From Seed to Smoke - RQS Blue Mystic & OG Kush - DWC scrog

Man, I guess things like that can help keep us paying attention more later on, but it still sucks stealth. You're definitely taking the silver lining. because afterall, it's only 2 weeks, and you DO get to pop a new strain. ;)

Man that stinks! Sorry. Hey quick question is it hard to do res change when you scrog

not hard at all, I have a submersible pump with a hose attached that I leave in the reservoir. I just flick a switch, the pump turns on and drains the reservoir into 5 gallon jugs I use for this purpose.;)

Hey, Go half-pound that next one ;)

I'm thinking I might hit a 1/2 pound with the Blue Mystic this round. I'm gonna check again tomorrow to be sure, but I think tomorrow is the night I start trimming. All the bigger buds should be dry enough by then.

I trimmed up the smaller stuff from the bottom of the plant (all the buds from the purple drying rack in my last update.), I haven't weighed it, but it looks to be around 1 ounce of decent stuff to keep for smoking. I also threw about another ounce of the bright green immature bottom buds into the freezer that were not worth smoking. I'm keeping it for hash making down the road.
I still have the majority of the plant, all the main cola's and nugs to trim up tomorrow night. (All the buds hanging on hangers in the last update)

I'll probably have a final weight for the journal by Wednesday. I'll update you all as soon as possible.;)

Hi all.:ciao:

The results are in!!!

Not quite as much as I was hoping, but it is a new record for the small closet.;)

GRAND TOTAL FOR THE BLUE MYSTIC.....

173.8 grams = 6.2 ounces = 0.72 g/Watt

IMG_0001121.JPG

IMG_0002127.JPG

IMG_0006112.JPG

IMG_0005125.JPG

IMG_0003130.JPG

The Blue Mystic was a pleasure to grow, but I think I misjudged the final yield because I kept the canopy much more even than the last grow (White Widow). There was still about 18-24 inches clearance from the top of the canopy to the LED lights this grow, but the White Widow was practically touching the lights. This clearance made for nice cola's this round, but because the plant wasn't as tall there wasn't as much bud overall.
I still beat the previous grow's record by 3.6g's, not a huge amount but I'll take what I can get.

The Buds are all trimmed up and put into a Mega Vault for curing and storage until needed. I haven't smoked any yet but as you can see from the pictures, the buds still look nice and frosty after the bud wash. I can also say it was very sticky trimming also.
Thanks to everyone for checking out and keeping up with the journal, Its was a good grow. The journey and journal continues with the OG Kush. Next update on Friday, until then, stay medicated my friends.;)

Thanks Stealth :thanks: :high-five:
yours isn't anything to sneeze at either
cant wait to see it fill out :thumb:

Hi everyone.:ciao:

Had a little tragedy last night. I went to the grow to clean up and disinfect the closet and reservoir after harvest. I did all that and then filled up the reservoir for my OG Kush Clone. While I was putting the plant into the reservoir I caught it on the edge of the closet and accidentally broke it in half!! So its dead. :rip:

I popped 2 RQS Critical and 1 more OG Kush seed last night. As it stands right now I've got 1 closet completely out of commission, and my rotation is gone.
:sorry: about the bad news but...

Oh well, Thanks guys. Not that huge a deal I guess, just puts me about 2 weeks behind schedule. The silver lining is I get to try a new strain, Critical.
Here's the write up from RQS...

I'm looking forward to trying this new strain with shorter flowering time, along with maintaining the OG Kush strain for a couple more grows.
you've got the right attitude.

Hi all.:ciao:

The results are in!!!

Not quite as much as I was hoping, but it is a new record for the small closet.;)

GRAND TOTAL FOR THE BLUE MYSTIC.....

173.8 grams = 6.2 ounces = 0.72 g/Watt
That's still an impressive harvest Stealth.

:sorry: about the bad news but...

you've got the right attitude.

That's still an impressive harvest Stealth.

Over 1/3 lb of primo, extra-special bud (strain, home-grown). What else is there to say?

.72 gpw is respectable too bro, and you're still on the up-trend. ;)

:) Thanks guys..:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom