Flytier's CKS Candy Cane Organic Closet Grow - Fall Of 2017

November 23, 2017
Days 37 & 13

So I'm onto the second phase of fish ferts now. We had a pump go down in the shit pit today and the water rose to the overflow pipes
a20171123_110654.jpg

The water is supposed to be about five or six feet feet below this level, so I was able to dip a 2L Coke bottle in and get some new "secret ingredient" (hopefully). I brought it home (making sure I hosed the bottle down first) and tried it on one of the NYC Diesel autos. So now that I've started on it I think I'll continue it on this one plant to see how it performs compared to the other two seedlings which I'll keep as the control specimens. I won't use it every time I water, just in case it's too hot, but maybe every couple weeks or so.

If anyone has any experience growing fish with fish waste, any input would be appreciated.

If anyone has any experience growing plants with fish waste that would be an amazing coincidence. I think you are our resident fish waste expert!

Not yet, but I'm working on it. I am, however, flattered that you have confidence in my knowledge of shit.

Novenber 25, 2017
Day 39

I wanted to get a good look at my Candy Cane auto this morning so I got some pictures and did some Photoshopping. She's piling on the trichomes for sure. And talk about dense! Whoa!

And anyone familiar with my growing history will be pleased to know that my back was in horrible pain two days ago and my girl is still standing! Am I learning some restraint? Stay tuned to see.
a1126.jpg

I'm seeing a SOTM coming up for that baby! Hope your back is feeling better and the overtime was worth it ;)

Thanks. The other SPoGs are beginning a bit of a flowering stretch and losing their SPoGginess, but this one is SPoGging on. It may undergo an early harvest so I can fit another one into the growspace. Still working on the perpetual harvest, and if I have to sacrifice one or two to get onto a schedule/rhythm, oh well. I can live with it.

My back is actually feeling pretty good today, and I got a quarter lined up. Bring 'er on! And overtime is always worth it.

Lol my only advise with fish shit is to seriously dilute that crap before feeding lol start with a cup per gallon or something and go up from there! Otherwise your medium will get gummed up physically and chemically and you'll get some mighty fine lockout lol

Spog is coming along lol keep your hands off the scissors and she'll double her weight for you .

Lol my only advise with fish shit is to seriously dilute that crap before feeding lol start with a cup per gallon or something and go up from there! Otherwise your medium will get gummed up physically and chemically and you'll get some mighty fine lockout lol

Spog is coming along lol keep your hands off the scissors and she'll double her weight for you .

Dilute it, eh? You mean I shouldn't have given it a whole undiluted litre?

Double in weight? Then I can expect to get 3g out of it? Wowee! Shit, that'll last me a whole two hours.

Sorry for the sarcasm; force of habit.

Dilute it, eh? You mean I shouldn't have given it a whole undiluted litre?

Double in weight? Then I can expect to get 3g out of it? Wowee! Shit, that'll last me a whole two hours.

Sorry for the sarcasm; force of habit.
Lol well see how the plant takes it I guess . I'd be curious to see ppms on that undiluted fish shit XD

Yea man almost an eighth ;P . . oops all gone XD

Lol well see how the plant takes it I guess . I'd be curious to see ppms on that undiluted fish shit XD

Yea man almost an eighth ;P . . oops all gone XD

When I tested the water with the spectrophotometer at work the ppm of P was somewhere around 3-4 ppm. Never did a N or K test on it. Not sure if we have the reagents for K.

I think I just smoked it all thinking about it.

Oh I just wonder what other stuff is in there too! Overall ppm is just as important as the individual elements

Looks like we're playing forum tag here XD

Oh I just wonder what other stuff is in there too! Overall ppm is just as important as the individual elements

Looks like we're playing forum tag here XD

Yeah, I've been confused for a half hour or so.

When you say overall ppm do you mean TDS?

Well tds yea

Ppm is e.c. x 500

N tds is e.c. x700

I work with ppm cause I'm lame lol most guys like e.c. especially in hydro cause there's less margin for error by way of doing the wrong conversions lol

Well tds yea

Ppm is e.c. x 500

N tds is e.c. x700

I work with ppm cause I'm lame lol most guys like e.c. especially in hydro cause there's less margin for error by way of doing the wrong conversions lol

I go with ppm because it's what I learned in university and what I use at work. I don't do hydro and I don't even know what e.c. is.

I gotta head out and pick up a bed. Catch ya later on.

Not sure what MadDab's spog® is going to give him but he didn't feed his at all. I've been slamming mine with P and K and we should have a wet weight in the next couple of days!

I started my two smallest SPoGs® on shitwater as of today to see if will make a difference. They got potted up a single big pot (1 1/2 gallon or so bucket) to get them out of the 5" starter pots. Had to do it in one pot because it's all the room I have in my growspace. But on the plus side, I have a full house again.

The ones in front row centre and on the right in back are the fish water test subjects; the rest are the controls. Front right is trying hard to unSPoGify, but she don't have me fooled for a minute. Back row centre decided she wanted to LST herself when I watered her yesterday; I may not have planted her deep enough. Front left, my star SPoG, would be a cool one to do a cross with if I had any males of a killer strain like Hash Plant or Silver Haze. But for now I'll play biochemist and worry about playing geneticist next year.

aDSCI1472.jpg

Back
Top Bottom