First Timer Hoping For Magic With CFLs - DWC & Bag Seeds

Re: First Timer hoping for magic with CFLs, DWC and bag seeds

those home depot buckets let light in just an observation
theylle stretch 2-3 times thier height in flower

lmfaooo those are the same lights in my warehouse at my job from me lookin up 30ft they look heavy lol but yea i wouldnt buy those i dont have the electrical skills to connect it. and for the h202 im scared cause idk how much to put in lol should i just pour it on the roots directly lol or in the water in the res and change the water after 1-2weeks?

those home depot buckets let light in just an observation
theylle stretch 2-3 times thier height in flower

You sir are correct. I was putting the OJ bucket in another bucket of ice to help my rez temps. So i didnt duct tape it. It now sits in a black bucket when im not messing with it and is wrapped with a blackout curtain you can see in some of the later picture. I think it was helping my algae problem. I had them in a white bucket now the buckets in a black bucket :). Now there is no light pen, which is probably why my roots look alot better over the last week

Thanks for the input!

Lol i used a whole bottle since last Tuesday. How many gallons if your bucket? Walgreens or CVS or whatever is by you will carry 3% for 99.$ I used alot this week with a flush, but i add anywhere form 1-1.5 tbs/g. I also change my rez every week and bleach it and use R/O. I wouldnt be scared of it if you think about it its hydrogen per(2)oxygen, plants like oxygen and hydrogen(o2, h20 etc.) :)

I honestly dont think so, but just wait. Ive read you can turn the lights off when there supposed to be on but not off when they are supposed to be on( try saying that 10 times fast). I dont mess with the light schedule at all but they sleep at early ass hours of the day so i can mess with it as i please.

lol im going to do this now btw i cant wait to upload the pics lol will turning the lihts on 30mins early effect the growth lol?

I think it matters more for flowering/inducing flowering... It only cares how much dark it gets, not how much light, that's why some people can veg at 24/0 or you can do GLR at 12 on, 5.5 off, 1 on, 5.5 off, and it still vegging, not flowering.

You can stress the plants though by messing with the light cycle, even to the point where they hermie out, so I agree with alb, don't mess with it just cuz your anxious :)

That said, I have adjusted my light cycle slowly to get it to turn on and off when I want by changing it one hour per day. I just set the timer for one hour earlier during the dark or one hour later during the light cycle. I also went from 24/0 to GLR and love the growth. Hope that helps.

HOPE THIS DO

IMAG04188.jpg

Nice surf i am curious about the GLR so no worries i will be tagging along the whole way.

Ineed- you could double your lights easily get a few splitters and try to get some reflection going, if your gonna pay for the light to be on you want to try to get as much of it as you can on the plants. I'm not sure if i just cant see the door or what, Walmart has myler (Camping emergency blankets lol) for like 2.50$ and its pretty big. I cant believe how big that damn thing is, your internode growth is pretty large though which makes me think you definately need to get some more wattage in there when you can.

Start adding up your lumens, and your sq. feet. You want anywhere from 3-10k lumens per sq foot of grow space. I think 3 will keep it alive however, and 10k is what the sun puts out so the closer you can get to that without heating the crap out of you plants is what id aim for. Right now im at 7k but will bump it when i have space to put the lights lol.

Looking good to me :) Nice and bushy. I have about 25-30 tops each on my plants but they're smaller buds :( I wish they were much larger, next time! It's really up to you when you decide to flower them, I put a few pics up on my page so you can see a size reference. Expect it to stretch quite a bit as soon as you start flowering so you could continue to LST or let it grow up towards the light kind of your choice. I would personally LST for a week or so and get some nice tops going and then let the tops grow up 6-12" or however high they grow up. Hope for a female!

"Spaces receiving indirect sunlight during the summer need some supplemental lighting. Light requirements vary by variety.During the growth cycle, most varieties will do well with 1000-1500lumens per square foot although the plants can use more lumens, up to3000, efficiently. Equatorial varieties may develop long internodes(spaces on the stem between the leaves) when grown under less thanbrightconditions. During flowering, indica varieties can mature well on 2000lumens. Equatorial varieties require 2500-5000 lumens. Indica- sativa F1 (first generation) hybrids usually do well on 2500-3000 lumens (Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Grower's handbook)."

I was off some.

Tesmp- Thanks for stopping by! Yeah I was thinking about LSTing some more branches and trying to get it real bushy by next week or so. Its been starting to grow a lot lately. Last week i had very slight nute burn on the tips of a couple leaves, this week nothing so I may up the nutes a bit for a week. So i think ill take your recommendation. The only leaves i've been taking off were ones WAY in the way of a lot of new growth or dead/dying ones. Ill take a comparison picture sometime this week or later and see what the difference over the week was.

Yesterday I changed out the rez, and did some cleaning up and now I'm running my pumps out of the box instead of inside so the temps have been cooler and the box is a lot cleaner :). On teSMP's page proprodigy said he tips the ends of the tap roots so i decided to try that earlier today to see how it works. I also tied down some of the main stems to get some more light into the canopy for the next week before I switch it over. Anyways here's some before and afters
IMG-20120426-00139.jpg
IMG-20120426-00140.jpg

Starting to tie down the others
IMG-20120426-00141.jpg
IMG-20120426-00142.jpg
IMG-20120426-00143.jpg

Top shot
IMG-20120426-00145.jpg

inside canopy
IMG-20120426-00146.jpg

nice, did you just root prune this one in these last pics? put up some root pictures. that last one looks like shes going to have allot of nugs, you should wait until all those tiny under devolped center branches get at lest 4 or 5 inches before switching to flower. that will endure they can keep up (production wise) with the larger outter branches. otherwise those larger/ heavier producing branches will outgrow and over take those little one. that will give you tiny pop corn nugs that are almost a waste.
if you keep your plant stretched out like that to open up the interior, along with clipping just a few of the larger fan leaves blocking light. those internal branches will become the new tops of the plant. and then its on beast mode from there!! just packin on weight ;)

Yeah i took the pictures after, I cut off the last inch or so of the longest roots. I can get some pics up alter for ya. Yeah unfortunately I'm on somewhat of a time crunch i set myself back a good amount the first week. Im hoping to just get them out enough so that they will be worth not trimming. I also did some clipping earlier as well to let some light in. I guess ill see how this week goes and decide from there what im going to do with it

I think you'd hit diminishing returns or start to harm the plant past 10k lumens. Yeah man I forgot who said it on here but it was something along the lines, if your paying for it make sure the plants getting use out of it. It was 101 here the other day so unfortunately my house it about 75-80. I also realized i was way lower on nutes yesterday so i upped it to about 400-450ish, So hopefully should see some really good growth this week.

Back
Top Bottom