G13 Haze [Barneys Farm]

Thanks guys and gals... yeah that growbox was moved in a pinch and the plants were stressed but karma was kind to me and I'm blessed with a much cozier spot. Lights? geez i use a lot of different lights throughout, 400w HPS to flower and a 4 bulb T5 reflector from a local shop for my clones and moms... every once in a while I'll go back to the storage shed and pull something out for a bit. I've got a bit of everything and I like to keep busy so I'll change it pretty often. I'd say for the space I have though that the 400HPS is gravy. Those flower shots were taken at around week 4 of harvest so +rep for the good eye pan. They are now comfortably curing in some glass mason jars, I unfortunately had to cut them about 3 weeks after and my camera was down. All is well though and I'm optimistic about the girls heading outside and even more optimistic about the new gene pool I'll be working with. Stay tuned I think I'll be breeding some new hybrids in the next few months... maybe

I started my outdoor thread seperately. I went to take them out and found my site comprimesed... spent all yesterday and will spend all today prepping and planting a new site... I'm super bummed and super tired but I'll just smoke a J and enjoy the cooler weather this afternoon... burn safe friend...:peace:

Okay well upon further research these little buggers are almost done eating already and they typically only move on to eating smaller brush when and if larger trees are defoliated, which the trees in this area are not. However I don't want to risk it so when i see them I will take down the nests and burn them, but I'm not going to worry to much about it. Since the caterpillars I've seen are well over an inch the sites tell me there are few if any sprays that will actually do me any good. and to catch them in the nest all at once i'll just wait for a hot day. at this point the work is more preventative for next season though. Either way could someone with more outdoor experience offer some sound advice on how to proceed with this setup? I'll bury my 5 gallon bags about 2feet apart and I've given each bag a handful of earthworm casting and a handful of Purple cow along with some very well (almost too well) aerated soil. Tips on avoiding deer and pests are my main concern

to learn more about eastern tent worms...Eastern Tent Caterpillar, Malacosoma americanum

Ok so here's the deal people. I had some other things to do and left a certian someone in charge of watering a waterfarm.... seems pretty easy to me, yet and still my poor G13 seedling was the one and only thing that didn't recieve any water and as such is now ... well its dead. sad right. So I've spent some time building an all organic mother box to host my new incoming g13 seed along with the others i ordered listed above.... here are the pics... the temp hits 95 degrees if the doors are locked and it still leaks a bit of light... any ideas

rsz_img_0464.jpg

rsz_img_0466.jpg

rsz_img_0467.jpg

rsz_img_0470.jpg

expanded clay mixed with some old FF ocean floor and some coco plugs over a burlap scrap so I don't have to clean up and lose lots of soil.. planning on getting some new soil to fill it with today and get the new seeds germ'ing once they get here, but not without fixing the heat issue first...:thanks:

Sorry to hear about the watering issues. Nobody takes care of you babies like her parents. Looks like you have a good setup. I am sure the next few will turn out fine. Good luck and would really like to see some pics of the outdoor grow..

Thanks for the compliments... yeah this will be an alright mother room, i think I'll grab one of those window a/c units from wal-mart the ones with the intake/exhaust and the optional a/c on them, cut a hole in the back and mount it in there... just not sure how to keep that light tight as of yet...

pics of the outdoor deal is in the outdoor thread, click on the link in my signature to check them out... :peace:

Picking up an A/c sounds like the best thing you can do. When your temps reach that high your plants growth will suffer and it opens the environment up for pests and disease. You can try using caulk and then duct tape over that to prevent the light from leaking in. I build all my boxes out of wood and thats what i do.

-Blastabowl

Back
Top Bottom