Charly's 4th Grow - G13 Haze Soctober 2011

Miwa said:
i was turning my plants but then..i placed lights all around my plants and put

them on timers...its the same thing as turning just the timers are turning...

What a great idea! I have only the overhead HID, but you got me thinking.

I may buy some more globes and CFL bulbs to light the sides that don't get any "sun."

Here are the latest photos:

The Big Clone is becoming a monster:

Big Clone

BigClonej.jpg

The little clone is finally starting to look less like a mutant and more like an MJ plant:

LIttle Clone

SmallClonej.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures of the crop:

There's Gold in Them Thar Hills

FieldsOfGold3.jpg

Golden Fields Forever

FieldsOfGold2.jpg

Here's a picture of

Buzz Cola

BigBud28.jpg

And finally, here's the same cola when it knew it was going to be on camera:

Look at Me!

LookAtMe.jpg

Amazing plants and excellent job.... buds buds everywhere!!! can't believe I missed over this journal somehow...I'm tuned in now :)

Iceman Said:
Amazing plants and excellent job.... buds buds everywhere!!! can't believe I missed over this journal somehow...I'm tuned in now

Well it seems

The Iceman Cometh

over to my journal for a visit. I've seen you on several other journals - thanks for visiting!

Miwa, I did see your pictures. Wow, you only water every 14 days! My pots are so small that I have to water every other day or the else the girls are waking me up in the middle of the night asking for a drink of water.

Do you remember a weeks ago when I said I was thinking of germinating a freebie seed I had from Paradise Seeds?

Here is the blurb from the producer:
Taking a closer look at Nebula's genetics reveals its secret of success:

She is composed of a fruity sweet US Haze-dominated genetic line and the spicy Master Widow, a White Widow cross in the 13th generation (at that time) developed by Dutch seed breeder Ingemar.

This fine Mostly Sativa genetic lineage represents a perfect synthesis of both parents, Nebula tends to have that trade mark white appearance of the White Widow family combined with the fruity sweetness and soaring high of the Sativa and it is known she takes you far beyond your grasp. Nebula is covered with twinkling shiny THC glands.

Nebula has a fruity flavour and scent is a delight to event the most experienced smoker.
Paradise Seeds Nebula is bound to take into the realm of space. The buzz is typically transcendent.

3 Times Cup Winner!!!

I asked you whether you thought I should grow it or not.

Well, thanks to the overwhelming response from viewers like you .... (fade to dead silence and the occassional cricket chirp)

I decided to go ahead and germinate it. I wanted to add it to my clones for my next crop, but was worried it might be too far behind in development.

Luckily, I got one of those offers over the Internet. You know, the ones that email you coupons for big discounts or free stuff from local businesses that are desperately seeking customers?

Well, I got one from

Time Travel Shipping

You've probably heard of them. Their business model is to ship packages to any destination, anywhere, any time.

Their slogan is

You want it yesterday? No problem!

If you've seen any of their ads, they run something like,

In the dog house? Forgot to buy the little lady flowers for Valentine's Day? Give us a call and we'll make sure she's already gotten them!

OR

Have to work all weekend on that big presentation for the Boss and know you'll never finish in time? Relax, take the weekend off,. play golf and finish the presentation next week. When it's done, give us a call, then wait for the Boss to walk in your office to congratulate you on a job well done!

Due to the fact that 90% of their business is from forgetful husbands, they have hired Ms. Elsa Einstein Rosen as their Marketing Director.

Back to the email offer I received. Time Travel Shipping rates depend not only on weight, but also on the distance in space-time coordinates between origin and destination, i.e., the usual space-time interval

Space Time Interval = (ct **2) - ( x **2 + y **2 + z **2)

Anyway, the coupon I received was a free offer for shipping. The catch was that the weight of the package had to be less than 1/14 of a gram, and the distance from my house could be no more that 14 meters, and the time could be no more that 14 days, their so called

14 -14 -14 Introductory Offer

Well, I had an idea. You know that I tried to root four clones, but only two made it. I had ran out of perlite, so one of the pots was filled with soil similar to MiracleGro, which clumps together like mud and never dries out.

The clone in that pot didn't make it and I left the pot in the corner to dry out so it would be easy to remove the soil.

Long story short - I called the company and told them I wanted to ship a marijuana seed back 2 weeks and have it transported to the damp pot I just described. Luckily, in that room, I had left on my

Time Lapse Camera

SeedDocumentary.gif

She's no worse for wear after her time travelling and here's her latest picture:

Miss Nebula

MissNebula9.jpg

Miwa said:
Wow...i need to learn how to do that...spent 30 min on this page..

Caught like a deer in the headlights, LOL!

Just finished week 11 of flowering. I reduced the time to 10/14. Really hoping for a slow, ripening finish. I can tell they're getting close.

Miwa also said (chatty fellow, where are the rest of you?):
i was turning my plants but then..i placed lights all around my plants and put them on timers...its the same thing as turning just the timers are turning...

You gave me the idea of putting some extra lights in my flower room. I bought two reflective globes and put a splitter in each that can hold two bulbs. Instead of using 6500K or 2700K bulbs, I found some 5000K bulbs. Has anyone used these? They seem like a compromise between the other two.

Here are some pictures:

Globe #1 in Background

Globe1.jpg

Globe #2 in Front

Globe2.jpg

Here's a

Real Budding Beauty

BuddingBeauty2.jpg

Here's a closeup of the same bud so that you can see the trichomes better.

All The Better To See You

Trikeocious.jpg

and to finish

In the Valley of the Jolly Green Giants

JollyGreenGiants.jpg

Miwa said:
Good photo shots...real good looking plants...on your bulbs..i would stay close to 2700k when flowering...when that number increase bulb light is going toward more blue light..but i think its ok if ..like me you are burning a mixed spectrum..

Yeah, I like the mixed spectrum, too. It's only 100W total of CFL bulbs to light the sides of the plants that are in the "dark." Overhead I have a 400W Super HPS lamp. That's right, not an ordinary HPS lamp but a

Super HPS Lamp

SuperHPS.jpg

Remember the time-travelling seed - Miss Nebula?

Well, I topped her about 10 days ago. The new shoots were ready to be topped again, but I fimmed them instead just for fun to see what would happen.

There are weird little clumps of green where she was fimmed, Both shoots were fimmed and if you look at the top of the photo, these shoots are on the left and the right sides of the plant.

If you asked Miss Nebula, she would say

I'm Fimmished!

Fimmished.jpg

Well, it's the middle of the 12th week of flowering. I just flushed the plants yesterday and I'm expecting to harvest in 10 - 14 days. Now the countdown begins. The light cycle is 10/14.

You can tell the ladies are flushed by how red their faces are. I had an English teacher who said, "Men don't sweat, animals sweat. Men perspire. And ladies don't perspire, ladies flush."

Well, I Do Declare!

FlushedCrop.jpg

The clones are almost ready to be cloned. The Big Clone is a monster and needs a haircut. The Little Clone is

Not So Little Anymore

NotSoSmallClone.jpg

And remember Miss Nebula? I topped her and then fimmed the new shoots. The growth on top looks completely alien. It's like there's a new plant growing out of each of the fimmed nodes. Here's what I mean:

Take Me To Your Leader!

FimmedTop.jpg

Thanks for the comments, Miwa and LJ. It's been awfully quiet around here. I was about ready to streak to get some attention!

I fimmed Miss Nebula 8 days ago. The last picture is from yesterday. Here are some of the earlier pictures so you can see its progress:

Just Fimmed

JustFimmed.jpg

One Day Later

FimmedOneDay.jpg

Two Days Later

FimmedTwoDays.jpg

Six Days Later

FimmedSixDays.jpg

If you've been following my journal, you know that as well as topping my current grow many times, I also fimmed a fair number of nodes as well. Most of them didn't seem to work out, but a couple were successful. Not much happened except that the top, instead of dieing, just kept growing, almost as if it hadn't been topped at all. So instead of two nodes growing, three nodes grew. The result looks a bit like Neptune's trident.

The difference with MIss Nebula is that instead of cutting off almost all the new leaves at the fimm site, I left quite a bit of the leaves this time. If I had to guess, previously I cut off all but 1/16" of the new leaves. This time I left 1/4" of the leaves. That seems to have made the difference.

All that trimmin and fimming, don't forget that the plant needs more nitrogen when it is forced to grow veg material... and that new growth looks a bit deficient. Go with a micro nute.

I agree about more nit..i better give mine some...i've started super-cropping so p know they want nitrogen..so Grant...you find out what that growth is about on your clone??? you might as well get your feet wet with SC...its easy..you just squeeze the stem until you feel a pop than just bend it over...a fast recovery too...over-night...

Those weird looking leaves look like what happened to my first plant when I fimmed it. Like the leaf was already there starting to develop and then part of it got chopped of in the fimming. I don't know if that's what really caused it for me or if it could be what happened to yours but it seems plausible to me. Just thought I'd share

Wow, nobody posts here for a while, then suddenly a barrage (is three a barrage?) of posts. I guess the threat of my streaking naked across this page brought you to your senses!

Seriously, guys, nice to see you out there!

Since I've gotten so much response on the fimming of Miss Nebula, here's the latest pics of her:

Oiled Up for the Swimsuit Competition

FimmedNineDays.jpg

and here she is relaxing with a Budweiser:

Just Chillin' With My Peeps

FimmedNineDays2.jpg

In conclusion, I'd like to report that I've received the following dubious honor:

Guinness Book World Record for
Longest Time to Root a Clone - Ever! (10 weeks)

WorldRecord.jpg

Here's a picture of her 10 weeks ago

Like Peter Pan I'm never gonna grow up!

SendInTheClones.jpg

These 3 clones are all from Big Sister. It's the one on the lower left. The one on the lower right grew up to be Big Clone. The one on the top didn't make it. A week later I took one clone from Little Sister (not pictured here),

Anyway, I had kept it covered with a dome for the last 10 weeks. It was just sitting in the corner and I ignored it most of the time. A couple of days ago, I looked under the hood and could see a tiny green shoot starting to grow below the fan leaves on top. After 10 weeks, these fan leaves were like plastic! They were hard and I couldn't even bend them. They were pertified, I think.

Anyway, I took the lid off to see what would happen. The little shoot started to peek out from under one of the plastic fan leaves which was holding it down. I carefully removed the plastic leaf and you can see the shoot is starting to grow on its own. I've been using a foliar spray 4 days a day to make sure it doesn't die.

Frank said:
All that trimmin and fimming, don't forget that the plant needs more nitrogen when it is forced to grow veg material... and that new growth looks a bit deficient. Go with a micro nute.

I was hoping no one would notice. I've given so many people adivice on how to treat deficiencies and now I have one I can't seem to reslove.

I definitely have a nitrogern deficiency but there is also an overfert problem! Some of the lower leaves definitely have nutrient burn. I've flushed all my plants several times. The other plants are perfectly healthy.

I'm pretty sure it's due to the crappy soil that Miss Nebula is in. The regular soil I use I get from a friend. It only comes in bales and I don't have a car or a place to store it. He usually gives me a batch that holds me for several grows. He's been out of town and I was forced to buy some crappy soil. It's similar to MiraceGro.

I thought the main problem with these mass-produced soils is that they compressed too easliy. So I cut it with 50% perlite. The soil consistency is fine, but I found out that Nature's Blend (the crap I bought) also has lots of nutrients in from compost and humus. This pisses me off. I don't want any nutes in my soil. The only nutes in there should be ones I've added myself.

What I'm going to do is wait till the pot dries out and then transplant into coco. I checked and you can transplant from soil into coco.

Anyway, the crop has just finished its 12th week of flowering. Sativa strains seem to take forever to finish. I going to harvest in 10 days regardless.

I was able to get some decent photos of the trichome development:

Frost On The Pumpkin

FrostOnThePumpkin.jpg

Even though this is G13 Haze, she is as frosty as a

White Widow

WhiiteWidow.jpg

Back
Top Bottom