Flower Lighting Opinions

Hi all ! I'm in the process of getting my perpetual grow rooms set up. I currently use a 3 x 3 x 6 tent with a Mars Hydro TSW 2000 for seedling / clones. I have a 5 x 5 x 6.5 tent I use for Veg. I have a TSW 3000 in there but need to add a little more light. The TSW 3000 doesn't cut it for a 5 x 5 veg area by itself.
Anyway, I also have a Shed I built a 4 x 8 grow room in. It's all insulated with Heat & AC with intake & exhaust ventilation. I'm looking to turn this into my dedicated flower room. I'm thinking about going with some type of HPS, CMH, Gavita, or something similar. I'm wondering what you guys would recommend to get the best yields from a light. I want to use 2 lights for better coverage so figure that in when recommending the wattage of each light.
Thanks guys ! Your help is appreciated.

The LED bar lights seem to be the best spread of light, but buying one off the shelf with a dedicated flower spectrum is a little harder. Might be time to look into building your own buds, now you know what you want.
If you're going down the hps route, those de gavita lights are power houses if you can handle the heat and got the height.

led strip build or quantum.

look at grow doctor guides dot com for in depth explanation of different mfgrs, the components they use, and what is and is not good.

you can now order lights direct from mfgr with your own mix of emitters. it's how all the new quantum board sellers are doing it. they'll even put a custom logo on it for you if you are branding it.

also look at led gardener dot com for diy builds and specs for drivers and emitters.

edit : hid is dead. the power it costs you to cool an hid grow is more than an equivalent led would consume to produce the light.

Back
Top Bottom