GDB Does Tangerine Dream Fems

You could always start your solo cups in a window sill, on your kitchen counter, in your bathroom.. I just use the lights in my bathroom, putting the solo cup on top of the armoire that’s in there. I root cuttings in the same place.

Your blue dream is looking really big. She might be asking you for a defoliation, are the leaves she’s dropping near the bottom?
Yeah, Chef. They always fall off the bottom. If you're right, she's not asking for a defoliation she's doing it to herself! :Rasta:
On a scale of 1-10, how important is the light cycle for seedlings and early veg plants? Maybe I could start some on my back porch, but they'd only get about 12 hours of sunlight per day.

Had the Blue Dream'atic Dramatic out of the tent for watering today and thought I would post a few pics. She's plugging along at day 78 (25 post-flip). And, yes, I desperately need to clean my room! :Rasta:

P1030328.JPG

P1030330.JPG

Later!

Hello growers.

This update is on the Blue Dream'atic Dramatic, the supposed auto that turned out to be a photo.

At 83 days (30 post-flip) she looks like she stretched up a bit this week. I didn't expect that. Her buds are forming but look like it's really a struggle for them (so tiny). Her leaves, mostly along the bottom, continue to yellow and fall away. Over the past 5 days I've increased her MC dosage from 5.6 to 6.

So this is my first photo grow and I've got questions.

First, I suspect that this plant might be root bound. She's only in a 3-gallon pot. Is it too late to put her in a bigger pot?

Second, there are some lame branches near the bottom that I want to chop off. Will doing so at this stage over stress the plant? (I've circle two of my desired victims in this pic.) There are a few more that I'd like to chop, but I'm not sure it's safe to do so.

P1030348_LI.jpg

P1030350.JPG

Help me out here, I'm trying to learn about these photos and I ain't no stable genius. :Rasta:

Later.

Hello again, growers!

So now an update on the photos that put me on this journey, the Tangerine Dreams.

They are both on day 66 post-flip. They're being fed 6.4g of MC, 1g of Sweet Candy and 1g of Bud Explosion.

They both suffer from browning, crumbling leaves and never seemed to fully recover from the CalMag problem of earlier, despite being given CalMag. The buds seem to be doing okay, so after watching what was happening for a week I decided the hell with it, it's just a race to the finish now. I know this may not be the wisest approach to the problem, but it's the approach I've taken. Rather than fret about the ugly leaves on these plants, I will devote my energy to going over my notes and trying to figure out what went wrong and how I can prevent it from happening the next time. Then it will take more energy to remember what I concluded and applying it...the next time. :Rasta:

Here are a few pics.
P1030358.JPG

P1030359.JPG

In this pic you can see how the Blue Dramatic has stretched over her tent mates.

P1030360.JPG

That's all for today.

Tokin' time!

Later.

They're being fed 6.4g of MC, 1g of Sweet Candy and 1g of Bud Explosion.
The next time I go back to MC I have a theory about this. Everything from these folks is vague and requires guesswork, but I have read somewhere that they never intended us to use BE and SC together. BE was for the hydro folks and SC was for the soil folks, both doing essentially the same thing, with the SC able to give an extra kick in a soil grow. I think it very likely that the combination of these two products in that dosage is too much, and causes lockouts. I saw something similar to the pattern of your damage at the end of my last grow and had to scale back the supplements at the end to try to stop it.

The next time I go back to MC I have a theory about this. Everything from these folks is vague and requires guesswork, but I have read somewhere that they never intended us to use BE and SC together. BE was for the hydro folks and SC was for the soil folks, both doing essentially the same thing, with the SC able to give an extra kick in a soil grow. I think it very likely that the combination of these two products in that dosage is too much, and causes lockouts. I saw something similar to the pattern of your damage at the end of my last grow and had to scale back the supplements at the end to try to stop it.
If what you say is correct Emilya, then, damnit, Greenleaf needs to say so. I would never know that from reading their documentation! On to the next grow soon, I hope, this time with no SC and perhaps no GL supplements. I might try Terpinator.

At 66 days post flip, I’d say the TD’s should be just about ready, therefore using up all the nutrients in its own leaves; cannibalizing itself. I’d be watching the trichomes and chopping them down when they hit your color preference. Maybe two weeks at the most?

It might be too late a month into flip to transplant the blue dramatic, but if you have good help it can go quickly and less stress on it.

All in all you have a great grow growing, you’re almost at the finish line!

At 66 days post flip, I’d say the TD’s should be just about ready, therefore using up all the nutrients in its own leaves; cannibalizing itself. I’d be watching the trichomes and chopping them down when they hit your color preference. Maybe two weeks at the most?

It might be too late a month into flip to transplant the blue dramatic, but if you have good help it can go quickly and less stress on it.

All in all you have a great grow growing, you’re almost at the finish line!
Thanks, DutchinAB. I kinda' knew it was too late to try any fixes. I'm glad to have someone's confirmation of that fact. :Rasta:

The plants that had the issues produced monster buds, GDP. One was my blue dream, she is known to bud slowly. So hold out hope for that one my blue dream produced over a qp, but It took her a while. I don't necessarily think the lower leaf falling off thing is even a bad thing. Always produce monster buds. Isn't that what it's all about? So what a few lower leafs fall off..
Edit: pay day just bought more mc. I want the pallette.

The plants that had the issues produced monster buds, GDP. One was my blue dream, she is known to bud slowly. So hold out hope for that one my blue dream produced over a qp, but It took her a while. I don't necessarily think the lower leaf falling off thing is even a bad thing. Always produce monster buds. Isn't that what it's all about? So what a few lower leafs fall off..
Edit: pay day just bought more mc. I want the pallette.
Appreciate the feedback, Havoc! I'm in the dark when it comes to the photos. Although I've followed plenty of photo growers' threads, it not the same as when you're trying to bring them along for the first time.

Also, I have to admit that my BD is stacking buds, just slower than I'm used to seeing.

I'll be (more) patient. :Rasta:

Hello, growers.

Whoop, my large TD is ready! I checked the trichs last night and saw lots of amber. (In a bone-headed move, I didn't check them until after I watered her, or I would have taken her down this morning. Now, I will give her another few days to drink her last meal, per the tradition for those condemned to die.)

If I can get my dumb micro-camera to work, I'll take some trich pics before the end. I'll also post some solo pics of the entire plant before the end. I can tell all of you with entries in the Plant of the Month contest, you have no competition here. :rofl:

Later.

In a bone-headed move, I didn't check them until after I watered her

Don’t beat yourself up, we tend to fall into a bit of a routine huh? I’m sure another day or two won’t hurt.
Looking forward to the weight and smoke report!!

I can say that I’m loving the MC+Terpinator combo. My first plant that was given both all the way through flower was the Cookies n Chem i just chopped tonight, and boy is she sticky and fragrant. She’s looked stellar every day of flower.

with your blue dream, you left way too many nodes on when you flipped her. Now her buds are spread throughout the entire plant and they’ll most likely be on the smaller side. you can’t really remove too much, cause at this point you’ll be hurting your yield by removing bud sites. Next time remove the nodes from every main branch all the way up to the top 1-3 nodes. You won’t have all that growth down there, suckin’ energy and nutrients away from your big tops.

I can say that I’m loving the MC+Terpinator combo. My first plant that was given both all the way through flower was the Cookies n Chem i just chopped tonight, and boy is she sticky and fragrant. She’s looked stellar every day of flower.

with your blue dream, you left way too many nodes on when you flipped her. Now her buds are spread throughout the entire plant and they’ll most likely be on the smaller side. you can’t really remove too much, cause at this point you’ll be hurting your yield by removing bud sites. Next time remove the nodes from every main branch all the way up to the top 1-3 nodes. You won’t have all that growth down there, suckin’ energy and nutrients away from your big tops.
I've done the same thing with every plant I've grow, Chef. I just leave too much there.

I'm learning! :Rasta:

Here’s my advice to you,

pick a photo plant that you’re going to “sacrifice” to the experiment. Once it’s the size you want remove all nodes, but leave plenty of leaves. If there are decent sized side branches, keep 2-3. Flip it and see what happens. I’ll bet you’re pleasantly surprised.

Hello growers.

Well, I don't know what it is I think I saw the other day, but my large TD has very little amber. I set up my stooopid micro camera (that constantly disconnects from my PC without reason) and took some pics. I hardly see any amber.

Snap_015.jpg

Snap_014.jpg

Snap_069.jpg

I took her out for a solo photo-shoot, too. Man, is she ugly. But she has lots of sticky buds!

P1030378.JPG

P1030382.JPG

I think she still has a week or more to go.

Later.

Hello growers.

Well, I don't know what it is I think I saw the other day, but my large TD has very little amber. I set up my stooopid micro camera (that constantly disconnects from my PC without reason) and took some pics. I hardly see any amber.

Snap_015.jpg

Snap_014.jpg

Snap_069.jpg

I took her out for a solo photo-shoot, too. Man, is she ugly. But she has lots of sticky buds!

P1030378.JPG

P1030382.JPG

I think she still has a week or more to go.

Later.
Very nice. Dont listen to the lollipopping plant butchers. Yours look fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom