Fly's Intoxication Experimentation: Growing In The Smoking Room Or Smoking In The Growing Room?

Just got back from the dentist. Three fillings and my mouth is paralyzed. Hard to drink my coffee without wearing it. But I did get some indica afterwards for the emotional trauma, sitting there with three hands and a jackhammer shoved down my face with the TMJ screaming at me to close my trap. But his assistant has the most beautiful eyes (et cetera), so at least I had something to look at during the inquisition procedure.

Through the vibration and the smell of burnt tooth I seem to vaguely recall him yelling something about converting to Christianity and the forgiving of my carnal sins and I think his assistant was chaining me to the chair and turning a big wheel or something. My back feels kind of stretched. Hmmm... what was in that needle? I think I saw afterward a vial with the words "Sodium Pentathol" printed on it.

But seriously, he's actually the best dentist I've ever went to. He makes sure everything is comfortable and I've made some wicked trades with him, my carvings for some old tools. The drills fit perfectly in the small collar of my Dremel and the picks can be used for any number of purposes. It's cool to have a dentist like that.

I think this was just a mindless cannabinoid-induced rant, but there you go for my Saturday morning. It beats being on the top of a frozen truck watering it up before light with a deathly fear of heights.

While I'm waiting for the paralysis in my mouth to lift, I decided to put HP#1 to a bit of refined LST. The top two pairs of branches will be nice bud producers, and if I'm careful I could probably do a lovely manifold on it, but I think I'll leave the bottom branches for now for either clones or seeds (if my last ATF is a male). I'll just do the bonsai thing with the production branches and tie the popcorn branches down and out of the way,
20190124_115645.jpg

And here is another one of the cats, Bob. He showed up at work one weekend and I brought him home. He's not a plant-shredder - he's just laid back and likes to hang around and sleep at the head of the bed and fart in my face throughout the night. Judging by the number of other tuxedo cats in the trailer park, I think he might be a bit of a patriarch. But not any more haha, try as he might haw!
20190124_115444.jpg

The Novocaine is wearing off now and my face is starting to itch. Scratching obviously doesn't help it, so maybe I can smoke it away with another cone of generic label indica. It's only 9% and doesn't pack much of a punch stonewise, but it's some nice on the arthritis. Which brings me to this question: What is it about indica that makes it so good for body ailments, in my case arthritis, as opposed to the mind-altering sativa? I'm glad as hell that there is the difference, but the makeup of the cannabinoids and terpenoids has me very curious. I have loads of books on my tablet that is almost at the ends of its days, so I should try to get them onto my ext. hard drive.

I vaguely remember reading research on how cannabis helps with pain, and the answer was that it doesn't reduce or block pain signals the way opioids or nsaids do. It makes you care less about the pain you have. I guess a sativa might make the mind more active and therefore more aware of what is going on.

I'm just postulating.

I never thought I'd say this but your HP#1 looks a little nitro-starved!

I vaguely remember reading research on how cannabis helps with pain, and the answer was that it doesn't reduce or block pain signals the way opioids or nsaids do. It makes you care less about the pain you have. I guess a sativa might make the mind more active and therefore more aware of what is going on.

I'm just postulating.

I never thought I'd say this but your HP#1 looks a little nitro-starved!
That explanation, if correct, goes 100% with what I say about it, and what my sister-in-law said about it when she was on chemo: "It still hurts but I don't give a shit."

And HP#1 is a little nitro-starved. That's why I got it out if the starter pot into this 4- or 5L bucket until I get it into the 5-gal. It's actually coming around quite well. I'm discontinuing the fishwater on them for now; I'll go with Miracle-Gro. When I get some compost in the spring I'll decide what to do.

And speaking of which, in an hour and a half I'll be getting a q.o. of relief for the day. And since I have another carving ready to bring in to one of the girls at the pot shop, I may even end up with a gram of high-CBD relief as well. I'll have to go to the store and buy a pack of big cones while I'm at it. The girl that works there is simply breathtaking and it's always nice to go in for a chat with her. I have strange reasons for shopping where I do.

Yeah, no kidding. Earlier the week the power was gone for 14 hours. Froze my ass off in bed that night. I had the cat crawling under the sheets with me.
Yeah buddy... that weather gets pretty nasty. I'm a TX transplant. I grew up in Chicago. I'm watching the news right now and I'm thankful I didn't move back up that way. LoL
My bones don't handle the cold anymore.
They're talking negative 20°-30° wind chill temps this week, with heavy snowfall! Fuck that! I'm already stiff and sore from our temps here in TX. Been bouncing around freezing temps all week. At least it has been getting into the 50's in the afternoon.

Just got home again. Got my black market Kush and an appointment for 3:00 this afternoon to get the car looked at. Christ, I'll be in no shape to drive by then.

And in 15 minutes the pot shop opens so I'll go down to get a gram of CBD and pay a bill across the parking lot.

When I went through town I saw that, not surprisingly, the river is flooded its banks. I gotta say, building - and even more stupidly - buying a house on a floodplain is not the way to go. I saw one house flooded and nearby ones were close to flooding. I guess the Tim Horton's parking lot is probably underwater by now... have to go by for a coffee and see.

Well, I guess it's time to do up a cone and go check out some storm damage. I'll look into getting a pic of two to show what's going on, although in relatives terms for storm damage this one ain't overly bad. Back in a while.

Wow, just got a full-size look at it. It looks like a beach, but it's just the silt that washed in from the river onto the paved parking lot. There are cleanup crews out in full force and many bodies of water that can't permeate the frost into the ground.

We usually get a couple midwinter thaws like this, But I'm here until 3:00 now when I bring in the car to get fixed.

So I was into the pot shop bearing a gift this morning for the girl who I guess, is the manager or something. A very pretty girl, for sure, who was "anxiously awaiting" her "Al gift". and the girl that served me was wearing hers, which I really like to see, and I let her know so.

But my recipient today was in the back room and the girl that was serving me went to fetch her. She came out the door actually jumping and squealing when she saw me. I knew this was going to be a fun encounter. She ran over gibbering something, the gist of which amounted to "gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme...!" I love reactions like that. It also shows that what I'm doing is greatly appreciated.

She said "what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it what is it...!"

I said, "it's made of dark green soapstone..." She responded with a hushed, excited, "ooh.""

I looked into her pretty eyes and continued, "it's a cameo..." "Ooooohhhhhhh", a little on the squeaky side.

I reached into my pocket and pulled it out and showed it to her. "OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

I handed it to her and was rewarded with two arms thrown around my neck either hard enough to cause problems or remove existing ones. She hugged me right tight and when I felt her against me I had to pull her even tighter and savour the moment; not very often now at 55 and usually wearing clothes that smell like fish do I get to enjoy pretty young girls who are willing to get that close to me in public any more. Hey, I know what you're thinking, fuckin' guy's just a dirty old man, or bastard's stoned out of his mind and making a fool of himself or something like that. Yeah, well, so what? I'm not going to deny it.

I was waiting to give her a carving; I knew that she loves the ones I've already been in with and I could tell she couldn't wait to get one. I've been doing this stuff for years an'd I've become somewhat, let'd say adept, at gauging reactions. Same thing with one of the girls at the jewelry store when I swept through there a few years back. I made some real cool trades there: a comforter for my bed; lots of baked goods; an ounce of primo homegrown medical weed; a plastic grocery bag of shake; baked goods. and that was just at the jewelry store.

But after she calmed down and went back to work, I was shown some new kinds they had in, and although they had no 1g's of CBD, I bought one today, trade name Wappa, 17.7%, no strain name given - some companies do. The brand name of this weed is Namaste. Good shit, takes like fruit and diesel. But I digress... Yeah, I bought a gram of it just because I was there, and I came home to wait to go to the garage.

So here I am in the smoking room, about to check on the progress of the girls.

Back
Top Bottom