Funny First Grow Outdoor/Balcony OG Kush + Grape Ape

Wow bro, seriously niiiiiiice! They are looking super bushy and green just like mine were, I have good visions for those plants in the near future...

IH0 and IH2 are my favourite looking, very even canopy of lush green :) Good job being vigilant about the PH too looks like thats paying off.

Wow bro, seriously niiiiiiice! They are looking super bushy and green just like mine were, I have good visions for those plants in the near future...

IH0 and IH2 are my favourite looking, very even canopy of lush green :) Good job being vigilant about the PH too looks like thats paying off.

haha hey Grow! IH0 is my favorite one! it always took the nutes better than the rest and did always look even.... :smokin:
IH2 is next on my list too, shes tryna be the overachiever haha tryna be the tallest girl in there lol.... its fun to watch em hog all the space under the cfls as much as possible hahaha...... :)

yea the ph..... hopefully it wont be a pain in the future...... checking ph like 20 times was no joke...... but i guess im prepared now that ive stuck the meter everywhere possible hahaha

oh yea grow.... i just got a fixture from my homie for free.... i remember we used this to keep a dragon warm and lit up with all the uv stuff..... we had plans to breed bearded dragons before i picked up a diff bigger lizard.... and so on......

it has 2 sockets on each end ( i stuck a couple 26w cfls in there and they lit up!:)) it has one flouro fixture in dead center.... (used this for the uv flouro) fits a 2ft t5............ measurements are 30" long x 8" wide x 4" deep.........
i just took quick flics with phone.
IMG003081.JPG
IMG003071.JPG
IMG003061.JPG

should i keep that flouro fixture in there? each socket has its own cable and switch.

i wana make something permanent outa this..... i only thought of moving those bolted on sockets to be bolten onto the top of the fixture... and takin out the flouro, since that ballast thing is heavy and annoying........ whattya think?? any sugg?? i want this thing to put out as much lumens as my current cheap-o fixture, if not more.........

Very nice and looking healthy and green!

thanks mayne! dawg your grow is sick as hell too! i wana grow variety next time! and dude gratz on the fem! :blunt:

Nice score! :cheer: :blunt:

Free / cheap /used stuff is really the way to go, you are also doing your part to help the environment, in more ways than one (plants giving their oxygen back too). GROW POT SAVE THE WORLD!!!???!?!? :) (I am freshly ripped, just took a bucket hit of BuBBa then showered, you know that post-shower extra high you get? ).

But yeah dawg nice score for sure. A bit of metalwork and you got yourself a permanent veg or clone light (thats what I'd use it for). For flower you might want something that spreads a bit more on both axis and/or a bunch of different sources of light to move to each bud site. But that's like the perfect veg room or clone room light IMO.

Well that will server as inspiration for me of the DIY cheap/free mentality - heading out right now to the used computer store, U-brew (co2 parts), and grocery store for some molasses :cool:

I figure with $10-15, it should pay for itself by harvest time.

Perfect clone light bro and get rid of the fluoro. Grab yourself some 30+ Watt daylight CFL's from Home Depot and just use the reflector. It will come in handy and keep the heat to a minimum for clones... very sensitive

YUP! thanks Growheart and herbsnbuds!
haha i know i got a little metalwork to do! but i think things are coming along though! and that goes for everyone! every grow ive been keepn up with or try to..... theyve all impressed the hell outa me and its hella motivating! thanks yall! and yes. the flouro is moving out tomorrow! that damn square ballast thing pisses me off....

yeyuh!!!! im so excited right now. dont know why. oh i know why! i just sold my dslr that was hibernating for the past few months! i just use one of those small handheld digital samsungs..... im over my dslr days..... damn fad..... i now have some side stash for funding my grow!

i wont be spending anything on lights (maybe a couple more cfls) but i think i can finally get started on building the CFL fixture that Giovanni has been using. that shit goes hard! haha Growheart, i was lookn at a grip of 125watters today, and i dont think i can afford that right now.... tryna pitch in on rent since ive been skimpn out for these past few months......... maybe if my girl decides to grow somethin small then id buy it for her. not that youre growin anything small Grow! haha!
oh and btw U-brew? isnt that like a winery? or where they sell liquor stuff? herbsnbuds just posted up some good co2 stuff over at his thread :smokin:

goodnight fellas! btw the ladies are gettn real bushy and green! just the way i like it! muahaha

quick UPDATE:

2x4x5 tent came in the mail.... one of those ebay ones.... canvas feels real thick and sturdy as hell.... fits perfect in my closet w/o blocking other stuff that i needa get to.....

transplanted all 5 Incrediblez to 3gal smartpots.....
theyre dope as hell..... Kylester816's grow with smartpots

check em out..... Smart Pots......

i didnt have much perlite.... so i just used what i had.... and i think it made a 85/15 mixture..... im not trippn though.... smart pots aerate hella quick.... this should even out hopefully.....

im adding 2 more 26w 6500k cfls.... i still goto build a fixture for the tent ima flower in.... for now im just using my wing-a-light and 2 domes.......
that makes 4/42w cfls (2 x 2700k) (2 x 6500k) and 2/26w 6500k cfls for a total of 6....
and around 14k lumens..... at least thats what output is.... im not sure if im gettn all of em.....

i let the smart pots drain for 10 minutes today...... or.... im letting them drain for 10 minutes...... theyre in the bathtub as we speak draining.... lol.....

pictures soon to come. i kinda gave away the whole "budget" setup and grow with the tent i think..... haha...... and maybe the pots? its somethin i hada do to keep my mom from naggin bout the dank smell comin from my closet..... she watches tv and drama stuff in my room so yea......

stay tuned peeps.... :goof:

"I must spread some rep around" haha, awesome shit funny, you are taking it up a notch and glad to hear it I am. Who needs a DSLR when your nugs will be DOPE :)

green , bushy, new setup, good ph, tent, smart pots (something new to me - sweet! +rep if i could again) damn I like where this journal is going. High places, thats where! :hookah: :surf:

:welldone: :goodluck:

YUP! thanks Growheart and herbsnbuds!
i wont be spending anything on lights (maybe a couple more cfls) but i think i can finally get started on building the CFL fixture that Giovanni has been using. that shit goes hard! haha Growheart, i was lookn at a grip of 125watters today, and i dont think i can afford that right now.... tryna pitch in on rent since ive been skimpn out for these past few months......... maybe if my girl decides to grow somethin small then id buy it for her. not that youre growin anything small Grow! haha!
oh and btw U-brew? isnt that like a winery? or where they sell liquor stuff? herbsnbuds just posted up some good co2 stuff over at his thread :smokin:

goodnight fellas! btw the ladies are gettn real bushy and green! just the way i like it! muahaha

I'd say go with gio's setup mang - my 125's kick off a bit of heat, aren't as easy to position around the plant, but they are still pretty simple to move around I guess. If i could go back to before starting and have known of 420 mag, its impossible to say what I would have done different... i was totally in the dark at the time and didn't even realize you could buy books on growing lol

And last night stumbled upon herbsnbuds post which was awesome. u-brew is for beer i was looking for the 2 L caps that have the rubber in middle but they didnt have em. (those are great for building buckets with a glass bowl stuck inside btw). And a winery would have the co2 valve things, also rubber pieces to make it, but you know what tape and rubber tube seems to be a cheaper way.

just caught up on your grow homie!

Can't believe i wasn't subscribed to yours or grows! daaamn

girls look great dude!! theyre bigger than mine at same age so you must be doing your shit right bro!!! haaaaaaiilll yeeeeyuh~!

:welldone:

ps. badass light fixture for free =P

-O

I can understand if the lady awaits but we are all awaiting some updated pics. The anxiety is getting more intense by the day. Its like we've been told to "HURRY UP AND WAIT!!!"

:lot-o-toke:

lol

ok so heres the UPDATE: w/flics haha my bad about the wait!

what it do Growheart! tape and rubber tube it is! fina make mine right now!

thanks for stoppin in Odorous!(sick score i know haha) herbs you crack me up dawg! LOL

damn.... so the lights came on, i thought everything was fine so i left the house with the moms to get groceries..... i came back and noticed that my damn wing-a-light was lower than the last time i checked..... i caught it quick and didnt let the burn get too serious...... just a little leaf top burnt.... whew...
here she is......
72104_1442668955751_1503914826_30908234_5641900_n.jpg

so the tent i picked up is from LighthouseHydro..... i didnt really check their stuff out or nothin..... but the tent is dope. the canvas is real thick and heavy. its well worth the $99 i spent....
66320_1442672995852_1503914826_30908245_3547147_n.jpg

and it fits perfectly on one side of my closet without stickn out or nothin....
67492_1442686716195_1503914826_30908247_4727407_n.jpg

I transplanted all 5 of my Incrediblez to their 3 gal smart pots... fed em 1 liter each with superthrive and lime juice yesterday, and i did the same today.... a little bit more superthrive to be on the safe side hahaha.... i think they had a lil growth spurt.... im not sure haha i look at my plants way too much to really recognize anything these days..... so i guess i transplanted at just the right time........ look at them roots!
66914_1441582568592_1503914826_30906189_8358418_n.jpg

those smart pots fabric feels real familiar....... its a trip how these are pots... haha
67776_1441583888625_1503914826_30906194_7460931_n.jpg

Oh and all the topping worked! those 2 shoots are stretchn! heres a couple from IH0 and IH2
72144_1442669595767_1503914826_30908235_325649_n.jpg
69127_1442670835798_1503914826_30908240_1122006_n.jpg

remember that little bush thingy that was growin under IH2's cotyledon? yea... i think its one o those small budsites that grow at the bottom....... got its own stem and urthang already hahahah!
71565_1442671435813_1503914826_30908241_3506953_n.jpg

tight and bushy. just the way i like it. LOL wait.... i like it shaved...... :rofl:
67697_1442668715745_1503914826_30908233_1159914_n.jpg
67637_1442670075779_1503914826_30908236_6837368_n.jpg

tallest one is IH1 at almost 9 inches! IH4 being the runt of course.... still at 6 inches......

standing in front..... rasied the wing-a-light a bit.....
66199_1442672155831_1503914826_30908243_2008056_n.jpg

also supplemented from the sides are those 2 hanging 26watters both 6500k
34389_1441584008628_1503914826_30906195_2442351_n.jpg

im gona make that co2 dispenser right now..... got that yeast and sugar baby!:yahoo:
and why is yeast so damn expensive...... it costed 3x the sugar..... but is like 30x less the amount......
68875_1442686196182_1503914826_30908246_1119671_n.jpg

i think ima just make one 2 liter one and stick it in there :Rasta::ganjamon:

I try...

Nice looking tent and the whole setup and plants, well they look awesome. Bummer about the light burn but looks like she'll recover without a problem.

Have you thought about topping again while the 2 colas are still short? I love the bush as apposed to a tree.

But whatever your doin its working so keep it up!!! :thumb:

Just stopping by to say hi. All looking good!

I made my homemade hood with a sheet of mesh, some diamond reflective sheet, a strip of wood, two screw in hooks and some cable ties :p

Holds 3 sockets for 125w CFLs. Have put the money I was using to buy weed into buying kit.

We don't have so much in the way of CFLs here... only seen 23w in the stores, don't have the time to build a chandelier so this made the best sense!

IMAG1070.jpg

You can also see my ghetto carbon scrubber made from a waste paper basket, some more garden mesh, garden ties (plastic coated wire sort) and a pair of tights/pantyhose :p

damnit...... i dont know what it is..... got burnt again..... this time i checked one othe tips were missing i guess it burnt off or sumn.... i just left the lights like 3-4 inches away now i dont wana risk it..... theyre gettn bushier by the day.... its those smart pots i tell ya....
you can see the distance...
69039_1443946507689_1503914826_30911509_1445661_n.jpg

67478_1443944307634_1503914826_30911502_3897259_n.jpg

so i removed those side parts off my reflector cos it was a little too focused and those pots put some spacing in between em... it does the job for now.... for the side lights i think ima use y sockets and use 2 x 26s each one 6500 and the other 2700

i cant tell exact temps.... humidity.... etc.... my thermometer thing sucks, i think i needa go get one that reads all of em also... :confused:

from what ive read humidity too high will make your leaves curl, and i know my humidity was pretty high, cos i opened up the tent and it was wet on the walls...my leaves didnt curl....so what are these?
66351_1443946307684_1503914826_30911508_5436688_n.jpg
40755_1443945587666_1503914826_30911506_6790283_n.jpg

actually now i look at em they curl up a little.....
looked at the plant chart and i can only guess its starting to be a ph problem.... its gona be a little hard to check runoff now that theyre in those smart pots, but ima see what i can do... couldnt be overferts cos theyre just in fresh soil nothing more than superthrive and limejuice...

so i should just start building up some ventilation for a peace of mind... maybe what DaveyBoy wing-a-filter! haha i remember it with the ballooon string! i might try and make something similar if i can.... maybe with a cheap fan or something well see... :Rasta:

im also wondering about foilar feeding.... you think this would help a little since i dont wana be adding nothing into the water really until things settle in there...

:peacetwo: its cold today... really... feel lazy... just been smokin youknow??

I try...

Nice looking tent and the whole setup and plants, well they look awesome. Bummer about the light burn but looks like she'll recover without a problem.

Have you thought about topping again while the 2 colas are still short? I love the bush as apposed to a tree.

But whatever your doin its working so keep it up!!! :thumb:

wdup tho herbs!

haha sad trip burnt again.... ummm about topping i dont think imma do it again..... hmmm but it makes me think now.... the stretch in flower will def bring them up wont they?

Great grow amigo

5*

-O

haha thanks O! i got my eye on them hindus as well! i guess were both first timers! (on the soil side)

DaveyBoy, thats a sick setup you got there with those 125watters! since i wont be gettn those anytime soon i really got my eyes on that thermometer! haha also the carbon scrubber ima look into that!

Funnystyle your plants are looking great! That tent is really nice looking, glad I finally read through this. :blunt:

thanks for stoppn by my journal DjMatt, you know we all waitn for that chop buddy..... :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom