Ganja_smoker's Hydroponic Grow Journal

WOW thats the biggest bud ive ever seen , looks like its gonna be great smoke

I chopped down the trees today.......manicuring the buds is a lot of work!
I started at about 7pm and finally stopped at 3am. And there's still buds to trim.
I'm really happy with my harvest. It looks like way more than I expected.
:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

Congrats man, looks really good. let us know how the smoke is :allgood:

This bud is so big, it wouldn't fit into one photo......

day58top.jpg

day58bottom.jpg

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Here it is after trimming..........

bud6-9-07.jpg

Nice bud shot. I didn't know Pabst was still around lol.
You have a nice lil grow area Ganja. I am glad I visited your journal, I really enjoy comeplete journals and this one is a true winner.

Nice bud shot. I didn't know Pabst was still around lol.
You have a nice lil grow area Ganja. I am glad I visited your journal, I really enjoy comeplete journals and this one is a true winner.

Hopefully this journal will not be "complete" for a while.......I have four clones that are just about ready to go into the flower room.

here's most of the harvest........the rest of it is laying out on a screen door.

strung_out.jpg

as for a smoke report, I have been smoking little buds I've cut off and dried in a food dehydrator. It is some good weed. nice and smooth with a good aftertaste. The first couple of times I smoked it, it just completely knocked me out. I've actually had to cut down on my smoking cause its really strong!

Last night after manicuring the buds, I ended up with a bunch of finger/scissor hash. Oh my god.....lol.....that stuff is REALLY yummy. I wish you were all here smoking with me :bong:

:cheesygrinsmiley:

On to the next crop...............

I moved my clones over to the "flower" room today. They will stay on an 18/6 light cycle for a little longer. I decided to go with net pots in the flood and drain system this time. It will probably be easier to manage this way, and I'll be able to move them around if I need to.

transplant_6-12-07.jpg

In this photo, the HPS light is on. But for now I am keeping them under fluorescents. Six CFLs - (4) 6500K and (2)3000K

I don't want to sound like I know what I'm talking about, but it's my understanding that HPS bulbs give off light more from the red side of the spectrum. I want to Veg them a little longer, which the blue side of the spectrum is good for. So that's why the CFLs instead of the HPS for now. I have a 2 to 1 ratio of 6500K (blue) to 3000K (red)

I dunno....should I just go ahead and use the HPS? plus it puts off so much heat.

I'm thinking about buying a HPS bulb that has more of a full spectrum of light, which would be good to use in the veg stage. But for now I'll stick with what I have and shoot for the HPS bulb upgrade for the next crop.

That is awesome dude. I salute you.

I'm directing my boyfriend to this thread when he wakes up.

I dunno....should I just go ahead and use the HPS? plus it puts off so much heat.
I'm thinking about buying a HPS bulb that has more of a full spectrum of light, which would be good to use in the veg stage. But for now I'll stick with what I have and shoot for the HPS bulb upgrade for the next crop.

Get the hortilux, They work oh so much better than a standard hps bulb. They should, compared to the price difference.
Flouro work great for clones, slows growth just enought to force lateral branchs upward producing better size colas(People think plants look bigger this way cause the lateral extension make the plant look bushy). Save your electric and keep using the flouros unless you have a small mh like a 250w. Even a 400w would be overkill for such a small veg/clone area.

Back
Top Bottom