From Seed to Smoke - RQS Blue Mystic & OG Kush - DWC scrog

I notice on a branch drying, the tips dry snapping before the lower smaller ends
so I wait till half of it snaps and into jars it goes
my reasoning for this is the bigger buds are the ones with the stems snapping
and the smaller lower buds not quite snapping but almost
is that usually the dry half is a bit overdried so the moisture left in the other half makes up for it
I hope that kinda makes sense
also I don't wash so my drying times are 3-4 days closer to 3 than 4 at 4 days I don't even have to open jars once its in
but I also think drying times may vary by area and season
its funny cause Hawaii isn't the most dry arid place but it can dry out quick at least it seems to me some dry places take longer to dry weed than humid places weird any ideas on why that would be? also could be the washing that extends drying as you are soaking it down

:yahoo: Happy Harvest! Tha'ss a big bucket of gold right there.

Having washed a bit, I've found that it does slightly increase the drying time, but it's hard to say by how much, as my dry times vary greatly by season. If I had to guess, I'd say it adds half a day maybe. Not much, but a little.

Amazing grow, and one hell of a pull too :high-five:

Congrats :) Awesome looking. Smoking Blue Mystic now... :)

You lucky bum, I'm looking forward to the fruity blueberry taste.;)
Thanks man.

I notice on a branch drying, the tips dry snapping before the lower smaller ends
so I wait till half of it snaps and into jars it goes
my reasoning for this is the bigger buds are the ones with the stems snapping
and the smaller lower buds not quite snapping but almost
is that usually the dry half is a bit overdried so the moisture left in the other half makes up for it
I hope that kinda makes sense
also I don't wash so my drying times are 3-4 days closer to 3 than 4 at 4 days I don't even have to open jars once its in
but I also think drying times may vary by area and season
its funny cause Hawaii isn't the most dry arid place but it can dry out quick at least it seems to me some dry places take longer to dry weed than humid places weird any ideas on why that would be? also could be the washing that extends drying as you are soaking it down

I'm not to sure about drying times in different climates but I would put up with +/- a day or two to live in Hawaii.;)
There is still snow on the ground where I live but Its slowly melting, another week or so and it should all be gone. Very long winter this year, usually all the snow is gone by early April.

I'm gonna keep a close eye on the buds and check every day or two until they are dried & ready. The great thing about CVaults is if the buds do over dry a little, the Cvault with the bovida packs will add or remove moisture to get humidity lvls to 62% humidity for the perfect cure.
I'll keep you posted.

:yahoo: Happy Harvest! That'ss a big bucket of gold right there.

Having washed a bit, I've found that it does slightly increase the drying time, but it's hard to say by how much, as my dry times vary greatly by season. If I had to guess, I'd say it adds half a day maybe. Not much, but a little.

Amazing grow, and one hell of a pull too :high-five:

Thanks buddy, I didn't take any pics of the buds before/after the bud wash cause I had stuff everywhere and It was getting late. I was tired and the grow room was a mess after harvest and wash. To the trained (my) eye though, there was no difference in the look of the trichomes and buds after the wash. They still looked very tasty:yummy:
I'll put up with an extra day of drying for nice clean, smooth nugs.;)

Congrats on your harvest friend. :goodjob:

Thanks NGK.:rollit:

Congrats on your harvest Stealth.

Everyone, join Cannafan (Princess DIY), KJC (Judge John), myself & the rest of us for the next episode of THE REPS ARE RIGHT tomorrow. Check my signature.

Hi everyone.:ciao:

Had a little tragedy last night. I went to the grow to clean up and disinfect the closet and reservoir after harvest. I did all that and then filled up the reservoir for my OG Kush Clone. While I was putting the plant into the reservoir I caught it on the edge of the closet and accidentally broke it in half!! So its dead. :rip:

I popped 2 RQS Critical and 1 more OG Kush seed last night. As it stands right now I've got 1 closet completely out of commission, and my rotation is gone.

that blows. stuff like that happens. happened to me when i was drinking and gardening LOL sorry bro

Ah no; I've got Chopin's third movement in his Sonata No. 2 in B-flat Minor playing in my dome bra!

Uuugggghhhhh....

Sorry to hear it man...:sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry:

that blows. stuff like that happens. happened to me when i was drinking and gardening LOL sorry bro

Sorry to hear that stealth! Major bummer!!

Oh well, Thanks guys. Not that huge a deal I guess, just puts me about 2 weeks behind schedule. The silver lining is I get to try a new strain, Critical.
Here's the write up from RQS...

THC 16%
CBD Low
Yield Indoor 550-600gr m2
Yield Outdoor 600-650 grams per plant dried
Height Indoor 80 - 140 cm
Height Outdoor 180 - 220 cm
Flowering time 7 weeks
Harvest month Late September
Genetic background Afghani x Skunk
Type Sativa: 30% Indica: 70%
Effect Stoned, physically and mentally

Our Critical plant is an Indica dominant genetic which shows in its small size, staying below 1 metre tall. It has short internode spacing, which will eventually fill up with buds, making it the high-yielding specimen it is. Its small height also makes it suitable for those looking to grow in small spaces, for the more discreet growers.

Grown indoors, it will average 65-75 grams per plant and can easily hit 600 grams per square metre under a 600W light. Grown outdoors, it prefers a warmer climate such as in Spain, Italy or California and, given the right conditions, will produce over 100 grams per plant. Due to its relatively short flowering time, it can be grown in more northern latitudes (UK, Netherlands); however, it will not reach its full potential as she would indoors.

No other plant from Royal Queen Seeds will yield as much in 7 weeks as Critical Feminized. This short flowering time makes it suitable for growers with a tight schedule. Commercial growers will be pleased with the results in sea/screen of green operations as it delivers large yields with very little maintenance.

The final key to a good commercial crop is a solid smoke; it wouldn't make sense to have such a high-yielding plant with no power in the puff. Therefore we are glad to say that Critical offers just as much in the stone as it does in the yield. It brings a nice stoned effect which mellows you down into a relaxed vibration.

I'm looking forward to trying this new strain with shorter flowering time, along with maintaining the OG Kush strain for a couple more grows.

Back
Top Bottom