration starts to walk away from center, you won't know it. With these hand helds, we gotta check their calibration fairly frequently and adjust accordingly.

Plants recovered from Mag def... some yellowing and eventual falling off. You can see some of the residual yellow on the bottom of some. A few on the top and we are feeding CalMag now. Started a diet of GH BUT without metering, I fried them a little and then cause a nute lockout.. almost wiped them all out! Info from 420 forum get me on the right track (I was at 800ppm and should have been like <400 for babies - Ph was high too abt 7.5 and should have been about 5.6 -- been adjusted now for 5 days and plant look much better. Starting to see some vert growth. :)
1117A.JPG

1117B.JPG
1117C.JPG
1117D.JPG
1117E.JPG
1117F.JPG

1117G.JPG

Any ideas on the little squatty girl?
One baby is dying :(

Nice they seem to be recovering. #5 looks really bad though...I'm sorry to say, but I doubt she will make it, but it's a weed so still have some hope. #3 looks a little overwatered because, but since you are in hydroton, it is pretty hard to do that. I would skip a watering for this little guy, BUT I would keep a very close eye on it for signs of dehydration.

Thanks AG.. Yes lil #5 looks like last rights are soon but one never knows until .. we know. Ill give #3 a break tonight but that one always tends to look like that and its SOOO squaty. Multiple layers of leaves on it. Interesting one. Ill carry on a week at a time but they DO look a lot better. Thanks -- Ive renewed faith. Tree.

DSCF6919.JPG

ok ... here's an update. Been trying to leave the babies alone. Moved the survivors to big pots and they sure like it. Not sure if those plastic pots I was using had enough drain in them. Nevertheless, moving forward. Above youll see the leader of the pack, now about 5 weeks old. Seems to be gowing daily now that she has room.

DSCF69232.JPG

Zoom in and youll see little flowers on this auto, also 5 weeks old.

DSCF69573.JPG

And finally the newest addition to The Treehorn grow, is another Auto in an AeroGarden. This one is just
7 days old today. Wondering what's happening with the leaves but flushed water today in the AG and all
should be fine. This ones roots have grown FREAKISHLY since she started, one week ago today.

We have had ince storms here this past week and keeping the grow room between 68 and 78 F. Life is good with the babies. Being able to meter them now makes all the difference. I may be on my way afterall.

Waiting on Bublelicious Autos to arrive from Nirvana. This should complete Season One about April of next year!

Back
Top Bottom