First Try With Autos & LED's

re: First Try With Autos & LED's

So, my new PH pen is on the way. It won't be here until Monday, so I grabbed this little test kit at a local hardware store and I am very skeptical since it reads in .5 increments. I tested my runoff with these results. if it is remotely accurate, I think I'm ok..
420-magazine-mobile1865101268.jpg

Looks fine Mike
Better than nothing at all until your pen comes

I'm using well water, and it is always around 7.9... I put the same amount of pH down that I normally do, and hoped for the best. It really bugs me to not be able to test it accurately.. even if it is just for a couple of days.

I'm using well water, and it is always around 7.9... I put the same amount of pH down that I normally do, and hoped for the best. It really bugs me to not be able to test it accurately.. even if it is just for a couple of days.

You are one up on me my friend, I use well water too I haven't had it tested this year.
I'm a bit old school I don't check ph... yet...lol
I just monitor my plants...call me crazy but I've faired ok so far
I will be getting a ph pen for my next grow tho
, I'll do autos on coco (first coco &a auto grow)
Where you from amigo

I'm in USA.. New Mexico. I've had my medical card for about a year now. Just recently decided to start growing again. The local dispensary always has shitty weed and I got tired of paying outrageous prices for something that I'm pretty sure I can grow better quality myself

I'm in USA.. New Mexico. I've had my medical card for about a year now. Just recently decided to start growing again. The local dispensary always has shitty weed and I got tired of paying outrageous prices for something that I'm pretty sure I can grow better quality myself

Very nice...the sunny south, I'd give my left nut to be down that way...lol
I'm in Ontario Canada, taxed heavily and cold as hell 8 months of the year
You have a nice set up there, I'm enjoying following your grow.

Thanks Hector! I appreciate it. Yeah, I've lived down here in the desert all my life it's like 100+°f (~38°c) here everyday for the next few months. And very sunny indeed. . . .
420-magazine-mobile1944297858.jpg

I got this crazy idea last night that this "450w" led that I'm using just isn't enough... When I ordered this tent, it came with a "300w full spectrum" led light, but only half of it worked. They sent me another and it had same issue. After a very critical review on Amazon, they sent me a "600w"... Now maybe they have a different idea about what full spectrum is than I do but this thing only has red and blue. My other one has all kinds of different colors and 3 uv lights in it. Well, I hung this big thing up last night and now about 80% of the top is filled with lights.
420-magazine-mobile1805655892.jpg

I guess my question is... Is this too much? Will this fine piece of Chinese equipment make a difference? Will the added cost of running this thing improve my yield and quality? Or should I just stick with what I had? Temps went up to about 84-85°f with the new one, but no higher.. not too bad I guess... But will it be worth it?
420-magazine-mobile1373917911.jpg
they don't seem to mind it too much

I've also noticed these ww autos seem a little bit droopy today. I think maybe I gave em too much water yesterday or something.. they just look kind of sad today to me. I took the worst one outside for a pic in regular light..
420-magazine-mobile1986706982.jpg
.maybe I'm just imagining something is wrong.. lol.. I don't know

I've also noticed these ww autos seem a little bit droopy today. I think maybe I gave em too much water yesterday or something.. they just look kind of sad today to me. I took the worst one outside for a pic in regular light..
420-magazine-mobile1986706982.jpg
.maybe I'm just imagining something is wrong.. lol.. I don't know

Looking good
Some strains do tend to look droopy after a good watering

420-magazine-mobile1775452854.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1909836059.jpg
well, after the lights came on I checked on these girls and they seem to be perking up a little. I hope it was just too much water. I will keep an eye on them for sure though.

420-magazine-mobile1410709369.jpg
pulled all these tops down on this bubblegum so all this stuff in the middle can get some light. She's gonna be a beast I think.. I don't want to let her go, but if I try to let her veg til these autos are finished... She won't fit in my tent.

420-magazine-mobile1410709369.jpg
pulled all these tops down on this bubblegum so all this stuff in the middle can get some light. She's gonna be a beast I think.. I don't want to let her go, but if I try to let her veg til these autos are finished... She won't fit in my tent.

Amigo, she's amazing. A beast she'll be
You are doing some awesome growing...very nice

420-magazine-mobile319995056.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1711483613.jpg

These girls are looking nice today.. it's starting to get a little crowded in my little tent. Another week or so and I may have to see if my friend has a spot ready for this bubblegum. She is going to put it outside. I only worry the heat outside will be too much for it, but I've given her a good start. The rest will be up to her.

I just ordered some amnesia, purple kush and northern lights
Getting ready for next grow in a few months
Going to try coco, I sure hope mine go as good as yours are
I will be trying some northern lights autos next. I ordered a little mixed auto pack from 00 seeds... nl, Afghan Mass, and sweet soma. They all had good reviews on the seedsman site, so I will be giving them a try. Lol.. I still got a long way to go with these White widows yet. But I'm in no big hurry. I plan to start the new ones 2-3 weeks before these finish up.

Yes, another tent would be great.. but I just don't have the space right now. I've been looking at a tent twice the size of this one. It may give me enough room. Right now I'm just going to make do with what I got, and maybe invest more later. Plants are doing pretty good right now. These autos are 28 days old.. the bubblegum photo is a week ahead of them at 35 days today.
420-magazine-mobile1429793098.jpg
420-magazine-mobile390667116.jpg

Yes, another tent would be great.. but I just don't have the space right now. I've been looking at a tent twice the size of this one. It may give me enough room. Right now I'm just going to make do with what I got, and maybe invest more later. Plants are doing pretty good right now. These autos are 28 days old.. the bubblegum photo is a week ahead of them at 35 days today.
420-magazine-mobile1429793098.jpg
420-magazine-mobile390667116.jpg

I have the opposite problem, my room is too large so starting a new box this one will be 4'X6'
I'm looking for info on a dyi irrigation system, I want to use coco
That's a few months away though. So I have a bit of time to research
Your plants are looking great

Back
Top Bottom