GDB Does Tangerine Dream Fems

I support you plan of action (already in progress). 6.4 of mc is pretty high, but each plant is different, maybe that’s what she needs?! I’m usually in the 5.5 range during bloom. Hopefully that blue dream starts flowering for ya soon!
Thanks, Ms. H! I'm still seeking that elusive "issue-free" grow. Maybe next time! :Rasta:

BTW, I've been really enjoying your journal!

Thanks, Ms. H! I'm still seeking that elusive "issue-free" grow. Maybe next time! :Rasta:

BTW, I've been really enjoying your journal!
Issue free, lol not too many have seized that dream! Catching things early is the name of the game, imo. And thanks GDB, that’s so sweet of you to say :love: I enjoy yours too, when I’m not way behind, lol.

Hello growers.

Well, my Blue Dream'atic Dramatic appears to be responding to the 12/12 light cycle and is forming bud sites. While this is a positive development, it wreaks havoc with plans for my next grow. The drama queen is 4 days post-flip. So now I have to wait on her. I thought I would clear the tent when the TDs finished in about 40 more days. Now I have to add another 40 days or so after the TDs are done. I'm not complaining, it just sounds like I am. :Rasta:

P1030220.JPG

Later.

I’m curious to see how stretch goes. This same thing happened to Dutchman. It was supposed to be an auto, ended up being a photo and was ridiculously huge by the time he got it blooming. Tons of great bud from it though. Might’ve won POTM too, I forget. Either way, I guess we just gotta roll with it, eh? ;)

I’m curious to see how stretch goes. This same thing happened to Dutchman. It was supposed to be an auto, ended up being a photo and was ridiculously huge by the time he got it blooming. Tons of great bud from it though. Might’ve won POTM too, I forget. Either way, I guess we just gotta roll with it, eh? ;)
That's all I can do, HH! She has stretched about 4 inches up (an inch per day) since I flipped her.

P1030225.JPG

BTW, yesterday a friend gave me some Blue Dream he got from a dispensary. A wonderful smoke it was! Very tasty and extremely relaxing. I hope I can get any where near the quality of that sample! :Rasta:

Great looking plants you have there! Nice work!!
I hope you don’t mind if I pull up a chair and watch the show :popcorn:

Great looking plants you have there! Nice work!!
I hope you don’t mind if I pull up a chair and watch the show :popcorn:
Thanks, Kanda! You are more than welcome here. :Rasta:

I peaked in on your thread and was immediately pulled in. I got a ticket to attend the entire show!

Thanks, Kanda! You are more than welcome here. :Rasta:

I peaked in on your thread and was immediately pulled in. I got a ticket to attend the entire show!
Yay!! Popcorn ready and dubes rolled :lot-o-toke:

Hello growers.

I now believe that my larger TD has a calmag and/or iron deficiency. That's an issue I've not experienced since I started using Mega Crop but I think is has surfaced this time.

Flushing the large TD the other day seemed to help, but not completely resolve the issue. The leaves continued to yellow, especially in the veins. And it's started to manifest on the smaller TD has well, though not nearly as pronounced as on the larger one.

I fed them this morning and added some calmag to their feed. The calmag I used has 1% nitrogen. I wish I had some with 0% but decided to use what's on hand rather than wait on a delivery. But now that I know that a calmag issue is possible when using MC (I assume only in the late growth stage), I will order some nitrogen-free calmag ASAP.

The buds on the smaller TD are still kickin' the ass of the larger TD buds. I'm hopeful that the calmag will help jump start the larger TD into catch-up mode! :Rasta:

P1030235.JPG

P1030234.JPG

Fingers crossed!

Later.

@Emilya and @Heavenly Hybrid, do you think my diagnosis is correct? Does it look like it could be any other issue?

(Oh, and Hi, Emilya. Didn't know you were checking on my progress. Good to know! :Rasta:)

I am curiously watching this to see what happens. MC seems to put our grows into a balancing act between calcium deficiency and lockouts due to overages. I do agree with your diagnosis that it looks like a calcium deficiency, but then we also see the tip necrosis which seems to indicate K problems too. The question becomes, is this a lockout or a deficiency?

Looking at the overall color and the size of your plants, I tend to think that you need just one more micro adjustment up with the MC dosage... not much at all, and I suspect things would be in balance at that point. You are going at it with calmag, which should also solve the immediate problem, and also bring a bit more N in there too to support the color. Its hard to guess what will happen, but I think with that application we will see that the Ca problem stops progressing, and then the K problem will get worse because of the extra Ca and Mg hitting the system.

If that is what happens, I would then stop giving the calmag on the next watering, and see what another half gram of MC will do.

Somewhere here, there is a perfect balance, where just the right amount of MC produces no signs of problems... the trick is finding it.

Lol, well I’m on the spot, I’d say it looks like cal mag def to me. I also see a bit of tip burn, but it looks like it might be old damage? As for how to fix it, I’m less confident to advise. You gave it a flush and feed, and that would be my first course of action. Are you seeing more of the spots since then?

Increase by .5 I've found the best cure is prevention don't be shy with mc. Are you using BE yet? I never got many yellow leaves this run. Harvested green. Some in the shade were yellow. But I did two things diff this run: hit 6 grams of MC way earlier, week 1 flower I think. And used BE. I vigorously used MC saw none of my previous problems (cal mag, k). Which was the plan. Food for thought, my 2 cents.

I’m glad Emilya noted the K problem. That’s what I first spotted.

I’m fairly certain that I remember you’re growing in soil GDB, but it never hurts to check/adjust your nutrient solution’s pH. occasionally I’ll see a weird problem, double check my solution pH, and find that it’s out of wack.. I think sometimes, especially when we veg plants for a long time, we run low on our soil buffer. Keeping things properly pH’d going in will, at the very least, lessen your variables.

I am curiously watching this to see what happens. MC seems to put our grows into a balancing act between calcium deficiency and lockouts due to overages. I do agree with your diagnosis that it looks like a calcium deficiency, but then we also see the tip necrosis which seems to indicate K problems too. The question becomes, is this a lockout or a deficiency?

Looking at the overall color and the size of your plants, I tend to think that you need just one more micro adjustment up with the MC dosage... not much at all, and I suspect things would be in balance at that point. You are going at it with calmag, which should also solve the immediate problem, and also bring a bit more N in there too to support the color. Its hard to guess what will happen, but I think with that application we will see that the Ca problem stops progressing, and then the K problem will get worse because of the extra Ca and Mg hitting the system.

If that is what happens, I would then stop giving the calmag on the next watering, and see what another half gram of MC will do.

Somewhere here, there is a perfect balance, where just the right amount of MC produces no signs of problems... the trick is finding it.
Thanks Emilya. You threw me off with your mention of a K problem. I didn't know I had that, and you are telling me it may get worse. What do I look for to determine if that happens?

Lol, well I’m on the spot, I’d say it looks like cal mag def to me. I also see a bit of tip burn, but it looks like it might be old damage? As for how to fix it, I’m less confident to advise. You gave it a flush and feed, and that would be my first course of action. Are you seeing more of the spots since then?

LOL, Ms. H! I didn't mean to put you on the spot! Like a lot of growers on the site, you probably know more than you realize you know. (And, of course, there are also those who know less than they think they do.) Sometimes someone asking you a question pulls you into the realization that, "Yes, I think I can help that person." You are good, HH. Take my word for it. Thanks for the feedback. :Rasta:
Increase by .5 I've found the best cure is prevention don't be shy with mc. Are you using BE yet? I never got many yellow leaves this run. Harvested green. Some in the shade were yellow. But I did two things diff this run: hit 6 grams of MC way earlier, week 1 flower I think. And used BE. I vigorously used MC saw none of my previous problems (cal mag, k). Which was the plan. Food for thought, my 2 cents.
Thanks for the response, Havoc! Your 2 cents is worth a lot more in Grand Daddy Black currency! :Rasta:

I've posted this question before, but I don't think is was resolved. But I wonder what the "real" upper limit is for MC dosage and where is the "real" point where you get diminishing returns? I grew an auto Chocolate Skunk a few months back and I swear I could have taken her to and maybe beyond 7g and she would have slurped it up like a drunk on cheap beer. (I ended her on 6.5)

But I totally agree with you about being vigorous. I tried to do that this time but perhaps still fell a little short.

K deficiencies usually show up as necrosis on the leaf edges and on the tips of the leaves. The tip "burn" is distinguishable by it being an elongated version of the classic burn triangle that we see on the tips of plants encountering too strong of nutes, but it is oftentimes misinterpreted as a burn. In actuality, K is stored in the leaf tips and the margins, so that is why the damage occurs from there when those storehouses are tapped. I agree with earlier comments that this was probably earlier in the grow, at least several watererings ago, and it looks like the calcium thing is the dominant presentation at the moment. If the symptoms reverse and Ca is balanced but doing so locks out K, you will see a further elongation of the "tip burn" that is showing at the moment, along with more damage in the edges of the leaves, with even possible cupping if it gets bad. You will see similar damage both in the upper canopy and the lower leaves since it will be caused by a lockout, and it will exist across the entire plant.

I don’t think there’s necessarily an “upper limit” across the board with the MC, GDB. Bigger plants with more roots need more concentrated nutrients. Like the first NL I grew, I was giving her 9g/gal at peak flower. She yielded nearly a half lb, so I know I did the right thing driving her that hard. Another example is this hempy plant I’ve got in flower right now. She was growing really well at 6.5g/gal, but still had some light green/yellow in her skirt. I bumped her to 7g/gal and now she’s perfect, healthy green from top to bottom.

Apart from the nutrient requirements dictated by the genetics, the size of the plant and the size of pot it’s in will also be dictating factors. I figured 9 grams would be okay with that huge NL cause she had a 4sqft canopy and was nearly 5ft tall. That much plant needs more electrical current in the soil, higher EC comes from more nutrient concentration.

Thanks Emilya. You threw me off with your mention of a K problem. I didn't know I had that, and you are telling me it may get worse. What do I look for to determine if that happens?

LOL, Ms. H! I didn't mean to put you on the spot! Like a lot of growers on the site, you probably know more than you realize you know. (And, of course, there are also those who know less than they think they do.) Sometimes someone asking you a question pulls you into the realization that, "Yes, I think I can help that person." You are good, HH. Take my word for it. Thanks for the feedback. :Rasta:

Thanks for the response, Havoc! Your 2 cents is worth a lot more in Grand Daddy Black currency! :Rasta:

I've posted this question before, but I don't think is was resolved. But I wonder what the "real" upper limit is for MC dosage and where is the "real" point where you get diminishing returns? I grew an auto Chocolate Skunk a few months back and I swear I could have taken her to and maybe beyond 7g and she would have slurped it up like a drunk on cheap beer. (I ended her on 6.5)

But I totally agree with you about being vigorous. I tried to do that this time but perhaps still fell a little short.
I was told by GLN to keep increasing until your issues stop. Don't use outside cal mag source use GLN (of course they'll tell you that). I would personally increase dose. I've used as much as 7.5 grams. Also make sure you're getting runoff every feed. At one point I was feeding each plant almost 2 gallons every 2 days packed full of MC and BE. I don't worry about diminishing returns at all I just make sure the plants happy first. I hope you get it sorted. I got 1.5lbs in 4x4 last grow and still have 5 clones I'm gonna harvest this week. Might break 1.75 lbs. The stuff is good.

Hello growers.

I gave the TDs a second feed with CalMag included. I also bumped up the Mega Crop from 6 to 6.4.

The larger TD looks better. That is, her stance is better. The leaves no longer seem to be turning but now they're already mostly ugly. Guess I'll have to live with that! :Rasta:

Same with the smaller TD, the leaves are no longer turning. (I got my nitrogen-free Calmag delivered today and I think I'll use it at least for the next feed. Maybe no more after that.

I now suspect that genetics is playing some role in the different looks of these two plants. I've got 2 phenos. I don't think a CalMag issue can fully account for the way the buds differ on these plants. The little fella has tan colored buds that are kinda' fluffy, fat and filling in daily. The large TD's buds are narrower at the top, not as dark in color and they are firmer in structure than the smaller plant's buds. The smaller one is throwing a lot of orange pistils, the larger one is throwing out more green ones.

I might be in over my head in making this claim, but I can't deny what my lyin' eyes see. :laughtwo:

Larger TD

P1030254.JPG

Smaller TD

P1030256.JPG

That's it for now. I had been getting a little bored with this grow. Not anymore! :laughtwo:

Later.

Back
Top Bottom