GB80 Goes Organic

Haha. It's cool. Figured you weren't calling me a douche bag... or were you...and now you're covering your tracks..lol
Enjoy the cookies, they look delicious! I can't make shit except oil, so I'm giving all my trim to a buddy to trade for cookie dough. Maybe some rice crispy treats also... but I can't have those medicated, I'd eat em all and be so fucked up! :rofl:

Haha. It's cool. Figured you weren't calling me a douche bag... or were you...and now you're covering your tracks..lol
Enjoy the cookies, they look delicious! I can't make shit except oil, so I'm giving all my trim to a buddy to trade for cookie dough. Maybe some rice crispy treats also... but I can't have those medicated, I'd eat em all and be so fucked up! :rofl:

I bought myself some bubble bags awhile ago n im thinking I might give that a go with my trim, it would only be my second attempt at it, you done it yourself?

I did a run with a buddy here a few weeks back. It turned out pretty good. I prefer using dry ice though. Less work:)

It was awhile ago I used them n id have to refresh my mind what you have to do but from what I can remember its put all trim in with cold water n ice for about 20 mins n then mash it with a power drill n wisk type head, Then drain through each bag, like I said though ill have to look it up before I do it if I do it. Whats the technique with dry ice? Trim even comes in handy on dry days, its gd for my volcano
:volcano-smiley:

Basically put your trim in a bucket, crush up dry ice and put in bucket. Shake bucket for a minute or two till the trim is frozen. Put bubble bag over bucket. Go over a clean flat surface (pretty large like glass top dinner table) flip bucket over and shake the shit out of it till there's no more or very little coming out. Collect all the "dust".

Get a stainless pipe about 8" long with a screw on cap on one end, use a stainless bolt to compress the hash to form a log, take off cap, push through and let dry. Nice log of dry ice hash.
GB80

Edit: there's a couple youtube videos on making bubble hash or dry ice hash. Check them out, it will help refresh your memory.

Glad to see your girl looking healthy. You are going to get hooked on the organics once you get to taste her. Great job brother.

High GB80,

Plant looking very sturdy, nice job with fimming too. :high-five:

I would train her more sideways, have done this with all plants now(keep top low) and think its good method, the lower branches are alot strongerr and some become almoast even thick.

:smokin:

I'm not going to be doing much to this one ganjazz. Maybe FIM one more time after I take a couple more clones and throw her into flower. I'll be saving a couple clones for mother plants. I just want to see how this pheno is going to work for me. I don't like putting a lot of effort into plants I might not be keeping. Plus I need it done by the time my wife gets back. She dosent care I grow, but after buying a king size bed, there just won't be enough room for my grow equipment in this tiny apartment bedroom.
GB80

I'm not going to be doing much to this one ganjazz. Maybe FIM one more time after I take a couple more clones and throw her into flower. I'll be saving a couple clones for mother plants. I just want to see how this pheno is going to work for me. I don't like putting a lot of effort into plants I might not be keeping. Plus I need it done by the time my wife gets back. She dosent care I grow, but after buying a king size bed, there just won't be enough room for my grow equipment in this tiny apartment bedroom.
GB80

Are you gonna have to stop growing??? Im gutted if thats the case, youre the first guy to welcome me here.......... for a minute I thought you was just gonna say there wudnt be enough time to fim due to the king size bed haha

:ganjamon:

I'm not going to stop growing, just going to take a break for journaling till we buy a house. I'll still be watching all my subbed journals though. I'm probably going to keep the 2x2 tent up since it's small, but I won't be doing prolonged grows like I have been. I have enough meds now to last me a while and if I get an oz from the Lucy, I'll be set till we buy a house.

And if you guys get a chance, swing by herbys journal. Dude got skills! He needs more traffic over there too:thumb:

Good morning GB

I am away from my girls until the end of the month so living vicariously through the many growers I follow on here LOL

Being a full soil grower, water only start to finish, I know very little about bottled feeds. But I can give you one bit of information that may be of use to you. I am not sure if you incorporate silicates into your grows, but if you do, diatomaceous earth is an excellent source and is much cheaper and more readily available to your plants than the potassium silicate in bottled sources from grow supply companies :)

Yeah 2x2 but feet not meters. I'm in the USA:thumb:

For your 1.2 meter tent I'd go with at least 1000 watts with a nice large raptor hood or a few LED'S. That's a lot of space for 400 watts. Not saying it won't work, just isn't as efficient. I know you had heat issues with a 600 watt, but a good extraction fan ran through an air cooled hood would help keep temps down. Even better would be to run a duct booster through the air cooled hood and out a window. Then just extract the heat and odors from the tent and you would be golden!

Thanks for the helpful info Celt! I have some of my finest soil mix and food scrap composting now, should I add that to the mix or just top dress the soil?for future grows...
As for the current grow, I haven't found any "organic" silica yet, so will top dressing work for this grow?

I use silica in my coco and synthetic grows and it really does help. I wonder if that's why my plant dosent seem as strong as usual.

Back
Top Bottom