First Time Grower - Raspberry Cough

Hello everyone it's been 1 week since i first posted so here's Week 3 update. Not much has changed in terms of lights or soil,pots, I did trim #1 and it went well, i topped #3 last night figured it was bushy and tried to let some light shine down the center and well i was trying to be careful i nicked a leaf so i just took it off, no their is lots of light for the lower leafs :D

They look great. Don't worry about defoliation until your plants are much taller. Think about if/How you want to train them. These would do very well in a SCRoG. But there are other options. Your plants are super happy. You'e done well

They look great. Don't worry about defoliation until your plants are much taller. Think about if/How you want to train them. These would do very well in a SCRoG. But there are other options. Your plants are super happy. You'e done well

Ya i don't know why i topped #3 was bored i guess lol. I'm not gonna touch #2 for awhile but #1 was pretty big and easy to cut.

There are a bunch of theories on those things. Ive never seen a decent definition as to what they do. Some say you can use them for early sexing of plants. They look really cool when some plants are starting vigorous flower, they stick out like thorns. Hobrah is right about the name.

Ya i don't know why i topped #3 was bored i guess lol. I'm not gonna touch #2 for awhile but #1 was pretty big and easy to cut.

Your girls are healthy and happy , good job

I know different strains grow faster then others but i read some people veg for 4 weeks then flower but my 2 plants are 5 inchs high there no way they will be ready in 1-2 weeks, is it normal to be so short and bushy for a sativa strain. the light is 12 inchs away from them.

They are all a little different... Jorge Cervantes says out of 10 seeds you may get half that grow well and one that will grow really well. Then there's strain tendencies, grower input. If they all don't line up it shouldn't be too surprising. Then different strains can't be expected to grow alike, but it usually all works out somehow. I just grew a 70 % sativa that didn't go over 24 inches. It budded like a sativa, but didn't try to take over a room, and gave 7 is of really goid bud. Don't worry about the timeline, watch your plants. Pay attention to your room. They are gonna go off like fireworks when the light changes. You really don't want to run out of room then. If the plants can handle the light give it to them.... I completely forgot what you were using. I have 3 different LEDs. I use Black Dogs, which will bleach anything closer then 18inches. I have a Spectrum King that I've never had burning or bleaching. I have another that will only hurt the plant if they are touching. Once you know your light youre goid, bit finding that go/nogo can take a little time

They are all a little different... Jorge Cervantes says out of 10 seeds you may get half that grow well and one that will grow really well. Then there's strain tendencies, grower input. If they all don't line up it shouldn't be too surprising. Then different strains can't be expected to grow alike, but it usually all works out somehow. I just grew a 70 % sativa that didn't go over 24 inches. It budded like a sativa, but didn't try to take over a room, and gave 7 is of really goid bud. Don't worry about the timeline, watch your plants. Pay attention to your room. They are gonna go off like fireworks when the light changes. You really don't want to run out of room then. If the plants can handle the light give it to them.... I completely forgot what you were using. I have 3 different LEDs. I use Black Dogs, which will bleach anything closer then 18inches. I have a Spectrum King that I've never had burning or bleaching. I have another that will only hurt the plant if they are touching. Once you know your light youre goid, bit finding that go/nogo can take a little time

You got 7 oz of but from plants not even 2 feet tall?

I know different strains grow faster then others but i read some people veg for 4 weeks then flower but my 2 plants are 5 inchs high there no way they will be ready in 1-2 weeks, is it normal to be so short and bushy for a sativa strain. the light is 12 inchs away from them.
If the plants are happy, keep doing whatever it is that you are doing!

Funny, just by looking, I would have guessed your plants were indica-leaning based on wide fingers and tight node spacing. The node spacing is no doubt helped along by the power of your lighting. Cannabis has a lower requirement during veg stage and LED's seem to excel in that stage. Either way, what you have is way better than some lanky weed!

Also, plants grow slower in soil. Go to coco or hydro and your veg time will be cut down. But shorter time does not mean better bud. There is always a trade off. Topping should give you explosive growth in the coming week or two. Especially plants that are as vigorous as yours.

If the plants are happy, keep doing whatever it is that you are doing!

Funny, just by looking, I would have guessed your plants were indica-leaning based on wide fingers and tight node spacing. The node spacing is no doubt helped along by the power of your lighting. Cannabis has a lower requirement during veg stage and LED's seem to excel in that stage. Either way, what you have is way better than some lanky weed!

Also, plants grow slower in soil. Go to coco or hydro and your veg time will be cut down. But shorter time does not mean better bud. There is always a trade off. Topping should give you explosive growth in the coming week or two. Especially plants that are as vigorous as yours.
You are absolutely right. These plants don't look like sativa at all... but Joe, you shouldn't get hung up on that. Just let them do there thing.

You are so right about hydro. I usually grow RDWC. I only recently started a couple soil grows for some plants I didn't want to get rid of. I've learned so much about growing by putting these two styles together especially when I'm growing the same strain two different ways.

My hydro plants put out so many leaves defoliation is a must. The stalks are 3 inches thick and this growth happens quickly. You will never beat a dialed in hydro rig for growth with soil.

The following are shots of my last 2 hydro plants. I don't even know what they are. I ordered Lemon Skunk from DNA Gen. But one plant smelled just like strawberrys, and put out 10.8 oz. of kush-like buds. The other grew huge kolas and did a little over 1 pound. DNA also created the strain Strawberry Banana, i think the first might be one of those.

Here are some pics. I have plenty more if you like

So 27 ounces from 2 plants...

Back
Top Bottom