First Try With Autos & LED's

These ww autos have been stretching out a little the last couple days. They are twice as tall as the bubblegum now.
420-magazine-mobile1369110409.jpg
420-magazine-mobile678692130.jpg
420-magazine-mobile942391886.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2142237202.jpg
I got my new PH pen yesterday, so no more guessing with the water and all that. Gave them a nice drink of water at 6.4 pH with 1/2 strength big bloom. I will continue with that every other watering. These widow autos are 30 days old today. The BG is 37 days of veg and just getting bushy as she can..
420-magazine-mobile1369648840.jpg

420-magazine-mobile777767859.jpg
Seedsman came through with these yesterday too.. should keep me busy for a while since I really can only grow two at a time in my small space.. I was going to give the bubblegum photo to a friend and let her finish it up, but she is acting like she doesn't want to mess with it now. So I will let her veg as long as I can and try to keep her as short as possible with LST. I was thinking about putting her outside myself, but I have some kind of bugs wrecking my plants outside
420-magazine-mobile787456449.jpg
I know it's leafcutter bees making the big holes, but the wierd lines.. I have no idea.. I'm not about to put any weed plants out here to find out either.

Adjusted the LST on bubbles today.. the middle is filling in pretty nice.
420-magazine-mobile1313722320.jpg
38 days of veg for her now under 20/4
420-magazine-mobile322984134.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2084352918.jpg
these widow autos are just happy as they can be today. .
This light puts off a little heat right under the reflector. Not sure how much closer I should let them get before I move the light up.. lol. Don't want to cook em..
420-magazine-mobile346704619.jpg
the other end is against the light. I'm a little closer than the mfg recommends at 18 inches.

420-magazine-mobile1345627575.jpg
everything is looking good in here today..
420-magazine-mobile374561876.jpg

420-magazine-mobile89405367.jpg
.. not sure if it will make much difference, but I swapped some parts around on the 2 bad "300w full spectrum" lights that came with this tent and got one that actually works for the most part. It has 3 or 4 diodes that blink. And that's the best I can do with it. I don't know if it will help or not.. but it's not raising the temps or anything.
420-magazine-mobile953226818.jpg
this bubblegum is 40 days from seed..

420-magazine-mobile1345627575.jpg
everything is looking good in here today..
420-magazine-mobile374561876.jpg

420-magazine-mobile89405367.jpg
.. not sure if it will make much difference, but I swapped some parts around on the 2 bad "300w full spectrum" lights that came with this tent and got one that actually works for the most part. It has 3 or 4 diodes that blink. And that's the best I can do with it. I don't know if it will help or not.. but it's not raising the temps or anything.

420-magazine-mobile953226818.jpg
this bubblegum is 40 days from seed..

Looking great Mike
I'm sure the little blink won't do anything
I noticed I have 4 lights out on my panel

This tent came with a "300w led", And only half of it lit up. The company was quick to send me another one and it had the same issue.
420-magazine-mobile1065860776.jpg
after I posted a really honest review on Amazon, they sent me a "600w" that works perfectly, but it is physically too big for this tent and gets it really hot in there. I took the 2 small lights apart and made one that works.. I just hope it makes some difference. I'm definitely going to invest in a bigger tent soon. I'm seriously thinking about investing in a perfect sun dwarf star.. I'm only going to actually double the size of my tent to 2×4, and I think that light would be great.. will have to wait and see how the quarterly bonus looks from work..lol

This tent came with a "300w led", And only half of it lit up. The company was quick to send me another one and it had the same issue.
420-magazine-mobile1065860776.jpg
after I posted a really honest review on Amazon, they sent me a "600w" that works perfectly, but it is physically too big for this tent and gets it really hot in there. I took the 2 small lights apart and made one that works.. I just hope it makes some difference. I'm definitely going to invest in a bigger tent soon. I'm seriously thinking about investing in a perfect sun dwarf star.. I'm only going to actually double the size of my tent to 2×4, and I think that light would be great.. will have to wait and see how the quarterly bonus looks from work..lol

At least they replaced them
Perfect Sun has some nice stuff

Yes they do.. I have been checking out alot of grows on here with their lights. I am very impressed with the results people are getting. Seems like it would definitely be a worthwhile investment.

I took the 2 widows out for some pics in regular light.. I can't tell what is going on with them under the colors of the LED's.
420-magazine-mobile545206914.jpg
she is definitely the stronger of the two. I've had no issues with her at all.
420-magazine-mobile2125766870.jpg
this one here is really picky about everything... Touch her, move her, too much/too little water.. whatever I do, and she gets all droopy and sad looking. I may do a little defol on her soon, but I don't know how she will react. There's a lot of big leafs that are really blocking the light to the lower parts of the plant. I'll give her a few more days and see if she keeps stretching out before I do anything though.

These white widow autos are 35 days above ground today. I can't figure out what's up with the one on the left in the pics. She acts like she wants water, but the pot is still kind of heavy.. then if I give her water she gets all droopy like too much water.. I just can't call it. Other than being fussy about water, everything is doing fine.I'm going to use smart pots next time and see if it's these plastic pots causing the issue. I drilled lots of extra holes in the bottom of them, but something just isn't right for her.
420-magazine-mobile944767874.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1410789023.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1733122275.jpg

Maybe it's just getting too crowded. I got to figure out something to do with this bubblegum. She's been in veg for 6 weeks today, and almost taking up half of this little tent. I've been keeping her short with LST but she is just spreading out like crazy.

These white widow autos are 35 days above ground today. I can't figure out what's up with the one on the left in the pics. She acts like she wants water, but the pot is still kind of heavy.. then if I give her water she gets all droopy like too much water.. I just can't call it. Other than being fussy about water, everything is doing fine.I'm going to use smart pots next time and see if it's these plastic pots causing the issue. I drilled lots of extra holes in the bottom of them, but something just isn't right for her.
420-magazine-mobile944767874.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1410789023.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1733122275.jpg

Maybe it's just getting too crowded. I got to figure out something to do with this bubblegum. She's been in veg for 6 weeks today, and almost taking up half of this little tent. I've been keeping her short with LST but she is just spreading out like crazy.[/

What's the ph
How is humidity what's temp
How much nutes are you feeding

I've been watering with ph 6.3- 6.5 every time.. just plain r.o. water with no nutes. The temps stay between 24°-27°C and humidity between 45-55%. I have some calmag and fox farms big bloom, but I only tried the big bloom a couple times at 1/4 strength and the plants acted crazy, like they didn't like it at all.

What lsd meen some people say it's the strain name some people say it's the Groth i bin makeing my on lights led cob
LST? Low stress training. It's basically bending the tops of the plant down and securing them. I'm no expert on it at all, but it tricks the plant into thinking the main cola is gone and promotes more growth from different parts of the plant.
420-magazine-mobile795410739.jpg
I tied the main tops down on this bubblegum so the middle would get more light and also to keep it growing out to the side instead of taller.
420-magazine-mobile1230208518.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1517576921.jpg
if all led where on u wood not see ther at 10watt the 3 led cob if i max tham u cant see nothing lol bright light bright light
I'll be honest, I don't know anything about diy lighting. There's a thread on here called "Ask us anything, sharing knowledge 420 style"... there's alot of people on there that know way way more than me about this stuff. It's a good thread and everyone is always helpful.

Well.. a damned tragedy.. dropped my pH meter on the tile floor in my bathroom last night and broke the display screen. Bad luck for sure. Anybody ever try one of these?
420-magazine-mobile753323195.jpg
seems like a great bargain at that price, as my local hydro shop has some for about $50 I think. And as much as I like giving the local guy my business, I don't want to take an extra hit to the wallet if I don't have to.. just curious if anyone has any experience with these cheap ones?

Can honestly say ph meter is cr*p dont bother just get something reliable! Dont know bout the TDS but if there that cheap cant see it lasting long?

Can honestly say ph meter is cr*p dont bother just get something reliable! Dont know bout the TDS but if there that cheap cant see it lasting long?
Lol.. I was in a bind and my cheap ass trying to save a lil money. It seems to work fine so far. The TDS meter hasn't even been out of the package yet. This thing came with the little packs of buffer powder, but directions said mix with deionized water. I got some ph7 calibration fluid and it has been spot on since I set it. I don't know how long it will last, but it works better than nothing

I keep imagining there's something wrong with these girls.. but I take them out in regular light and I don't see anything anymore.
420-magazine-mobile1338883564.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1457801090.jpg

A lot of worry for nothing I guess...

I keep imagining there's something wrong with these girls.. but I take them out in regular light and I don't see anything anymore.
420-magazine-mobile1338883564.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1457801090.jpg

A lot of worry for nothing I guess...

They look great Mike
The on must be just a prissy lil bitch...lol
Seriously they look great
I've noticed with my led the plants don't seem to have many trychoms until I move it to reg light...then the bus are white

Back
Top Bottom