GDB's Auto Array

Almost looks like bug damage to my amateur eye. Have you noticed anything else similar on other plants?
No affect on the other plants, Dutchin. She would have been out the window had a I seen even a hint of that. I don't think it's bug damage because it's looked that way since birth and, I haven't see any bugs.

The 2 Stardawgs are on day 14 and getting 2g of mc. The one on the left is in a 2 gallon pot and has been topped above the 4th node. The little runt on the right was also left in her 1gallon pot because, well, she's a little runt.
Nov. 1st you up-potted all but the Stardawgs, or all but the speckled one. She's still in 1gal coco. I think she's hungry. Bump her up to 3.5 or 4g. Even on the 19th, 26th & 27th she looked hungry. Make sure your pH is correct.

Nevermind, I re-read your post!!

Looks like a Ca def, but it started from the beginning. How much is she being fed now?
She's on day 23 and still on 2g of Mega Crop like all the other babies. I'm giving her 750ml every 3-4 days. The spots seem to be diminishing as new leaves emerge but they are still there. I don't see it spreading to other plants so I'm just gonna' let her ride. I'll be upping the MC dose to 2.5g for her next feed. For a runt, she looks like she's putting up a good fight to be noticed! :laughtwo:

Nov. 1st you up-potted all but the Stardawgs, or all but the speckled one. She's still in 1gal coco. I think she's hungry. Bump her up to 3.5 or 4g. Even on the 19th, 26th & 27th she looked hungry. Make sure your pH is correct.
Thanks for taking the time to weigh in, MrS!

Yes, I left her in a 1 gallon pot (Pro Mix not CoCo). I have learned the hard way that autos don't really care for 1 gallon pots and I won't be trying to grow anything to maturity in that size pot again. But I can't bump her up from 2 to 3.5! Just not in my nature (And I'm not saying you're wrong). :Rasta:I had planned to take her to 2.5 on her next feed, I will do 3 based on your drop of wisdom. If that changes the look, I'll go to 3.5.

OK, that still doesn't look like Promix. I gotta stop smoking.
1604970265563.png

OK, that still doesn't look like Promix. I gotta stop smoking.
1604970265563.png
Your eyes are fine, @MrSauga, but you've got my side hurting here! When I first put seedlings in a pot of Pro Mix, I layer little coco on top. One, to make them pretty -- two, to make them pretty to Mrs. Grand Daddy!

Keep tokin'! :Rasta:

Hello grow folks.

A full update today.

I up-potted 2 of the 4 plants I had in 1 gallon pots. The Onyx and the Strawberry Cheesecake are now in 3 gallon pots. Both were up-potted on day 39. Both are getting 3.5 MC.

I hope they don't mind the abrupt change of venue. :Rasta:

SCC is on the left.
P1030779.JPG

I left the scrawny Californian Snow is her 1 gallon pot. I see no good reason to up-pot her at this late stage. She's on day 47 and getting 3.6 of mc. She's trying to do her best!

P1030789.JPG

The 2 Stardawgs are on day 14 and getting 2g of mc. The one on the left is in a 2 gallon pot and has been topped above the 4th node. The little runt on the right was also left in her 1gallon pot because, well, she's a little runt. :Rasta:

P1030780.JPG

The Glue Gelato and Green Crack are both in 2 gallon pots. Both are getting 2g of mc on day 14.

The GG is on the left.
P1030781.JPG

Finally, the Afgani Mass, in a 3 gallon pot, is on day 44 and getting 3.5g of MC.

This one remains short and bushy. She grew oddly from the beginning, having a node shoot out the side. As she progressed there was no where I could see to top her so I've just been trying to keep her somewhat opened up.

P1030787.JPG

P1030788.JPG

That's all of them.

I've got my fingers crossed, hoping those 2 up-potted girls don't stall. I was very gentle in moving them and I played loud music to distract them. They may not know what happened! :Rasta:

Have a great Sunday and thanks for stopping by!
Hi there Grand Daddy Black, it's nice to drop in on ya. Are, you growing Auto's? Have a stony day. :passitleft:

Looks like a Ca def, but it started from the beginning.
There we go, never thought Ca def would show small spots like that. Glad I learnt something today! Thanks, Mr S.

I hope it turns a corner with heavier feedings for you now, GDB!

Here's a leaf with similar spots.
1605052200560.png

It's close but doesn't really look like mine. My spots are really tiny spots, not blotches. And they are not as dark as the these. Still, it could be ca def, I guess. Then my rhetorical question would be how does a seeding pop from the dirt with a deficiency? (Her first set of real leaves had the spots.) As a seed she was given spring water only, ph'd to 6.5?

Is my ph pen not calibrated?

No, some autos are stupid, period.

I still like them though! :Rasta:

Here's a leaf with similar spots.
1605052200560.png
That's the problem I get on about 1/3 of my plants. Luckily it's not on any of the new ones (yet) but it does start out just looking like little white spots. I would have sworn it was spider mites but they turned into this and some leaves kept crisping. It didn't happen to me until about week 5-6, and increasing MC seemed to stop it. Have also been pH balancing down to 6.2, for me this seemed to happen more at higher pH.

Looks like a Ca def, but it started from the beginning. How much is she being fed now?

Then my rhetorical question would be how does a seeding pop from the dirt with a deficiency?
It doesn't, which is why I said what I did. I thinks she's underfed, but the two issues are unrelated. You probably have a wonky pheno that's got some funky genetics.
As a seed she was given spring water only, ph'd to 6.5?

Is my ph pen not calibrated?
Even if it wasn't, early on the plant isn't going to lock anything out. For the record, now that the Promix/coco thing is cleared up, you don't need to worry about the pH unless you're reusing the medium.
That's the problem I get on about 1/3 of my plants. Luckily it's not on any of the new ones (yet) but it does start out just looking like little white spots. I would have sworn it was spider mites but they turned into this and some leaves kept crisping.
If it starts at the middle/top of the plant then most likely it's a Ca def. Crisping leaves is at the extreme end of the deficiency. The rule I follow to correct an Mg/Ca def is to add more MC unless you are already at the high end of 6 or 6.5g. If you are then you need to back off the MC and feed her calmag alongside of it.

It doesn't, which is why I said what I did. I thinks she's underfed, but the two issues are unrelated. You probably have a wonky pheno that's got some funky genetics.

Even if it wasn't, early on the plant isn't going to lock anything out. For the record, now that the Promix/coco thing is cleared up, you don't need to worry about the pH unless you're reusing the medium.

If it starts at the middle/top of the plant then most likely it's a Ca def. Crisping leaves is at the extreme end of the deficiency. The rule I follow to correct an Mg/Ca def is to add more MC unless you are already at the high end of 6 or 6.5g. If you are then you need to back off the MC and feed her calmag alongside of it.
Learned that with the last one (PL) just when I felt like pulling it back, feeding it more was actually the right move.
Have found a sweet spot with the current WC and am only at 5g MC + 1g SC. It loves it there but I have a bit of wiggle room to go up if needed.

And I agree with you guys, sometimes autos are funky no matter what, and that pheno might just be another weird one with spots that will go away.

Back
Top Bottom