FiveToMidnight's First Grow - Coco/Perlite - NL - MarsHydro 300W LED - 2015

Ok cool. Its 1.50am here so have to wait for morning to go to the shop and see what they say.
I will however start flushing #3 ready for harvest as you advise.
Its sad she wont be able to live out her potential. Will this massively affect the high when smoked do you think?

It won't affect the "high" any. You may loose a few trics in the wash, bit nothing significant. The taste and smells are deminished. To the point where if there isn't any good reason to wash, I don't. Spot mold? WASH. See mites? WASH. Thats my take on it.

It won't affect the "high" any. You may loose a few trics in the wash, bit nothing significant. The taste and smells are deminished. To the point where if there isn't any good reason to wash, I don't. Spot mold? WASH. See mites? WASH. Thats my take on it.

Ok cool, I will look at giving it a go.
Will flushing #3 now instead of waiting until she is more ripe have much affect?

I can't say, 5. I'm not there to "see" your plant
I mean just how infected are they? That's a judgement call you'll have to make. If you're going to wash, then why not hit them with a spray and buy a week. Agian, your call. Having been in your shoes more than once, I would start flushing. For me, I just wanted it to end (The grow) well, so I chopped. Either way you go, 5, you've done it. You made pot. The next time, you'll make better pot. In 12 months, you'll be growing Marijuana like a pro. Take what this taught you and start alllll over. :thumb:

I can't say, 5. I'm not there to "see" your plant
I mean just how infected are they? That's a judgement call you'll have to make. If you're going to wash, then why not hit them with a spray and buy a week. Agian, your call. Having been in your shoes more than once, I would start flushing. For me, I just wanted it to end (The grow) well, so I chopped. Either way you go, 5, you've done it. You made pot. The next time, you'll make better pot. In 12 months, you'll be growing Marijuana like a pro. Take what this taught you and start alllll over. :thumb:

Good point, but hard to judge without seeing. I don't think it is a bad infection, I have to look hard to find them and can only find them on #3.
I think I will wash and will also hit with a spray. But I will also take your advice and start flushing too.

Okay. Time for me to go get my laptop. I want a better look at your pics. I love hooking the laptop up to the big screen.

Okay. Time for me to go get my laptop. I want a better look at your pics. I love hooking the laptop up to the big screen.

I know what you mean, I only use my phone when I have to. Much prefer using a PC or Laptop, especially with this site. They need to make 420 a lot more accessible and easy to use for Mobiles.

Hi, FTM!

Sorry to hear about the mites, man. I've never had to deal with them so can't speak to it, but bud washing is quite wonderful and many people do it for all their plants, regardless of whether they've had mold or pests or sprays. I did it on my first grow.

Here's the full thread: Bud Washing

Here's a capsule description :)

Three containers: 1. lukewarm water with lemon juice and baking soda 2. lukewarm plain water 3. cool plain water

As you cut off each branch, remove the large fan leaves, then, wash it in the three containers of liquids, one at time, in the order above, swishing around fairly vigourously. After the last cool rinse, hang the branches for at least a few hours to drip dry before wet trimming (if you wet trim) or leave to dry (if you dry trim).

You won't lose trichomes :)

On another site I found this re: spider mites near harvest:

Last two weeks you can use neem, garlic oil spray, hot pepper spray, ect. Do it with temps below 76 at the beginning of the dark cycle. Any synthetic poison is a bad idea. Even permethrin bombs have permethrin butoxide... nasty stuff.

If you are only a few days from harvest, do nothing, or try shop vacuuming webs. Essentially you are screwed at this point and just have to roll with it.

Garlic and hot pepper sprays will leave a smell on your product if you use it too close to harvest.

All the best!

Hi, FTM!

Sorry to hear about the mites, man. I've never had to deal with them so can't speak to it, but bud washing is quite wonderful and many people do it for all their plants, regardless of whether they've had mold or pests or sprays. I did it on my first grow.

Here's the full thread: Bud Washing

Here's a capsule description :)

Three containers: 1. lukewarm water with lemon juice and baking soda 2. lukewarm plain water 3. cool plain water

As you cut off each branch, remove the large fan leaves, then, wash it in the three containers of liquids, one at time, in the order above, swishing around fairly vigourously. After the last cool rinse, hang the branches for at least a few hours to drip dry before wet trimming (if you wet trim) or leave to dry (if you dry trim).

You won't lose trichomes :)

On another site I found this re: spider mites near harvest:

All the best!

Thanks for that glimmer, I'll go through that thread as I'm pretty certain I'll be bud washing now. It sounds easy enough, I should be able to do it I think lol.

Thanks also for that quote, I found similar info last night in my search.
I found the two products I listed previously are sold in almost all garden stores, so going down to the local today to ask which they think would be best. Will give them a spray but will start flushing #3 also as McCdive suggested.

Well 5, Besides that spider mite you pointed out, I see a shit-ton of eggs. The onslaught is coming! I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's what's about to happen.
I took some pics of this stuff I used once. Worked fantastically! It did kill all the eggs before they hatched. The Mighty Wash did not.

20160104_210847.jpg
20160104_210903.jpg
20160104_210912.jpg
20160104_210944.jpg

See if you can find that stuff. I got it from my local Hydro store. A freebie.
Yikes! Good luck, M8.

Andy.
:Namaste:

:goodluck:On the up-side, 5, I don't think you're up to needing the 128 oz. bottle yet M8. :laughtwo: (you have to laugh or go nuts!)

Well 5, Besides that spider mite you pointed out, I see a shit-ton of eggs. The onslaught is coming! I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's what's about to happen.
I took some pics of this stuff I used once. Worked fantastically! It did kill all the eggs before they hatched. The Mighty Wash did not.

20160104_210847.jpg
20160104_210903.jpg
20160104_210912.jpg
20160104_210944.jpg

See if you can find that stuff. I got it from my local Hydro store. A freebie.
Yikes! Good luck, M8.

Andy.
:Namaste:

:goodluck:On the up-side, 5, I don't think you're up to needing the 128 oz. bottle yet M8. :laughtwo: (you have to laugh or go nuts!)

Thanks mate.
Might have to go with the other stuff I mentioned as it seems to be all I can find locally unfortunately. Will see if I can order a small bottle of the Green Cleaner too

Thanks again! :)

A more subtle approach might be to procure many lady bugs and let them have at it. Of course you'll then be tasked to wash out ladybug poop too.

Spider Mite Control: Organic Ways and Natural Killing Enemies to Control Plant Pests

The wash process is extremely simple to put together, but knowing your problem, just put some good effort into giving good shakes when jostling the bud branches through each tub/bucket of water to dissolve and work as much of that poop and carcasses out of your buds as possible. The wash does add a lemony note to the smoke, but this can be lessened if desired by adding another rinse bucket.

A more subtle approach might be to procure many lady bugs and let them have at it. Of course you'll then be tasked to wash out ladybug poop too.

Spider Mite Control: Organic Ways and Natural Killing Enemies to Control Plant Pests

The wash process is extremely simple to put together, but knowing your problem, just put some good effort into giving good shakes when jostling the bud branches through each tub/bucket of water to dissolve and work as much of that poop and carcasses out of your buds as possible. The wash does add a lemony note to the smoke, but this can be lessened if desired by adding another rinse bucket.

Yeah I read lady bugs can be great at removing the mites.
I have bought some of the spray and will apply it tonight just before lights turn off. I will also start flushing and bring this grow to a finish. Hopefully will still be a decent smoke after I wash all the crap out

I haven't, Camo.

​How about an update, 5? How are you doing with the critters??? Tell us something good!!

​How about an update, 5? How are you doing with the critters??? Tell us something good!!

Sorry guys, been a bit busy this week.
I got the Ecro-Organic spray and sprayed them twice this week with three days in between as specified on the label but I can still see a couple moving around.
I can't see as many as before though so I'm thinking they are dying but just taking a few days. It does say on the bottle that it takes several days for all of them to die so I'm hoping by mid week we should be rid of them.
Will post some more pics tomorrow when I get home from work.

Other than that both plants are being flushed and #1 is almost complete. Has been flushing for 10 days now so I'm thinking it should almost be done. It seems the general consensus is two weeks of flushing but how do you know if that is enough?
#3 has only been flushed for 5 days though so I think she needs a little longer yet. The buds don't look as developed as I think they should be either, however the trichromes seem to be pretty cloudy so I'm hoping she will still be a decent smoke.

Back
Top Bottom