First Time Grower - Raspberry Cough

Plants look healthy! I agree with @Stltoed, would wait for another node or two but you should be fine to top now too.

Reading the start of your journal, made me think about when I first learned indoor growing 30+ years ago. Other than the basic idea of what to do, everything was trial and error and done with "materials on hand". There was no hydroponic store, no online purchases, no internet forums and practically no budget. Just mainstream gardening supplies and a will to adapt it to cannabis. Trust me, these MacGyver grows will teach you more than you ever thought possible - both what to do and what not to do. Hopefully you will go through less pitfalls thanks to the journals and advice of the others on here! Once armed with that knowledge and your own experience, then you will know where to put the money for upgrades.

I am subbed either way...pomaika'i!

I graduated in 1990. My first job was for Armstrong Garden Centers so while I was there someone gave me some Afghani Hash Plants about 8 inches tall from seeds bought from SSSC... I had to do something. So put them in a cheeeesy hydro rig. I used a dial timer to schedule "on" and "Off". The whole system was maybe 1.5gallons so basically the pump started, it took 15 seconds to dran the tank then ran dry for 5 or 10 minutes. They didn't make it.

So crazy what you can learn in just a couple minutes online.

Im thinking that your raspberry cough is from rhe breeder Nirvana. The structure looks like their breeding. If it is let it grow a bit more before topping.

Im thinking that your raspberry cough is from rhe breeder Nirvana. The structure looks like their breeding. If it is let it grow a bit more before topping.
Yes they're from Nirvana, I topped the biggest one last night and is doing great today, the other 2 i'm gonna let get bigger.

Yes they're from Nirvana, I topped the biggest one last night and is doing great today, the other 2 i'm gonna let get bigger.

I wait until the 4th node then top but you can let her grow out or top the nodes again if you want a bush. You can butch them quite a bit and they will come back.

From what i have seen from nirvana breeding is that the plants have tight node spacing with the right lighting in veg and throw a lot of leaves. I thin mine out regularly to let light get to the lowers. They also seem to be a little lower growing height during veg. They stretch quite a bit about 2 weeks after you flip them.

Good luck.

I wait until the 4th node then top but you can let her grow out or top the nodes again if you want a bush. You can butch them quite a bit and they will come back.

From what i have seen from nirvana breeding is that the plants have tight node spacing with the right lighting in veg and throw a lot of leaves. I thin mine out regularly to let light get to the lowers. They also seem to be a little lower growing height during veg. They stretch quite a bit about 2 weeks after you flip them.

Good luck.
Ya my one plant i swear is like 4-4.5 inchs its just a little bush, lots of leaves.

Good luck.
Have you grown this strain, or are you just talking in general?

So you recognised the breeder from a plant with 10 leaves on it? That IS impressive

No I am looking at it's node structure and the name. Most of the cough strains are strawberry not raspberry. Ase, grandpa, doggie daddy and I have all been growing Nirvana product recently. They all look similar. Grandpa just had a DWC grow with that particular strain.

Are those fabric pots good? just seems like water would leak out or it would get wet and start to stink lol.

I should clairfiy that I grow in coco. For coco they are great. The water runs through them normally and the air auto crops the roots.

Back
Top Bottom