Funny First Grow Outdoor/Balcony OG Kush + Grape Ape

gives you the chills huh? i lowkey freaked out guys...
Dog, im beginning to find out whats causing such a fucked up infestation.....
Staffy, chills bro.... chills...... :surrender:
52, i found potatoes! im gona go to the depot and buy some sticky traps in a bit... im cookn somethn up in my head... i might go with my own household method but w/ doing research of course....

the fuckn organic soil. i kinda saw this coming.... shit rang a bell and made me think about these white things.... ive seen em before... not on plants but in my lizards terrarium.... i dont think they hurt him but i know he was irritated.... i fuckd up on that too adding what i now believe was "organic" potting soil to his cypressmulch mix... he was livin with those things for months....
i have raid bugspray, and ecosmart flying insect killer spray.... i just wana spray the drain holes a little with either one so the mites dont crawl on my floor but instead go up to the potatoes.... and ima bridge the sticky pads across the pots since i now read the gnats run around topsoil too not just fly...
fuck man. im so stupid. i shoulda went with the pantyhose and perlite quicker. live and learn.

"Fungus gnat larvae feed on highly organic soils and can damage plant roots."
remember that batshit i was breakn up??:thumb: idiot...... i shoulda, woulda, coulda.....

ugh..... i now plan to flush the shit outa them with my foxfarms trio mix since nothings organic in that.... maybe those damn whitethings wont grub as much.... my local hydro guy says add peroxide to the flush... also says it might take me a while to overcome this cycle.... :bravo: funny... you done fuckn did it....

You may want to post that picture in the help section here so it will have more visibility with people that know how to fix that sort of thing. I would be shooting from the hip. It is funny (ironic actually) that you go organic and are forced to use chemicals to fight off pest as a result of it.

lol umm i thought about the flush and its a not gona happen.... i figured ive been watering them and the runoff dont look so brown much.... it lookd like pee when i watered em today...
i also saw little tiny red/orange mites/spiders.... i did some reading and it could be either a red velvet spider/mite or a clover mite.... didnt get a chance to smoosh one but i took a picture....
SDC11399.jpg
SDC11401.jpg

been readn bout bugs all day.... tired... i hope these damn fly tapes work.... hodepot didnt have those regular yellow sticky pads.... think theyll work for now?
SDC11402.jpg

haha you think so? that would be pretty dope actually :)
yea dog, im tryin my best... those damn fly catchers are freakn annoying... the glue got all over my hands and i didnt exactly have a smile on my face tryna get that shit off......
my local bargain store didnt havem... only the ones for rats and roaches.....
i sliced up some potatoes and put some on topsoil... ima check on em tomorrow and see if they really work....
did i have to cut them up in cubes? would thin slices still work?

besides this infestation massacre...
just a quick Update....

day 18 flower Hulkz
i put my other 4inch fan in there to increase air flow and i have that as an intake with a stocking as a bugfilter over the duct opening
i have the 260cfm 6in fan as an exhaust with the smartpot ziptied to the end of ducting...
i have it stretched down to where i think the heat from the reflectors gettn blown from the small fan i have oscillating in the back...

*you can see the potatoe slices i placed on top for the damn larvae to feast on so i can toss em out tomorrow morning....
*im gona go get some pantyhose because i see those damn flies crawlin out the drainholes... stupid me thinkn i didnt need em.... i wonder if i should add perlite to the top.... wouldnt this create a more moist and humid environment in the pot? wouldnt aerate properly would it?
*you can see those stupid flytraps hanging.... hasnt even caught one yet... i swatted like 5 already....
SDC11403.jpg

*temps were great today. not always perfect. i needa get that on point...
SDC11407.jpg

*flowershots at week 3
SDC11404.jpg
SDC11406.jpg
SDC11405.jpg

keepn a close eye out for larvae and flies.... update soon....:peace:

Yo funny, just checkin' in man. Sorry to see the bug explosion, damn, those pictures of 'em look freaky! Best of luck to killin' every last one! I got worms on my buds during my first grow, had to pick 'em out by hand. Also, those bud shots are really nice man, great photography work right there!

thanks xbox, im tryin here... i left em in the tub for an extra 10 minutes after the initial 10 i gavem for drainge.... i kept washn away the larvae crawlin out the pots as well as wipin em off the sides so it shoulda done somethin at least.... i think they went back in their little caves though... hell yea theyre freaky.... i was like dust? from where? moving dust? aww fuck..... =/
haha nice photography? man i just aim and shoot haha thanks though X
:peace:

More than paid his dues! But funny is a fighter and hasn't been beat yet, keep fightin brother :peace:

damn 52 yknow i aint givin up just yet bruh! if i had the whip i definately woulda went and scooped that gognats up and try that out. at this point anything could help. for now its potatoes and faith. i lost faith in those damn flytraps the moment that shit started stickn everywhere and leavn glue residue..... no bueno..... im wishn the clovers eat the larvaes or stick around and eat the pupaes.... come on!!!
you think perlite on top would suffocate them and get rid of em? i know you havent seen larvae yet, but youve seen a fair amount of gnats to make u pull the panythose trick on em. any difference in growth? were they still aerating right?
i got 5 bucks left and im contemplatin..... pantyhose, or sticky traps...
=/

Beautiful pictures:)

thanks jesus! :goof:
its a small samsung camera... i bet its capable of way more than how im puttn it to use... i havent even read the manual, just goin by basic knowledge haha...
havent been by your grow in a minute... i remember the sick roughneck build ill be by soon dawg

i also saw little tiny red/orange mites/spiders.... i did some reading and it could be either a red velvet spider/mite or a clover mite.... didnt get a chance to smoosh one but i took a picture....
SDC11401.jpg

been readn bout bugs all day.... tired... i hope these damn fly tapes work.... hodepot didnt have those regular yellow sticky pads.... think theyll work for now?

Damn funny, you have had a rough weekend. To me, that pic looks more like an aphid, have you looked at that possibility or are you sure its the gnats? This one seems to look almost yellowy or orangy like an aphid sometimes do...

SDC11395.jpg

To me these look more like small aphids than gnat larvae, my larvae did not have legs and resembled more of a worm than the crawling leggy looking ones in this pic. What ever they are man, thats some scary shit considering how many there are... Really makes me cringe looking at those photos, good luck dude.

here is a good pic of gnats at both stages of life : https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Aphids_feeding_on_fennel.jpg

Wow funny you are dealing with it all this grow. It's better than a soap opera :)

All kidding aside good luck! I'd suggest neem oil or azamax, they seem to kill anything. I had great luck all summer with fertilome's triple action - it's neem oil based and you can use it as a spray or a drench. Same with azamax.

You may not have the money now, but pick up something like that when you're in better shape. It's great to have on hand.

Good luck with those bastards.

Damn funny, you have had a rough weekend. To me, that pic looks more like an aphid, have you looked at that possibility or are you sure its the gnats? This one seems to look almost yellowy or orangy like an aphid sometimes do...

SDC11395.jpg

To me these look more like small aphids than gnat larvae, my larvae did not have legs and resembled more of a worm than the crawling leggy looking ones in this pic. What ever they are man, thats some scary shit considering how many there are... Really makes me cringe looking at those photos, good luck dude.

here is a good pic of gnats at both stages of life : https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Aphids_feeding_on_fennel.jpg

man.... i cant believe this shit..... i see a grip of those red mites now.... my potatoe slices rotted overnight i think..... but i flipd em over and i saw some o those tiny white ones and some red mites..... umm.... im gona do my reading now on aphids but seems like most sappy insects are aphids correct?
thanks for the link... but that shit was nasty too wow...... cant have nothn like that on my stems mayn
im just gona keep wipn off the sides of the pots until i come up with somethn or if money magically shows up :)

Wow funny you are dealing with it all this grow. It's better than a soap opera :)

All kidding aside good luck! I'd suggest neem oil or azamax, they seem to kill anything. I had great luck all summer with fertilome's triple action - it's neem oil based and you can use it as a spray or a drench. Same with azamax.

You may not have the money now, but pick up something like that when you're in better shape. It's great to have on hand.

Good luck with those bastards.

instead of buying sprays and stuff i was actually thinkn of buyn more bugs or somethin haha.... but damnit i really wana get this under control....
ok so im reading and theyre not fungus gnats.... the fly trap caught one though... only one....
the red mites are increasing in number..... i dont think theyre on the leaves or anything.. just yet... so freakn small man...
i was originally gona go get some neem oil based stuff at HD today but im limited to 5 bucks.... wont do huh?

just realized when I posted the link to that pic I said it was gnats, but its aphids, think you already realized that but just wanted to clarify since I was smoking quite a bit of hash last night :) Good luck dude - glad to hear they havent started hanging out on the actual plants , just pots & soil... there is still hope !

Back
Top Bottom